Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
For me I have no aversions toward the big splinter, but it has to come out or the wound will get worse.

So, what happens when it get worse??
Old 14-01-2022, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Yeah. I will do it. But not craving for that from now itself. Not crave for living.

If I see, that is the way I gonna die, I won't try to remove it.

Try the ' Middle Way' it avoids extremes in the form of asceticism and hedonism....
Old 14-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
So, what happens when it get worse??

Deal with it, that's wisdom.....
Old 14-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
many wound gonna come in life and one keep on removing that, it becomes endless.
After it starts, it keeps coming for a long time and continues to unwind, but after a while you start to notice that past events that used to be traumatic for you, as well as some sorts of personal hangups, have lost some of their impact, and you can remember them without adversity, grudges or any other negative affect. After some degree of old emotional clearing, universal love will start to rise up in the heart, the 'metta effect', I call it. There are further stages to the purification which are more... accelerated... but the meditation never changes, so regardless of physical, emotional, mental or the next, there is just 'ardent awareness with understanding of impermanence, free from craving in the world'
Old 14-01-2022, 11:30 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Deal with it, that's wisdom.....

Yup..
Old 14-01-2022, 11:40 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Universal love will start to rise up in the heart, the 'metta effect', I call it. There are further stages to the purification which are more... accelerated... but the meditation never changes, so regardless of physical, emotional, mental or the next, there is just 'ardent awareness with understanding of impermanence, free from craving in the world'

If pain turns to Love, then Love will again change to Pain, as everything is Impermanence. Isn't it?? That 'meta effect' becomes a cause for another meta effect, or whatever and continuously changes. Everything is Impermanence, that's what Buddha says. Right?

See, to me, love and hate is there in subtle form always. In gross form, one dominates other according to time. Staying free from both aversion and attachment towards both Love and Hate, is Sama idhi. Let it be whatever, it is 'as it is'.

"Who am I" to love/hate "Who/what". Find it out. Buddha find it as "Anithya, Shunya, Anatma". Finding out those is right understanding.

It's good to have a conversation with you, Gem out of Gem.

Namaste.

Old 14-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
If pain turns to Love, then Love will again change to Pain, as everything is Impermanence. Isn't it?? That 'meta effect' becomes a cause for another meta effect, or whatever and continuously changes. Everything is Impermanence, that's what Buddha says. Right?
Yes.
Quote:
See, to me, love and hate is there in subtle form always. In gross form, one dominates other according to time. Staying free from both aversion and attachment towards both Love and Hate, is Sama idhi. Let it be whatever, it is 'as it is'.
This depends. If it is an old hatred like a really deep grudge for someone that destroyed you long in the past, then that old and previously repressed hatred can arise in conscious awareness like a terrible storm without any current aversion toward it. But, if the hatred is being generated now and incites malicious volition, it is folly to suggest that is not aversion.

Love in the emotional sense will always have an emotional investment and an attachment, and eventually lead to a deep sense of loss, and I dare say people need that in their lives, or not having that in life especially as a little child can result in trauma. However, love in the universal sense is the nature of the great outpouring which is not subject to opposing relatives or cause and effect. It's indestructable and Is. The metta rising in the heart is how the outpouring feels in the body, without reason or object of affection.

Quote:
It's good to have a conversation with you, Gem out of Gem.
Yes. Same. You make very good points and I appreciate this very much.
Old 14-01-2022, 04:50 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Love in the universal sense is the nature of the great outpouring which is not subject to opposing relatives or cause and effect. It's indestructable and Is. The metta rising in the heart is how the outpouring feels in the body, without reason or object of affection.

Then, you are saying something against Buddhism. Indestructable love. Fine.

Oh god... I think you are speaking about "Bliss"... A feel. I got it. Finally. It's not love. No object, then what to love. Bliss, that can be felt and shared to people, in thoughtless silence.

But that too has an end in gross form. When universe ends, when objects annihilates, that Bliss (or Universal Love) too goes away.

As there is no universe in that destruction, then how could be there universal love after whole universe destroyed?

Thank you for the appreciation sir. But, people in this forum and many others, in spirituality - They seek only experiences and powers and love, and not to know the "truth". As knowledge stands against their desires, they start to come up with many arguments and words, to outpower knowledge and put front the experiences, to make experiences 'win'. But, it's they that lose to know the 'truth', who I am, what all this. From all this seeking experiences and powers and universal love, they are gonna suffer, and I only suffer on seeing all this, like seeing normal peope, seeking attachments/desires and suffer then. Because the universal love, if it is real, then there should not be sufferings/death, a limited life with pain and hurts. And I see, all this "I suffer" is only Sattvic Guna suffers on seeing all the "Rajasic and Tamasic desires". People, no people here and just all these gunas play and suffering stops within me, and again thoughtless bliss.

Okay. This is me, witnessing all these. Not experience/love, but knowledge/right understanding matters, in case of Nirvana/moksha/whatever.

Lord Rudra, rejoices in corpses. Does it mean he is against life/love? Nope. Again, Vishnu, he is a pure love, like Universal love you say. Does it mean, he is against death/destruction?? Nope. This two is life. Both Love and destruction is universal, and both are Indestructible in subtle sense. There is nothing/no person here to love/hate, create/destroy. Emptiness and waves.

If it is "bliss" you are saying, it is not love.

And the last advice in the domination of sattvic Guna, I see it says "if you love people/ love universe, it won't put an end to rebirth, and until you realise, get the right understanding, sufferings will go on". Or else, like in Hinduism, seek an image/god, show pure love to it, and forget the universe/people and dwell in that "single thought" of "love towards that God" and feel that "Bliss/universal love". It has nothing to do with Universe, so It's not correct coining that as "Universal love".

And, to the most, if there is such Universal love always, it won't see people suffering and watch it and do nothing. If there is such universal love, Indian Sages and Buddha would have said about it, but they keep on stating "Sarvam Dhukkam". Not just in Hinduism and Buddhism, I read some words in Bible and Quran, there too they say stop attaching/loving the 'universe' and turn towards "The One".

Everything in universe will end. Universe ends. Hope you understand.

Take care.

Keep on inquiring "who am I" and "who are they", or "Eight fold Path", etc.. If you find it hard/many limits, take devotion - very easier path. But not Universal love. Love towards universe/people, their welfare is a very big bondage, and very hard to break through, than the hardness you say about "Eightfold path". You can change people, but you cannot preserve. You can show Love to them, but only hurt comes back, like people throw hurt towards me when truth is said and they couldn't accept.They will cornor you, and make you look like an unkind being, though everything you say is in love towards them and to change them and share the Bliss. Universal love, a big magical Satan. Just witness the Universe, nothing here to love. Just watch it like a movie. Or rightly perceive like me as no living beings and only play of three gunas.

Peace.

Last edited by Viswa : 14-01-2022 at 05:50 PM.
Old 15-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Please Note Quotes are to be no more than two or three sentences long and Multiple quotes are not permitted.
this can result in the post being Deleted.

Namaste
Old 15-01-2022, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:

Thank you for the appreciation sir. But, people in this forum and many others, in spirituality - They seek only experiences and powers and love, and not to know the "truth".

It must be a very heavy burden to carry when you see people who do not want to know the 'Truth'