Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-01-2022, 05:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Talking Why do I have a hard time meditating?

I always have a difficult time when I try to meditate. I can't focus or visualize and my mind wanders off. Anyone else the same or can help?
Old 08-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Well, let's see...if you let your thoughts wonder, go all over the place during the day,
it would be hard then to sit in stillness and have them simply stop.
Make sense?
During the day have only kind, positive, constructive thoughts ---try controlling that part.
When you sit, then, that will be a start of having control of them to quiet them down.
Just one idea.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2022, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Fantasising or escaping through the mind, can this be a hindrance to stillness during that time you need to meditate?
Old 08-01-2022, 09:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Mysteries in the Spirit

Is there a point in your spirituality seeking where you simply reach a moment of mysticism? That to say, beyond this point accept what you see and don't expect to find an answer that is rational?
Old 08-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineof2022
Is there a point in your spirituality seeking
where you simply reach a moment of mysticism?
Without focus and a wandering mind, as said ...
I don't think a person is reaching any 'moment of mysticism'.
I bet they'd like to, tho! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2022, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthmindhacks
I always have a difficult time when I try to meditate. I can't focus or visualize and my mind wanders off. Anyone else the same or can help?
If you 'always' have a difficult time perhaps it's not for you. Some people meditate, some don't.
What is it you're trying to accomplish? Could there be something else you could do?
Old 08-01-2022, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
There is a current similar thread in this section which may help:

Am I the only one who can't meditate?

Peace
Old 09-01-2022, 06:06 AM
Master
Melding with the beauteously shifting hues of sunset, the wafting fragrance of a scent
Purring rapture cascading within whilst holding hands of your love
An ambedo trance in the vast vibrant void of enigmatic space

Few everyday examples of thought rested stillness. Lower mind rests.

Meditation, in as an activity basically becomes concentration, holding attention on one object or mantra. The doer must disappear. Thought ripples still come and go but we do not claim them as our own. Passing traffic. Attention poised and animated without agenda, devoid of both fear & desire. Emptiness. If impossible to restrain thought, sublimate by inviting our divinity in the heart to burst forth, in a manner of it’s choosing. Let the unfoldment or even lack of awakening be embraced in surprise and gratitude. Then remain like this. If we sway, come back to the meditational orientation, making it our fulcrum, so to speak.

Meditation then, is not an activity any longer but our natural state of silence & stillness, the calm eye of each storm, of all thought forms, experienced as though watching a movie. We are not the doer, yet there is a mover! Embrace, hold, release. Endlessly. Like our breath, without employing force, neither seeking nor resisting.

Then what will be will be. A cleansed, purified heart helps, is necessary, in fact.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, it's the same for just about everyone, so no worries, just do your best for the time you scheduled and feel good about your work.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Meditation is like sex. You can either do it because you like it, or because you have a goal of having children or because you want to show your partner your sexual prowess. It's very personal, meaning you choose the way you want to meditate. You can either meditate on what or how you like, on how you've heard others do it, or as a means to a particular goal (chakra opening, kundalini, insight, enlightenment, astral projection, etc)

We should be very honest with ourselves and accept that we are starting from the beginning. If we are beginning, then we should 'be like little children' and start with the milk & toys. A child will choose what they like first before they grow to a point where they need to choose what is necessary or face the consequences.

If I were you, I would meditate on what I want and how I like it. You can definitely meditate on your goals & desires & see how that plays out. When it all happens, it makes you happy, encourages you and makes you wanna meditate even more. That's how we grow.