Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Master

pixiedust question

When I look back at my "spiritual development," there have been times of great peace, quietude, and many life changing experiences. The bounds of possibility seem in multitude, and many posters here share their stories, invoking humility, remembrance, and gratitude.

Through my life experiences, I've seen firsthand what love can do. And it is unimaginable, unreachable by my human intellect.

At the same time, I look back over the years and I also realize I do not move forward. I stagnate, knowing on one hand the tremendous beauty and potentiality of a truly spiritual life and on the other, knowing and coveting the wares of society.

I write this to say that any words and guidance would be deeply appreciated.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:53 PM
Master

Hi pixiedust

There is much that could be said in response, but one thought immediately occurs to me so I will put it out there.

Do you have a strong Pisces influence in your birth chart? The symbol for Pisces is two fishes swimming in opposite directions. One fish is swimming towards Spirit. The other fish is swimming towards material comfort and an easy life. Pisceans are pulled in both directions, being naturally drawn to spiritual love while also wanting to comfortably stagnate.

Just a thought which could be completely off the mark.

Peace
Old 07-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust

'The person who clings to nothing of the past, present and future, who has no attachment and holds on to nothing — that person, I call a Holy Person.' — The Buddha
Old 08-01-2022, 05:05 PM
Master

Conflict

Quote:
I would say you are not alone. There may be many like this.Having attraction to wares of society is not bad per se. But when that takes over us completely or we get drowned in it to the extent our vision gets blurred/lost and it impacts our our action/ words / thoughts negatively, trouble starts creeping in.

For this you have to have some/slight yet real spiritual orientation more than orientation to wares of society. This does not mean to desist or abstain from what u like. But it definitely means u to have relatively higher spiritual attraction on an ongoing basis.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:11 AM
Master

Thanks, ALL of you !!

Namaste.

Pixiedust
Old 14-01-2022, 12:35 AM
Master

sometimes, it isn't necessary to attain the 'most' beauty one can. Sometimes, it is enough to just live one's life.
Old 14-01-2022, 12:36 AM
Master

i say that because I've always personally wanted to have more of the 'fruits' of spirituality, but am coming to understand there is more to life than having the fruits of spirituality.
Old 14-01-2022, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i say that because I've always personally wanted to have more of the 'fruits' of spirituality, but am coming to understand there is more to life than having the fruits of spirituality.

That's a good point. So you mean just forget the spirituality stuff?
Old 14-01-2022, 05:35 AM
Master
In my view, we never really stagnate, when consumed by a burning yearning to feel complete, vibrant, suffused in God’s love and light. However, this feeling of being at a plateau or what some obliquely term as ‘dark night of the soul’, this disquiet, it is correspondent to an urge to hasten vibrational ascent, contradicting our orientation of surrender.

In this context, let us say that if the veil is removed and we are whole … one with the oneness in absoluteness, we are denied the stark contrast of duality wherein we need to overcome adversity and in fact see God even in the darkness. So, let us celebrate life in wonderment and astonishment as it appears here and now.

Water at boiling point … the temperature is the same as when it turns into steam but what is ‘invisible’, is latent heat. Thus, all is enabled at the optimal time. The only doing we need to do is to trust and let go of lower mind.
Old 14-01-2022, 06:37 PM
Master

Quote:

Be as you are @pixiedust, you have always been and will always be, only the mind changes.