Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-12-2021, 05:50 PM
Guide

Deep Listening is Surrender of the SELF.

I have come to understand the big difference between hearing something and that of deep listening. In my four decades of meditation I have discovered the the inner silence, when all thoughts are still, and listening becomes deeper that an awareness grows within you that you are surrendering yourself to the universe, when this occurs a further awareness impinges upon you of that your resistance is wavering as your awareness expands into the all-ness of nothing.
Listening deeply into the silence seems to melt away your resistance to that which just "IS". Wisdom flows into that silent inner spaceless space that opens up when all is still.

regards michael.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:21 AM
Guide

Deep listening is Surrender of the Self.

What i have discovered in over four decades of meditation is that the art of deep listening has barely got a mention in this so called modern age, yet i believe that it has been known for thousands of years but rarely manages a mention today. Without deep listening the fullest state of Samadhi could not be reached. As all thoughts are stilled and we enter the inner silence we begin an
automatic process of alignment, the universal natural law begins the alignment process which then becomes totally inclusive, all resistance to life begins to fall away, when it falls to zero-point Samadhi is achieved, our surrendering becomes total, atonement within the all sequence opens up, the internal fire of life uncoils its serpents slumber and our life force ascents up the Jacobs Ladder into the crown chakra. running in tandem with this is an expansion of pure awareness and that of cosmic consciousness which will become downloaded into the vehicle after the fires cease their roaring thunder. When we reach a point of zero resistance, this creates a vacuum and as nature abhors a vacuum what rushes in to fill this void, is cosmic consciousness and wisdom.
regards michael.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:53 AM
Your first post: Well said. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Your first post: Well said. :)
Thank you Miss Hepburn for your input here, and may I take this opportunity to with you and all of your family, a very merry happy Christmas.

regards michael.
Old 26-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Guide

The deeper the inner silence penetrates the more profound will the intuition become, this has been my finding in the last four decades of meditating, the silence is akin to an infinite ocean of wisdom.

regards michael.
Old 26-01-2022, 06:36 PM
Master
Well said Michael K, I also have been meditating on silence for more than 4-decades and I can
relate to what you are sharing here. The first rule of communication is to learn how to listen and meditation
is and attempt to communicate with our deeper being.

Truly listening is lost in modern society. I have felt that I hear better when I quiet my mind, no thoughts.
I have also experienced the rich thickness of complete silence, and allowing that silence to engulf me.
Yes, there is wisdom there, joy overflowing, and a deeply growing intuitive connection.

Sound is vibration, and all creation comes into being out of sound. Christians say “In the beginning was the
word,” and in my opinion that word was sound. Yogis attempt to emulate that primordial sound with the
mantra “Om.” Scientists call that primordial sound “the big bang,” and so forth.

In silence everything dissolves, or merges into one. The thing about silence is that it is always with us.
It is in the backdrop of noise; just remove noise and silence is there. We do not add silence we just
remove noise. Unfortunately there are people who can not tolerate silence.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 26-01-2022, 07:27 PM
Guide

Deep listening is surrender of the Self.

Thank you Starman for your excellent post here, and its good to know that I am not alone in meditating for over four decades. Yes silence is akin to pure awareness both are eternal and infinite, I used to puzzle about how to surrender completely to the universe, until i realized all I had to do was to listen to the universe as deeply as I possibly could in rapt silence.

regards michael
Old 27-01-2022, 12:38 AM
Master
Lots of people have questions about spiritual surrender and how do you do it. Its’ really all about letting go,
but we really do not need to understand how to do it. Just listening to our deeper being, listening to the
silence, will transform us and give us that “let go.”

The transformation is automatic if we just listen and bathe in the depths of inner silence. I have gotten in
my own way many times, trying to understand and do it myself. Letting go of that was also part of my
spiritual surrender.
Old 27-01-2022, 05:59 AM
Master
Whilst intuiting offered experience in stillness, lower mind (identity) rests, as we simply dwell in, meld with, the omnipresent divine energy, purring and humming within. In fact, we may say that there is actually no surrender, since there is no doer who may employ free will to surrender this to that, as boundaries blur. Rather, it is a celebration continuum, neither negating nor seeking but simply pulsating, in sync with the current in is-ness of our being-ness.
Old 27-01-2022, 08:21 AM
Master
It is true that the doer surrenders, or is surrendered, and once that happens there is no doer.
But it is also my experience that we are never the doer; the doer is what we open up to, what
we allow to run our lives.

In and alcoholic alcoholism is the doer, to a sex addict lust is the doer, etc., etc. Control is an illusion,
all we do is allow certain forces, energies, or entities, to enter us and control our lives; all we do is
open and close our heart. This is obvious when we open up to pure spirit but it is also true with
other coarser energies, or vibrations, as well. We are really never the doer because we surrender
to all sorts of things during our lives here on earth.

According to Yogi Philosophy; the five major destructive modes in humans, and their Sanskrit name
with English explanations:

KAM = Passion allowed to run into lust, and abnormal demand. We grow like that which we
contemplate. Kam binds us to the animal plane.

KROFT = Anger and hate. A mental carcinoma. Anger causes confusion to scatter the mind
from the center. Slander, fault finding, jealousy, destructive criticism, etc. are the “pups” of anger.
Never criticize, find fault, abuse or blame anyone. When you speak ask yourself, is it true, necessary,
and kind.

LOFT = Greed. This binds us to the mineral plane, lower than the animal plane, and creates
a God of gold and silver for us. While Kam degrades us, Kroft consumes us, and Loft hardens us.

MOFT = Undo attachment to things. This will use up your time on earth and take you away from
higher affairs. It makes you a slave to the lower planes. The liberation of the soul is what you are here for,
nothing else matters. Moft will keep you from this freedom.

AHANKAR = Vanity or egoism. Ahankar grows on the action of the other four perversions. Vanity
operates with boasting long after the other four destructive modes have died. Ahankar loudly says I am
right and all others are wrong.

According to yogi philosophy these modes possess people to do things, they may even take over the will
of a person. Yogi philosophy states that the only thing worth doing in this life is to find a compatible
spiritual path and walk in it.

Namaste