Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-12-2021, 05:24 AM
Knower

Do angels have wings or something we invented ?

The bible refers that malakim is the way how Judaism called angels, the word angel comes from the word “Angelos” greek meaning messenger truth be told they are powerful beings and the order how angels were portay by the catholic church are wrong. The catholic portays them as human and child-like they were never that figure. But in biblical times the bible says it prohibits the israelites from depicting things from heaven.

20:4 exodus

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.

This is case that angels could not be depicted and painted and most the images in the internet and the catholic paintings from the renassaince are wrong. Angels are being we cannot see with the naked eye, only the prophet Ezekiel says in A vision A sight of the Lord with his angels.

Ezekiel 10:1-22

That is closest what is described even though angels appear to him, How did this portrayal of angels in a good vs evil appears that angels will destroy each other

in the celestial war ?
Zoroastrianism

Is the influence that Catholic, Judaism, and Modern-Day Christian fall for it, It teaches that good and evil exist in the plane of angels heirarchy and angels all have wings and all are special beings. such as its monotheism, messianism, belief in judgement after death, conception of heaven and hell, and free will may have influenced other religious and philosophical systems. Even though Judaism predates it even before the exile of babylon the kingdoms of Judah and Israel worshipped other Gods and accepted influence from other religions. Zoroastrianism influence it all and this concept of angels and demons arouse.

What is the closest we know on how the angels really look like, how the lord is in his throne with them is

hebrews 12:29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”

It is reference of what power he is made of and the angels around him are made of fire like his because he is so powerful other ranks of angels under Seraphim, Cherubins, and Ophafins ( Thrones ) can be near him.

G-d is not men or women in appearance but fire he can come down here as man but in heaven his body is fire !!!

The angels are made of his fire and can withstand his enormous power

. The question do angels have wings ? some do and some don’t their is heirarchy that exist but for christians Seraphims are the high order the top but for hebrew (Judaism) chayot ha kadesh are the higher caste but here is an example.

Maimonides

he puts heirarchy like this

Rank Angelic Class Notes

1 Chayot Ha Kadesh [21] See Ezekiel 1 and Ezekiel 10
2 Ophanim See Ezekiel 1 and Ezekiel 10
3 Erelim See Isaiah 33:7
4 Hashmallim See Ezekiel 1:4
5 Seraphim See Isaiah 6
6 Malakim Messengers, angels
7 Elohim “Godly beings”
8 Bene Elohim “Sons of Godly beings”
9 Cherubim See Hagigah 13b
10 Ishim “manlike beings”, see Genesis 18:2 Daniel 10:5

then the christian one

1: Seraphims

2:Cherubins

3:Thrones (Ophanims)

4.Dominations

5.Virtues

6.Powers

7.Principalities

8.Archangels

9.Angels

are the order of christians.

But because of the flood, the destruction of the temple of Solomon when babylon attacked, and other times history is destroyed in Israel by this calamities we do not know the way is organized and rabbi’s say that great information was lost in this incidents of history we do not know how the order is ?

Some scholars say Chayot Ha Kodesh are indeed Archangels so the order maybe switched.

So where does it says angels have wings ? one part says it.

When moses made the ark God instructed him to put wings on the cherubs !

1 kings6:27

27And he placed the cherubim inside the innermost room of the temple. Since their wings were spread out, the wing of the first cherub touched one wall, while the wing of the second cherub touched the other wall, and in the middle of the room their wingtips touched.

It shows the ark was made with cherubs and their wings.

Where does it say they don’t have wings ?

The ophanims ( Thrones)

they do not have wings

Ezekiel 1:15-21

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
No where in this part do they have wings.

There is error that people see angels like child-like babies that have wings and the Catholic church depicted them as cherubs such A way and the bible never said they look like that but powerful creatures with 4 wings of the Lord !!! People the eyes are fooled for what they see and people who saw angels cannot see the whole being for it is A being of fire.

A fire more greater than suns but what does the bible say about Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel aren’t they archangels shouldn’t they be Chayot Ha Kadesh the truth is Raphael and Uriel are not real they are not God’s angel another error of history they were created by the catholic church. They do not appear in the tanak or bible no aprt. The bible only talks of 2 angels and they are Mikael and Gavriel they are the angels G-d sends to talk to his prophets.

Raphael is made up just like the baby cherubs, also Uriel they are not part of the old testament they do not appear only in the apocryphals books.

So Raphael and Uriel are not bible based.

Last edited by Mikarikel88 : 22-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 22-12-2021, 11:06 AM
I do not know. But, there was one medium that says their energy, aura, light appears to us to 'look like' wings.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-12-2021, 04:14 PM
Ascender

I agree with Miss. H.
Old 22-12-2021, 04:19 PM
Master
Angels came to us thru Judaism.
If you look at those accounts mentioned, the 'Angels' virtually always appeared as men. It appears that it was their words or actions that separated them from men.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Master
When some thought that Peter was dead, they thought the real Peter was actually an Angel that looked and sounded like Peter.
Before that event, an Angel freed Peter from prison. That Angel looked like a person but had super human strength and was able to free Peter from prison.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Master
I like the explanation that the wings are part of an aura. But perhaps they're real wings also. It would be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Angels came to us thru Judaism.
If you look at those accounts mentioned, the 'Angels' virtually always appeared as men. It appears that it was their words or actions that separated them from men.

You'll find spiritual messengers across different cultures outside of Abrahamic faiths. 'Angel' is just a word.
Old 22-12-2021, 09:13 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 7 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You'll find spiritual messengers across different cultures outside of Abrahamic faiths. 'Angel' is just a word.

I agree. In myths of China, such angels are fairies. They come down to our earthly world to become subjects of wonderful love stories. Unlike German fairy tales, those stories invariably end badly.

As for the aura, I met an older woman who gave me a drawing of J. Krishnamurti's aura. Everyone has an aura, I was told. I am sure someone in this forum can draw your aura. I have a feeling that you have wings.
Old 22-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Administrator
Not Everyone sees Angels the same way.some see them as a sphere of light.
some see them as human form with a golden glow around them,
and others see them as a human form with wings.

I know when i was in my bedroom just after my Husband passed a huge pair of Angels wings covered my ceiling.
I was doing a healing on someone and i could feel feathers on my arms i looked and a huge Angel was standing by me with a huge pair of wings.

Namaste
Old 22-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Master
This is a Christian forums,not sure if I should bud in at all.
There are many names in the original post I understand are not angelic, but never mind.
But to the original question: Do angels have wings or something we invented ?

On this planet we see the angelic different than the rest of this (uni)verse.
To understand this we need to go back to the dawn of time.
At the beginning the barriers between the angelic, the Fae and humans were very thin, and it was very easy to interact with them.
In those early times it was decided how those groups would appear to humans.
Even so those times go back many hundreds of thousands of years, the stories still exist and persist.
Old 23-12-2021, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Not Everyone sees Angels the same way.
So true, we are all unique in our differences.....