Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It would be helpful to hear what medics think about what they are taught about death during their training. Helpful too to know how they might behave if they weren't constrained by the oath they take and the expectations of our systems.
Euthanasia was recently legalised in New Zealand, subject to very strict conditions. Many doctors opposed this bill, saying they had sworn an oath to "do no harm".

Which is a bit ironic given the number of drugs they are willing to prescribe which have all sorts of side effects. And it seems odd to consider that helping a terminally ill patient in daily pain to die is seen as doing harm, while prolonging a person's suffering with no quality of life for an extra six months is seen as not doing harm.

Doctors seem to regard the death of a patient as a medical failure, whereas the spiritual perspective is that physical death may be a blessed release from suffering.

Peace
Old 09-12-2021, 09:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Doctors seem to regard the death of a patient as a medical failure, whereas the spiritual perspective is that physical death may be a blessed release from suffering.

Even among those who consider themselves caring and spiritual I would expect differences of viewpoint. I can metaphorically stand in the shoes of someone who knows about survival or the shoes of someone who doesn't. I used to be, after all, in that latter category at one time and I haven't forgotten how that felt.

Since doctors along with others in vocations, professions and plain jobs are unlikely to understand matters of the spirit unless they have experienced them - and/or been taught about them - we should expect from them no more than we should expect from others who are not medics.

In the meantime we should respect those who do their best despite having limited or no understanding of matters of the spirit. We can justifiably condemn those who do not try to do their best at all.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:40 AM
Ascender
There's different people and different lives.
Some would do anything to stay on the Earth as long as they can, they have built their own paradise, with or without a "spiritual" color to it.
Others would do anything to leave, because they have seen or they have experienced great things in other places beyond the physical, or because it's too painful here.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Deactivated Account
That's stating the obvious.

We are individually unique and how we feel about leaving this world at death is also something unique to each of us. Confronted with that inevitable event we each react in personal ways.

Most of us probably have lived on earth before although inevitably for some it will be a first incarnation. Others will have experienced a number of incarnate lives, perhaps many of them, but ALL of us have lived elsewhere before we incarnated.

All will have experienced life not encased in physical bodies but many, perhaps most, will not consciously recall them. How much their unconscious recall affects their conscious attitude to life we can not know.

But interesting though it may be, all of it is outside the conversation about organ transplantation and body memory etc., the subject of this thread.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Well, anyone can have my organs!!
To think maybe they could see with an eye! Or live for their kids with my lungs.
As if I would linger around my organs, yeah right....I'd be gone
on the Other Side having an adventure far from here!

Reincarnation being related to this? Don't think so.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Deactivated Account
me too! I have absolutely no reservations about being a donor or leaving my crummy, crumbling body for medics to practise on. I'll be gone the instant I can make it!
Old 10-12-2021, 11:00 AM
Quote:
... crumbling body for medics to practise on.
My body will be going to a Medical University. Just google Body Donation in my area.
(I believe I'm too old to donate organs, tho it is on my Dr. Lic.)
You don't even have to register...tho, it probably eases things, no questions for
loved ones, cuz you are on record there.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-12-2021, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
My body will be going to a Medical University. Just google Body Donation in my area.
(I believe I'm too old to donate organs, tho it is on my Dr. Lic.)
I donated my body - as did my wife with hers - to 'Genesis' but when I was reviewing it a couple of years back I learned they did not operate in Arizona - my only US address used to be in TX until I bought a place in AZ. After touring local AZ funeral directors I found a budget cremation plan and started to make plans and put money in place for our disposal in case we kick our clogs when we're in the US. When I checked our travel insurance, though, I found there was more than enough cover in the policy we both have so we don't need to concern ourselves.

I'll be just as happy being incinerated in the state we both love as I would be in our homeland. And if we can fertilize the cotton fields with our ashes, so much the better!
Old 10-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Over here in the UK we have a plot in a graveyard we can be dumped in anyway if we so choose but in general terms I'm all for my disposal by incineration. Ain't no sentiment about disposal and memorials etc for this Spiritualist!
Old 10-12-2021, 01:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:
But interesting though it may be, all of it is outside the conversation about organ transplantation and body memory etc., the subject of this thread.
lol I think it's related.
It explains a lot why some people have surgeries and operations that one would qualify as almost creepy. And I'm also sure that our relationship to life explains a lot about the failure or success of the operations.

Otherwise, yes, I'm a donor, I don't care what they do with my body after my death!

I'm quite sure that the people who don't want their organs donated transmit their markers to the organs, a bit like tattooing their own physical imprint onto their body. And I'm also quite sure that some illnesses are due to that, a desire to use that body and mark it with something personal, a way to incarnate deeply into it.
I mean, some people deeply desire to leave an imprint on the world, I guess they do it first with their own body and organs!
On the contrary, meditation and leaving the body removes that sort of markers and attachments. That's what I feel.