Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-12-2021, 11:33 AM
hazada guess

If the choice for me was life with a donated organ or death, I'm afraid I would choose death.(If given the choice).
Old 08-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
If the choice for me was life with a donated organ or death, I'm afraid I would choose death.(If given the choice).

Agreed. This organ donation is a but too Frankenstein to me.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Agreed. This organ donation is a but too Frankenstein to me.

How are things in the UK, Lorelyen? Do you have to register to be a donor or are you automatically a donor?

It looks like murky waters when they remove organs. People may not be completely gone. Yikes!

I think it's crazy that I even had to opt out. Just because a body is dead does not mean it belongs to the state to do with it as they please. This is yet more atheism creeping in, dictating to us what the ''standard'' is, what constitutes as ''death'' and what constitutes as ''values''. Little different from a bad religion holding its claws over a population and controlling every facet.

I believe organ donation can be sound, if there is a real connection and if it's a kidney. Otherwise I don't wanna go there, but I understand others may think differently and that's cool.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Deactivated Account
The mention of the Frankenstein story illustrates how fantasy can readily color views.

Although I've been a long-time potential donor of my organs - and indeed my whole body for medical research - I am against assumed agreement unless each individual opts out. But I understand the medical basis of that argument......

That's a political/ethical issue, however, and consideration of the above is is a long way from concerns expressed about the so-called, and as yet unsubstantiated, notion of "body memory". It perhaps shows how emotion can override logic.

Speaking personally I'm not concerned about medics getting the exact point of my death wrong - the separation of my soul/spirit from my body - provided they're not chopping bits out while I'm patently still functioning! I'm not afraid of death itself or of my organs retaining memories of the character or characteristics of the being I call 'me'.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Another possibility is that the transplanted organ retains some of the aura and etheric field of the original owner. So the recipient receives subtle (or not so subtle) impressions and tendencies of the previous owner.

How long do you think that aura lingers on in that donated organ?
Old 08-12-2021, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account
We don't know that an individual's aura DOES remain on a donated organ. It's conjecture but if any were to linger the length of time would likely vary from one individual to another.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Lorelyen

QUOTE=Altair - Post #13.
"How are things in the UK, Lorelyen? Do you have to register to be a donor or are you automatically a donor?"

> Yes. It's "presumed consent". However, the relatives of the deceased can veto the consent. Many do.

"It looks like murky waters when they remove organs. People may not be completely gone. Yikes!"

> Absolutely. I enquired why surgeons had to anaesthesise a donor before removing the organs. That rings alarms to me too.

I think it's crazy that I even had to opt out. Just because a body is dead does not mean it belongs to the state to do with it as they please. This is yet more atheism creeping in, dictating to us what the ''standard'' is, what constitutes as ''death'' and what constitutes as ''values''. Little different from a bad religion holding its claws over a population and controlling every facet.

I believe organ donation can be sound, if there is a real connection and if it's a kidney. Otherwise I don't wanna go there, but I understand others may think differently and that's cool.

> Yes. It's up to the individual. I'm not swayed by the hand-wringing, tear-jerking noise-makers who insist it should be ethical, though. It's something I won't touch. But the whole medical world is weird - an insistence on keeping people alive at all costs even when in a vegetative state. (And when it comes to the Elderly Care Industry it costs a lot.).
Old 09-12-2021, 10:37 AM
Master
The mainstream medical world runs on materialist dogma, so to them, dying as a 90 year old is still absolutely terrible, another person ''gone forever''. They're devoid of spirituality and have been trained to view a human as purely a bag of chemicals. Obviously, that means any sense of individuality and free will are but illusions to them. This mentality impacts how we handle covid, death, consciousness and organ donation. The atheists dictate to us what is ''ethical'' and ''just''.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Absolutely. I enquired why surgeons had to anaesthesise a donor before removing the organs. That rings alarms to me too.

Who did you ask about the anaesthesia - was it the surgeons themselves? What were you actually told.....?
Old 09-12-2021, 03:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The mainstream medical world runs on materialist dogma, so to them, dying as a 90 year old is still absolutely terrible, another person ''gone forever''. They're devoid of spirituality and have been trained to view a human as purely a bag of chemicals. .

Let's be realistic - few individuals have any understanding of survival and what follows. That's often the situation I've seen here! Even those professing spirituality or whatever may misunderstand.

Before my own awakening I knew nowt abaht owt in that connection and had I not lived through the events I did live through I would probably not be here now and discussing the situation.

Somehow, though, modern day society will need to find a way to deal with death and until there's someone somewhere explaining it then my prediction is there will be much stumbling for many decades to come.

It's likely future generations will face - even more than nowadays - the dilemma of medicine successfully treating conditions that at one time would have killed old folk like me. Many old farts survive today medical conditions that would once have killed them. Many will live for years with multiple conditions needing complex drug regimens. At what point is it 'right' to say enough-already?

It would be helpful to hear what medics think about what they are taught about death during their training. Helpful too to know how they might behave if they weren't constrained by the oath they take and the expectations of our systems.