Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Having a clinical psychology postgraduate social work degree/license, I can relate well to what you wrote about people reporting things "that have no correlation with what their eyes were seeing at all". This is not uncommon.
Luckily Mrs G keeps me appraised of my attention status, it's so wonderful she's so concerned about me. No I didn't see the gorilla lol

I used to work in mental health and have seen people who were intelligent and witty one minute go into full-blown hallucinations the next. I had to trap one young Asian woman in a male public toilet to stop her running onto a very busy main road to get away from me. Whatever she saw she was terrified to death of and ended up in a corner, sitting in a puddle of her own urine. Luckily where I was those things weren't too common but they did happen. Thing is, those hallucinations were just as real to them as their 'regular' reality and they are the same brain but it's processing different information. I never did find out what the woman saw, the next time I saw her she was doped up to the eyeballs, very sadly. I'm guessing there was some cultural references going on because by her reaction it seems as though she saw me as the devil come to eat her soul.

What we see isn't what we see, the actual raw image we see is an upside down concave grid that's projected onto the back of our eyeballs. The image is straightened out, turned around then split up and sent to three parts of the brain. We don't actually see in 3D, that's a result of processing. And we still respond to the survival mechanism of the eyes sensing movement, I wonder if anyone would be interested in human survival mechanisms in Spirituality? All that bliss that can be felt while participating in Spiritual practices might well be nothing more than our Limbic Systems telling us that it's good for us.

When I was a child I had the experience of an OBE during physical abuse, or at least that's how I experienced it. My consciousness 'separated' from my body and I was literally standing beside myself. I couldn't hear what was going on but I certainly saw it. I've also had times when my consciousness has shut down and my body has carried on as if nothing unusual was happening - although one of the instances happened in response to a life-threatening experience. It can be a bit disconcerting when the consciousness goes AWOL, especially since in that time you've walked across a couple of busy streets.

On a completely different tack, I'd like to find out about what science can make of mediumship. One of the things a good medium should do is to provide what's called "Proof of survival" to the person they're talking to. and that verifies that there is indeed a connection with someone who is 'real'. I gave one colleague a message from her aunt while I was at work, she'd been choosing curtains and her aunt had been watching her. The poor woman took some time to process what was going o, until it finally dawned on her that her aunt could only have seen her and it was indeed her aunt. That's pretty much bread-and-butter mediumship, but Spirit is obviously watching and how can that happen since Spirit has no brain nor eyes? And when clairvoyant mediums see?

Since I'm clairsentient I'd like to know how I received that knowing, it feels like a Gnostic knowing and didn't come through the 'regular channels.
Old 17-01-2022, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
This is a good definition and observation, sorry I've only seen it now that is because the thread has gone into very abstract stuff that I couldn't keep up with. Thanks for sharing.
We seem to have completely lost the OP somewhere along the line and it seems to be more of a free-thought thread. You're welcome
Old 17-01-2022, 10:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Sorry Greenslade. Gunas is not like archetype. I googled and seen what Jungian archetype means, and it says, " Archetypes are Universal and derive from the collective Unconscious, where collective Unconscious are inherited by ancestors".
Humans often try to objectify what they see as 'forces' that they can't quite explain. God is the ultimate example of that, the mind thinks that there is causality and creates something that causes things to happen. Just like God creating storms and the like because he's ticked. God is also the ultimate authoritarian archetype, as Zeus was. Interestingly there are many parallels with God and Zeus. Luck and karma are other examples. Many of the Gods are also personifications of natural forces. There is a word for it that I can't recall right now, so if anyone's reading this feel free to enlighten me. It's an a similar vein to personification but objects/things are used instead.

We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we need to see it. The rest is how we want to see it.
Old 17-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
So sir you seek that Place? That's what you sincerely whole-heartedly seek? Are you ready to give your full interest on that, so all other place that bounds to time don't matters you anymore?
My apologies, I missed this one.

I go to that place sometimes, you see the seeker is always that which is sought so that pace exists within us all. It's beyond what matters to me or not.
Old 17-01-2022, 10:16 AM
Master
Spiritual bypassing is a particular school of psychological thought; it was developed by a psychotherapist,
John Welwood, back in the late 1980’s. He wrote a book about it titled “Towards a Psychology of Awakening.”
The concept of spiritual bypassing is just now catching on and has now gained some renewed traction.
The problem I see is that it is being widely applied.

There are many schools of psychological thought, Gestalt, Neuro-lingustic Programming, Esoteric
Psychology, Humanistic Psychology, etc., etc., etc. I have seen the evolution of psychology and how
new diagnostic categories have been created over the decades. There used to be a time when there
was no such thing as “codependency,” that term was created back in the 1950’s.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder became a legitimately recognized mental illness back in the early 1980’s.
I see spiritual bypassing as a new way of looking at psychological issues when it comes to spirituality,
and spiritual bypassing may one day become a new diagnostic term used by psychiatrists and
psychologists. I think that people who live in the western hemisphere are over-diagnosed. We have
a label for everything.

John Welwood established his concepts after observing patients he was working with. He was a teacher
of Buddhism and a Transpersonal psychotherapist. He wrote about what he saw in the people he was
helping, and his concepts are now gaining popularity. Spiritual bypassing is basically about the self
inflicted inappropriate personal use of religion and spirituality. Although it does not apply to every
religious or spiritual person. Nowhere does John Welwood mention the experience of duality and non-duality
in his concepts.
Old 17-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Master
P.S. There can also be intellectual bypassing, where a person avoids issues by intellectualizing them.
Career Bypassing, where a person hides in their career to escape emotional issues. They are the
consummate professional and rarely, if ever, deals with their own issues.

There are lots of escape behaviors and ways of thinking for people who want to avoid directly
confronting their own mental and emotional issues. American society bases fulfillment on creature
comforts, i.e. having large sums of money, a nice house, flashy car, and a trophy lover. Which does
not necessarily address deep emotional issues.

I like the music of Michael Jackson, but as a person he seemed to have a lot of emotional issues
which we covered up with his fortune and fame. The fact is it is healthy to sometimes withdraw
and find a means of escape. But in my opinion it should not be a permanent denial. Still, love does
guide us to a greater cooperation and harmony with life.
Old 17-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we need to see it. The rest is how we want to see it.

I gone to reddit forums and studied there, and also some posts here today.

Found why people are concerned more about "World".

It's not about they fear of death, BUT, they somehow see that "there are lots of things have to be experienced. Life is precious".

This is all because, they really forgot that, "We had already experienced everything, but we forgot when we dead in our previous incarnations. Again and again, there is seeking of life and experiences as precious, but all such experiences was already seeked and experienced".

Life is not precious. Life is a prison of sufferings, in the name of seeking experiences and new things. Though, a new form comes up by "sum of old", as you said, it's all the same pleasures and pain experienced for n number of lifes.

One will surely wake up from this "Life and Love and Experiences and etc..", if he really sees that there had been not many NDEs, but 1000s of DEs experienced and forgotten.

Experiences are experienced, forgotten, seeked newly, again experienced, again forgotten, again born, and it's keep on going.

See the "limitations and sufferings of birth-diseases-old age-death", as said in chap 13 verse 8-12 of Bhagavat Gita.

And Hi admin, I kindly request you to delete my account. I hope to see you all "in-person".

Thank you for this wonderful site.

Namaste

Peace.

Old 17-01-2022, 04:50 PM
hazada guess

Oh Viswa.Life IS precious if only to repair misdeeds and learn how to live properly, or to fulfill a purpose.The trouble is,we forget all that.
Lessons will be learned. You will know, when the time comes, that it is time to move on to pastures new.(However scary that may seem).
Old 17-01-2022, 05:53 PM
Quote:
And Hi admin, I kindly request you to delete my account.
Anyone interested in doing this -always pm Lynn or Native spirit.
Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-01-2022, 03:47 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Life IS precious if only to repair misdeeds and learn how to live properly, or to fulfill a purpose.The trouble is,we forget all that.
Lessons will be learned. You will know, when the time comes, that it is time to move on to pastures new.(However scary that may seem).

There is no right deeds or Misdeeds. There is no purpose to fulfill.

There is nothing new or old here. If you ask for new, it will project as 'new'. If you think to let it be old, then it will be projected as old itself... Everything is projected based on one's seeking.

No Lessons to learn, 'who' is the learner and 'what' to learn??

Let us assume, there is 'things to learn' and 'purpose to fulfill'. What will happen when you achieve/accomplish those?? What will happen if you don't finish/learn that??

Life is not precious, but this "Life is precious - learn how to live properly", is all a 'seeking/condition'. If one seeks that way, then yes, it looks like "Life is precious,bla,bla,bla".

'YOU" have nothing to learn/fulfill, as there is nothing but 'YOU', and no other things/person. If you seek something to learn, some purpose in life, some experience, some way to live life - then there happens to be projection in that manner/form of seeking.

'What' is there to repair?? World?? People?? Quantum?? Everything is limited and bound to change, then again repair, then again mistake and repair, then again mistake and repair, it's all a seeking.

When all seeking ends, then 'You' have nothing to do with any of these limitations, and just witness all this 'play or your appearances or etc..'. Even, the Bhagavat Gita, Puranas and Brahma Sutras - are all play of Dominance of Sattvic Guna of Knowledge in Vyasa. As the same as Vedas and Upanishads - Bible, Quran, Noble truths- Eight fold paths, Religions,etc. is a 'domination' of Knowledge - Sattvic Guna.

All the experiences experienced, NDEs or Angelic or power of healing or etc., is 'already' experienced for many lifes in 'me' or 'you or in 'billions', and if seeked again as 'new' - will be experienced for sure, but will be forgotten in time, and born fresh forgotten everything and again 'assume' as new and...

Just witness the play and seek nothing, as there is nothing to learn/seek/fulfill here. Only 'you' - no things/people/living beings/good/bad/deeds here, and remain peaceful in that end of seeking/knowledge/thoughts. Let the body act/not, let things happens or not, let 'actions' happen to be evil/good, let life is lived or one dies, even if 'actions' happen through 'me' to protect good and oppose evil, there is nothing here to be done by 'me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHepburn
Anyone interested in doing this -always pm Lynn or Native spirit.

Thank you Mam. I will pm..

Namaste.

Last edited by Viswa : 18-01-2022 at 06:20 AM.