Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-11-2021, 07:53 AM
Experiencer

I'm sorry I can't take it with my father

Again check my last thread for info

It's obvious doesn't have to do with anything with money. He's saving £100 per week which very good for a 65 year old.

Again he complained and lied to me for leaving hair in razor and he himself saying he got the hair out, when I checked the hair was there.

He didn't complain and get angry with my sister who left a puddle of water on the bathroom floor and huge amount of dishes?

He tells me throw books and my sister complains of who's going to vacuum the floor and clean up which is only loving room and bedroom 90 minutes or less in an entire week to clean both up!

My father is in the house for 7 days a week.

I got to go somewhere and do things on my weekend which I earn money but he says excuses when I can prove and he shouts in front of others which is very rude.

I'd told him with his bullyish attitude for 23 months gruelling and regimented and brutal how am I am meant to have a lovely? Be a success and get into relationships?

I told him I'd fail if he doesn't tell me do things on weekends.

My sister can't control me.

What's his mindset?
Old 21-11-2021, 01:34 AM
Knower
Yes, I also find the relationship with our parents to be the most challenging in my spiritual endeavors.

My father was also very demanding and chaotic in his temperament. There was a lot of yelling and shouting in my house as well. My spiritual insight often made him quite angry. He has passed now.

Something about the relationship with our parents is a difficult pill to swallow. It requires the utmost spiritual vigor to not repeat the trauma they have been unable to transmute themselves.

Anything that you decide to do or don't do, within or without is alright. All it can do is intuitively tell you what is working in the relationship and what is holding it back.
Old 21-11-2021, 05:24 AM
Dude111

Im sorry you guys are having hard times
Old 21-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
Something about the relationship with our parents is a difficult pill to swallow. It requires the utmost spiritual vigor to not repeat the trauma they have been unable to transmute themselves.

THIS!

My father was abusive too. He has also passed.

Sorry to read Guff779 about your father. I can't offer any advice since it's an individual journey through I can offer support.

In my situation I looked upon my father as a spiritial and emotional toddler. This gave me empathy and strength and as Rokazulu mentioned, to go beyond his behavior and into mine.

Much strength to you.
Old 21-11-2021, 10:41 PM
asearcher

Think you have to show him you can't take it no more. Change living arrangements if possible, give you some space, you are both adults now - and he plays the boss one moment and the victim another which is classic narcissistic, btw.

Sorry you're going through this.
Old 21-11-2021, 11:36 PM
Administrator
I think we all go through tough times in our lives Especially where our parents are concerned.
I ran away from home at the age of 11 i went to live with my Grandmother,at the age of 10 i was thinking of asking a woman i know if i could live in one of her houses.
My mother didnt like me and the feeling was mutual.my dad couldnt accept what i was i was called all the names you could think of told i was mad and needed psychiatric care.
I think there comes a time when you just have to move out

Namaste
Old 22-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Pathfinder

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff779
...It's obvious doesn't have to do with anything with money. He's saving £100 per week which very good for a 65 year old.

Again he complained and lied to me for leaving hair in razor and he himself saying he got the hair out, when I checked the hair was there....
Dear Guff779
Both my parents are around the same age as your father... what I am about to tell you, is mostly a thing of life and psychology rather than spirituality but I hope it helps because I have a similar situation with both but at a lower degree.

After researching about getting old, and watching people's reactions after a certain age, I found out that when a person reaches his/her 60th year, the health problems start to be evident.
I am talking about inablity to walk well and endure, maybe digestion problems or congestion problems, sight problems e.t.c... all the "goodies" that come with age... Now these things make them vulnerable, make them dependent on others.. well.. their children.
It is frustrating to know that you were an independent person before and now you have to rely on others to help you for anything. They get grumpy. And depending on their life (how harsh it has been), they can be REALLY grumpy and unmanageable.
They become like spoiled kids that need attention and they are trying to find ways to catch yours. A therapist that I talked to, told me, that whatever "behavioral issues" they had from childhood, to adulthood, they are also amplified greatly... For example if a mum or dad always had their way with everything, they can be demanding and unreasonable to the point of being highly toxic to get their way, or simply to mess with you because you don't do their bidding... they might not be able to move their legs, but they can as sure as hell move their tongue and pierce your soul with their words.

A first step for YOU to be ok, is acknowledge the fact that your dad will not sit down to understand your point of view... he is turning into a child mentally after all... try not to take to heart what he tells you, otherwise you are going to be very unhappy thinking that you are not good enough... you might do 100 things right but he may crucify you for one thing you supposedly did wrong...

My parents have been very judgmental of me until I moved out and proved that not only I can take care of my own house, I can also cook and feed them if need be. But still there are times when my mother will call me names when I don't agree with her about certain things... I return to my house frustrated thinking that she is slowly turning into a bitter person because in her life people have judged her like she judges me now, so I guess it is kind of like a reflex... for all the things she could not say then, she says them now to the first available punching bag... I try to think that this is life and get over it... It is not easy, but we are human, I guess we are entitled to some anger every now and then...

I suggest you liberate yourself by focusing on moving out... be independent and be present only when YOU can. That way, maybe he will appreciate you by your absence.

That's reality for you and for any person that still have their parents and their are getting old... Limit the conversations to the essentials only.. don't let him get into your head...

Please know that I feel you... Part of our spiritual journey is observing the tired souls of our families that may not be as awakened as we and help them when and where we can... we may have been like that before.... our observations will help us not to turn like them, but be a better version for our children...

this journey is ongoing...
much love and appreciation...
Crysta

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-11-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalika
My father was abusive too. He has also passed.
I am so sorry. I am sorry he was abusive also...... I know alot of people like this
Old 23-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Pea Soup

You are 29.
Leave.
I justcould not stand living at home and I left aged 16. If you choose to stay its because you want to
Reality check...
Old 25-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Experiencer

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Six months till my sisters wedding and he continues to complain and shout hard saying change mattress when I don't need to and says everyone will blame him.

Blame him for what?

He is just behaving in a very selfish and cruel way I've done so much for him in the past and now and in the future.