Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I agree with this because i can remember a few of my past lives.
I don't think there is any question that some people do have a memory of a past life --- some past life. Whether or not it is THEIR past life raises interesting questions.

One alternative explanation is that one is tapping into the Akashic Records (the Cosmic Mind, the expanded consciousness, or whatever one chooses to call it).

Theresa Neumann was a German Roman Catholic Saint who had vivid recollections of the life of Lord Jesus with parts of it being in Aramaic, a language that she did not know. However, she did not claim to be a reincarnation of Lord Jesus and she did not attribute that recollection to be one of her past lives.

The Aquarian Gospel (whose authenticity is understandably questionable) describes the life of Lord Jesus, including the "lost years" based on what the author claims to be a reading of the Akashic Records. The author does not claim his understanding to be a recollection of his past life as Lord Jesus.

This is just one of several alternate explanations on how such memories manifest.

Once again, I ask whether recollection of a memory of a past life supports the belief of reincarnation or is there another explanation for it?

NOTE: The Buddha's past lives are documented in the Jataka Stories and Buddha reportedly acknowledged them as HIS past lives. Perhaps some recollections are indeed past lives while others may be of a different nature.
Old 22-03-2021, 06:07 PM
Well, the past life scenes I experienced were not someone else's! Ha...
Kinda wish one was, tho....lol...but, alas, nope that was me alright.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2021, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What are your views regarding this phenomenon? Does it imply reincarnation or are there other explanations?

It's really difficult if not impossible to scientifically prove something supernatural. You'd have to demonstrate it and I don't think the mumbling of children is proof of ''past lives' ((which would have to de defined and proven as well)). It's interesting but it does not imply reincarnation exists. I guess we'll see when (and IF) we're on 'the other side'.
Old 22-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Master

One alternative might be this:

Consciousness is inside a mutlidimenional landscape. We move a certain way. We get eaten and we eat. We are mere energy and not soul or anything that would survive. Reality is far more complex this way. If you would look from a higher perspective, you could see the weirdness. But you wouldn’t find it weird. Because that’s your perspective.

We travel long distances without dying. Usually repeating paths. The circumstances we see are mere changes in environment, an environment that we keep on coming back to without ever consciously recalling.

When one child speaks of a past life, it might’ve had something to do with this more complex reality situation. We would be mere fish swimming an multidimensional sea. Humans wouldn’t be one type of energy. Could be all kinds. So this more complex theory of reality would explain weird links.

Didn’t make sense at all. But got this through. Maybe it’s just a creative idea to put things in an odd perspective.

Much kindness,

Cosmic Wonder
Old 22-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It's really difficult if not impossible to scientifically prove something supernatural. You'd have to demonstrate it and I don't think the mumbling of children is proof of ''past lives' ((which would have to de defined and proven as well)). It's interesting but it does not imply reincarnation exists. I guess we'll see when (and IF) we're on 'the other side'.
How do you explain the phenomenon whereby the kids know many verifiable details about the remember life? The phenomenon is factual ; it is the explanation of the process that we are pondering here.

Regarding your point about "I guess we'll see when (and IF) we're on the 'other side' ". That is a very valid point and precisely why my investigation took me in that direction. I actually had a one-on-one dialogue with Sogyal Rimpoche , a Tibetan monk , during which we discussed in detail how he observed his master literally raise a monk from the dead and then guide him through the physical death process "properly". Not only did he lecture on that subject but he also wrote about it in his book ("The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" - Page 6) but in far less detail than during our one-one-one discussion.

Yogananda also wrote about it in his "Autobiography of a Yogi" but that was well before my time even though I did hear the story directly from people who heard Yogananda tell the story first-hand.

As you duly noted, this is a very difficult subject to investigate.
Old 22-03-2021, 10:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
One alternative might be this:
Consciousness is inside a mutlidimenional landscape. We move a certain way. We get eaten and we eat.
You raise several good points and there is one in particular that really got my attention: "We are mere energy and not soul or anything that would survive."

The revered Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan defined soul as "energy loaded with consciousness" and it is that energy/consciousness that survives after the physical body is dropped.

I hope that you will elaborate more on what you wrote as my sense is that this is headed in a very illuminating direction.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 05-03-2022 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-03-2021, 08:04 AM
Master

Quote:
You raise several good points and there is one in particular that really got my attention: "We are mere energy and not soul or anything that would survive."
The revered Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan defined soul as "energy loaded with consciousness" and it is that energy/consciousness that survives after the physical body is dropped.
I hope that you will elaborate more on what you wrote as my sense is that this is headed in a very illuminating direction.
Ever seen a flower so perfect? Like all the mathematics that goes into seeing it truly? And how the constants have a way of expressing themselves?

What if we as humans have a similar growth functioning inside this multidimensional space. Like we are the flower together.

Remembering a past life would be easy then... it’s just an occurrence which can happen naturally. No need for linking or being that person. It could just be a byproduct of the mathematical expression of our species
Old 23-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, the past life scenes I experienced were not someone else's! Ha...
Kinda wish one was, tho....lol...but, alas, nope that was me alright.
I believe you !
Old 23-03-2021, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Ever seen a flower so perfect? Like all the mathematics that goes into seeing it truly? And how the constants have a way of expressing themselves?
What if we as humans have a similar growth functioning inside this multidimensional space. Like we are the flower together.
Remembering a past life would be easy then... it’s just an occurrence which can happen naturally. No need for linking or being that person. It could just be a byproduct of the mathematical expression of our species
I was never particularly interested in exploring/remembering my past lives though there were flashes where I had such recall that corresponded exactly to that of another person albeit with different roles in the same remembered past. I try to validate experiences of this nature as best as possible.

My spiritual mentor never encouraged investigating past lives and that may be part of the reason that I did not investigate past lives.

I recall an incident where a young fellow asked my teacher a question about "How can I remember my past lives?"

After a very long uncomfortable silence, my teacher finally responded: "Oh! So you've already resolved all your problems in this life?"

A word to the wise was sufficient!
Old 23-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Master

Fish

Quote:
I was never particularly interested in exploring/remembering my past lives though there were flashes where I had such recall that corresponded exactly to that of another person albeit with different roles in the same remembered past. I try to validate experiences of this nature as best as possible.
Yes my teacher tells me too to not worry to much about my past or next life. Just focus on this one. I am learning this the hard way too now. But I also work on a bigger vision. Like being capable of sorting things out now and in my next life. But it’s hard to say how to do so.