Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Master
Documented cases of children with memories of a past life - Reincarnation?

Dr. Bruce Greyson, Professor Emeritus in the Department of Psychiatry, at the University of Virginia, has done significant research into a phenomenon called "post mortem survival". Others call this phenomenon "past live recall/memories".

Regardless of the name given to this phenomenon, it is manifested in young children just starting to speak where the child has a VERIFIABLE memory of a past life and may even have birthmarks and phobias consistent with the manner of death in that remembered life. There are literally hundreds of such cases that are well documented, and I have heard Dr. Greyson's successor speak on this subject in a real-time zoom meeting earlier this year.

What are your views regarding this phenomenon? Does it imply reincarnation or are there other explanations?

In this video (starting at the 49:56 mark), Dr. Greyson himself describes this phenomenon in an easily understandable manner --- far clearer than any article that I have thus far found regarding this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGZSC8odIU

Last edited by Still_Waters : 22-03-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 21-03-2021, 10:15 PM
Master
There is a whole section in this article on "Children Who Remember A Past Life" which describes the phenomenon quite well for those who prefer not to listen to the video.

I would have quoted an excerpt from the article but I believe there is a Spiritual Forum Rules that limits the amount of info that can be directly quoted in an article. In any case, here is the link to the article.

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/a...ortem-survival
Old 21-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What are your views regarding this phenomenon? Does it imply reincarnation or are there other explanations?
Hi, :)
I should count myself out since I remember 3 past lives ---well, imp scenes from them...(and thus,
my relationships to many people now); as clear as day.
And that I have had one fault I carried with me here...which finally I am 90% overcoming. Yay!
(Meaning, I am a shockingly slow learner, embarrassing as it is.)
But, not THIS life time, no siree, I'm learning my lesson!!
And a couple more add-ons!

So my views? They are real memories, period.
Yeah, I have a famous book on children past life studies. Quote a couple good sentences, that's fine!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-03-2021, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I should count myself out since I remember 3 past lives ---well, imp scenes from them...(and thus,
my relationships to many people now); as clear as day.
In one of his videos, Dr. Greyson was asked if this "proves" reincarnation. He responded that there are cases where TWO living children have a memory of the SAME past life.

How would you explain that? Can a being bilocate in the sense of reincarnating as two different individuals at the same time. I have to get more details on those cases as I am citing that from memory.
Old 21-03-2021, 10:40 PM
There are some great ---yet slow, unprofessional youtubes of kids and the parents taking them
to where they used to live and such.
Fascinating...cuz neighbors are still alive confirming many things, too,
from decades earlier.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-03-2021, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
There are some great ---yet slow, unprofessional youtubes of kids and the parents taking them
to where they used to live and such.
Fascinating...cuz neighbors are still alive confirming many things, too,
from decades earlier.
This phenomenon is very real with lots of documentation. Yes!
Old 21-03-2021, 11:10 PM
"I think everybody's born innocent. There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding about that."

Someone said this here, they can speak up when they see this if they want to - Cuz it's a good topic!
Are we? Or do we carry things 'not so innocent ' with us when we are born?

Old 22-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Master

A parallel ... Can we say that the me-from-one-of-my-dreams is a reincarnation of me-from-a-previous-dream? I believe we can't.

If you pay attention, you'll notice than in many of your dreams you revisit locations and situations you've dreamed of in other dreams. Often those are locations and situations that can't be found in your awake-life.

What does it mean?

Your dreams are translations of non-physical experiences you can't directly perceive because you can't (yet) use your inner-senses. That's why you translate them into the language of your five physical senses, the only one you understand now.

(if interested, read my post about the psychological time)

When you die, that feels like waking up to another you. When you're born, it is similar to when you fall asleep. You can get lucid-while-awake, as you can get lucid-in-your-dream.

Regarding young children's recollections ... When you wake up in the morning, sometimes you recall your dreams, other times you don't. Usually your dream recollection fades quickly.

Why? Because the non-physical memory is associative, while the physical memory is sequential (time).

I believe that everybody's born innocent. We aren't supposed to be completely oblivious to what we are, and why we are here, but civilization made us forget that, unfortunately. The primitive man was more in tune with his non-physical aspect.

In a new dream, we don't have to pay for what we did in another dream. We aren't the same personality.

We don't have to pay in this life for what we did in past lives. We are't the same personality.

You don't have to pay in the 4th grade for something you did in the 3rd grade.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
A parallel ... Can we say that the me-from-one-of-my-dreams is a reincarnation of me-from-a-previous-dream? I believe we can't.

If you pay attention, you'll notice than in many of your dreams you revisit locations and situations you've dreamed of in other dreams.
While I agree with much of what you say about dreams, this particular phenomenon involves vivid VERIFIABLE memories that a child (often between the ages of 2-5) has regarding a life (not necessarily reincarnation) often in a far-away place with sufficient detail that it can be verified. In it, there are verifiable details of a life to which it is highly unlikely the child would have known under what most would consider "normal" (what really is "normal") circumstances.

In my initial post, I asked whether there might be explanations for this well-documented phenomenon other than reincarnation. I can visualize other explanations but am curious to hear what you have to say about this particular phenomenon.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 05-03-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 22-03-2021, 01:45 PM
Administrator
I agree with this because i can remember a few of my past lives.

Namaste