Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 21-11-2020, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
The Apostles creed and belief in Jesus should
include nearly all the plethora of Christian and Abrahamic denominations, including Islam.

You may be correct for most Christians have discarded Yahweh
for his slightly less genocidal son and thus break the first commandment.

Regards
DL
I understand ---not many here in Philosophy and Theory, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-11-2020, 12:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Who is god to you, and if Yahweh, have you looked at his genocidal ways and the ways of his homophobic and misogynous religions?

Do you see Yahweh as a good moral teacher?

Regrads
DL
I know God as "supreme controller" from miraculous experiences in my life; i can share about some of those if you like. I don't know about Yahweh.. I think Lord Krishna is probably God.
Old 23-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Control is the way of the dark side.
I hope you know what you are doing.
Perhaps you do!
I meant like that these things (working towards making your/others' life(s) better; or being good servant to God) don't require free-will. But we do have free-will so can make proper use of it by loving God.
Bhakti is a valid religious path. Neem Karoli Baba said "A pure woman is better than a hundred yogis. Women are more open to love God."
Old 23-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Ascender
Oh i remember another quote, this one by Guru Nanak: "Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God."
Old 23-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I know God as "supreme controller" from miraculous experiences in my life; i can share about some of those if you like.
I don't know about Yahweh..
I think Lord Krishna is probably God.
:) Krishna.
God takes many forms - don't you think? Like a big Diamond in the sky with many facets -
all reflecting back to you what you relate to.
(Can't take credit for that image.)
A Blue Boy with a flute♫ , a man in robes, a Divine Mother in a sari or
holding a baby in a Raphael painting or a Native Am Chief...and so on.

Some even relate to a stern, punishing image...why.
Are they afraid of love; they make up up something scary to fear?
Is that something to stop their tendencies to do wrong things? Maybe they need that.

Sure tell us about miraculous experiences of yours.
It's possible people will be polite and not pooh-pooh them. Crossing fingers.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Oh i remember another quote, this one by Guru Nanak: "Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion
cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God."
That's exactly right.

Old 23-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
God takes many forms - don't you think?
Yes, when God appeared to me, he appeared not in form of Krishna but in form of face of elder man with long beard. He said "I've given you everything.", and showed me examples of that.

Quote:
Sure tell us about miraculous experiences of yours.
There was a period in my life when i had power to shape the future with my words and thoughts. This was either because at that time i used to do lot of mantra chanting or because i had very enthusiastic/+ve attitude.

I had rank 445 in an admission test. I developed friendship with rank 446 person. We both wanted admission in a particular course of a particular college. I decided that let us be the last ones to get admitted in it, i.e. admission to that course of that college to get closed at 446. It was highly unlikely given the closing rank of the previous year and the current year's trend. During admission process other students were anxious whether they'll get admission in that course & college, but i wasn't because i had already decided the closing rank. And yeah, admission to that course & college did get close at exact 446.

I'm not seeing this as coincidence, as during that time when i had this power i used to feel the control.

After getting admission, i ran into my school classmate who had also come for admission to that university. She requested me to say that she'll get admission to a particular course of a particular college oh her choice. I said she will. Her rank wasn't enough so she got admitted to a different course, but then she became one of the few students to get upgraded based on first year performance and she got admitted to the course & college she initially wanted.

There was another period in my life when i used to feel spiritually connected, it was when i was an innocent child. A cricket match was to begin, i had no analysis of the skills of the teams playing, my friend asked me to say that the team he was cheering for will win. I said with full confidence that no, the match will be draw (Before beginning of match). It was draw. Then before re-match i said that a particular team will win, and that's what happened. I didn't say this based on any analysis of their cricket skills.

I met a girl who when she was a child said out of anger that a particular uncle of hers will die on the 100th day from that day. Her that uncle did die on the 100th day. On the 100th day, he wasn't feeling well, the family took him to hospital, the hospital IVed him glucose. He died because of that, as it was found later that he wasn't feeling well due to undiagnosed high blood sugar and the glucose worsened that.

Hinduism has stories of sadhus giving blessings or curses with their words and what they say comes about.

We just said/thought somethings. Someone else did the work of implementing them. That's why i believe in existence of a supreme controller.

Also: Some people believe in manifestation. Some believe in law of karma. These things are not possible without a supreme controller implementing/managing them.

Quote:
That's exactly right.
:) Your posts in this forum helped shape the logic i've given in my original post of this thread.
Old 23-11-2020, 06:01 PM
kralaro,
Oh my, the power of belief is the most powerful thing.
(I will get flak for saying that, maybe..hahaha)
Oh, the stories I could tell ---so moving in their seemingly "impossible/unbelievable" manifesting.

Why do I say belief is so powerful?

One reason is that it was belief that was behind the words of the Creator...
"Let there be light".
That was at the core of the power of it coming about.
He had NO doubt in His words...as we shouldn't have doubt in what we are able to do.

Old 24-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Soul Seeker, I think you'll find more
Yahweh folks in Judaism and Christianity. Just sayin.

Most seem to have rejected the genocidal twin for the softer gentler twin.

They break the first commandment by putting Jesus over Yahweh.

I do not blame them, morality wise, but Jesus, as a moral teacher had too many immoral tenets.

I particularly dislike his no divorce for women and his substitutionary punishment policies. They are both quite immoral.

Most Christians do not like those either as they do not do apologetics for them.

Christians tend to ignore morals, for the security of having a mass murdering genocidal god to protect them.

Pathetic that.

Regards
DL

P.S.
Note the lack of my usual descriptor?
Old 24-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
I know God as "supreme controller" from miraculous experiences in my life; i can share about some of those if you like. I don't know about Yahweh.. I think Lord Krishna is probably God.

I too have rejected the notion of the Christian god being a moral god.

I also have put man above god in the recognition that they are all man made.

Regards
DL