Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT regarding "Can Jesus Shapeshift? Shape-Shifting Jesus in the Bible "
Quote:
Originally Posted by abacustranslation
Please see the article at https://www.chinasona.org/Thiaoouba/...e-shifter.html
To me, it seems very reasonable...
It's quite common and reasonable for the "miraculous" to command one's attention as it once commanded my attention. However, it's more interesting to meditate on how such things are possible.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I was at the Khumba Mela in Haridwar (India) where a sage mysteriously appeared to us literally out of thin air in an open field and vanished immediately after speaking life-transforming words to us. When we mentioned this to our teacher, who was sitting on the dais with other sages, she simply responded that he does this from time to time and that everyone knows that.

This is not surprising since Jesus Himself said that "Greater things than this shall you do".

In addition, I have personally seen extraordinary beings who can change their outward form. Yogananda also mentions it in his Autobiography of a Yogi. This is mentioned in other traditions as well.

Biblical passages quoted by other posters here suggest that Jesus did this as well though I obviously do not know with any degree of certainty. I would suspect that He could do such things though I concede once again that I don't know.

In any case, it is clear to me that such things definitely do happen and they do happen NOWADAYS. As my teacher used to say to me when "unusual" things (at least to me) happened, MEDITATE ON HOW SUCH THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Learn something from such happenings and develop greater insights into the nature of the Reality. That would seem to be far more interesting than discussing whether Jesus could do it or not.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:47 PM
Master
I would say such 'miraculous' things do not happen in certain 'circles because some people do not believe in them and/or frown upon them.

For example, if you look at the word 'Siddhi', it rarely seems to me to carry a positive connotation.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-01-2022, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder
I could put it the other way round, and say that we can meet Jesus in the gardener, in the homeless man on the road, in the stranger on the shore etc. The scriptures tell us that God is incarnational. He came to Jacob as an athlete with whom he wrestled all night. And that same Jacob recognized the same face of God in his forgiving brother. God also appeared to Moses in human form on the mountain and famously showed Moses his bottom! "Wherever there are two or three, there am I in the midst of you." As we minister to one another each in our own way, we become Jesus to that other person or group of people. Most of the time we do not recognize him in the other. And we do not recognize him in ourselves. That is for others to identify, not us. But when Jesus said "I am with you always to the world's end" , since that group spilt up and went all over the planet, Jesus also goes in all directions. It is the omnipresence of God which was in the incarnation of Jesus, and the Resurrection of Jesus. That tells us that God/Jesus are/is incarnational. Paul said, "It is not I who live but Christ lives in me." On another occasion he was not sure that he knew the mind of Christ. Paul also said , quoting a Greek poet, "God is not far from any one of us, for in God we live, move and have our being." So the clothes God puts on are we ourselves. The two at Emmaus said, "He made himself known in the breaking of bread". So they didn't recognize him by his face or his clothing, but they recognized him by his actions. Jesus said that we are known through our actions. And so so is he.
John 3:16
Old 09-01-2022, 10:15 PM
Master
QUOTE 22 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would say such 'miraculous' things do not happen in certain 'circles because some people do not believe in them and/or frown upon them.

I agree with you on that point.

In the specific case I mentioned, the sage appeared and essentially answered the question my friend and I were discussing ... and then vanished. We never saw him again. He certainly didn't do it for attention.

In general, however, the ostentatious display of powers to attract followers is very much frowned upon in the East ... but there are exceptions to every rule as Jesus Himself reportedly displayed powers quite publicly.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 10-01-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:48 PM
Master
QUOTE 23 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
I could put it the other way round, and say that we can meet Jesus in the gardener, in the homeless man on the road, in the stranger on the shore etc.
Most of the time we do not recognize him in the other. And we do not recognize him in ourselves. That is for others to identify, not us.
There was so much insightful material in your post that it was difficult to choose what to quote and remain within the quote limitation administrative guidelines.

You are so right that "most of the time we do not recognize Him in the other. And we do not recognize him in ourselves".

The first line in your post noted "that we can meet Jesus in the gardener, in the homeless man on the road, in the stranger on the shore etc." That reminded me of a "homeless" black sage whom I met many years ago (and whose story I have told several times here) whose company during a mysterious 9-year-connection was more insightful and more direct (apolitical) than any current public "religious" figure I can think of today. As you duly noted, most of the time we do not recognize such beings.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 23 EXCERPT:
There was so much insightful material in your post that it was difficult to choose what to quote and remain within the quote limitation administrative guidelines.
You are so right that "most of the time we do not recognize Him in the other. And we do not recognize him in ourselves". .
Still Waters and Spirited,

So good to have called attention to the wonderful post of Spirited. ‘Insightful’ says it all. That is sight on a higher level……namely spiritual sight. John 9:39..”Jesus said, I have come into this world, so that the blind will see” “. We are blinded by the literal if we read this to mean that an optometrist verifies the restoration of sight. Spirited ably pointed out what real(spiritual) sight means. When and if we attain this ability Jesus could say…..”these are my sons in whom I am well pleased “…..:). We can be representations of the fulfillment of His purpose.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacustranslation
Hello,

Merry Christmas to everyone. I know this is a controversial topic and would like to know what you think about it...

Please see the article at https://www.chinasona.org/Thiaoouba/...e-shifter.html

To me, it seems very reasonable...
Jesus was able to shapeshift and I personally believe that if we reach a certain level of self-realization (whether we are Christian or not), we are able to shapeshift. I would personally like to shapeshift.

On the shore of the Tiberias sea, Jesus appeared to some of His disciples but they did not recognise him. If he looked like he looked before His resurrection, they would have definitely recognised Him. However, seeing that they did not means to me that He wore a different form.