Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-10-2021, 02:20 AM
traceyacey12

how do you read cards?

Hi everyone,

How do you read cards? What's your strategy?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Old 17-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Dude111

I would really like knowing also......I have some cards but dont know really how to read them.. I know if its UPSIDE DOWN than that card doesnt have as much meaning on whatever you currently about....
Old 18-11-2021, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
How do you read cards? What's your strategy?
Read them intuitively card for card, or straight from the heart in other words, you can't lose, let the images and symbols speak they're truth to you, all shall be revealed.

Loves up.

utopia
Old 21-11-2021, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I would really like knowing also......I have some cards but dont know really how to read them.. I know if its UPSIDE DOWN than that card doesnt have as much meaning on whatever you currently about....
If that is the meaning you allocate to reversed cards that's okay. Generally reversals represent the more negative interpretation of the card, and if it is an already negative card it makes it worse. Nothing scary but then it takes more work to get to the upright energy and if need be a positive one.
But you can give them the other meaning just the same. Just stick to that then in readings.
Personally I don't do reversals at all. If it's meant to be more intense / negative my intuition will tell me.

I was recording a mini course on Tarot reading. I am considering uploading them to my YouTube and adding a few more vids to them.
If interested I'll put the links here once uploaded.

Last edited by FairyCrystal : 21-11-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 21-11-2021, 04:43 AM
Master
Fairy Crystal,

Thank you for the information! I would love to see you videos on card reading!

I understand your meaning about reversed!

Utopia, I like your perspective of reading from the heart! Thank you for sharing also!

For me, learning the symbols and meanings of Tarot are all new, so I am not at the intuitive stage yet.

However, with Oracle cards I am! I also feel more heart centered with the Oracle cards.

The Tarot is still filled with so much wonder at the moment. I will have to see where it all leads.

I have been doing double deck week ahead readings, just for myself; a little comfy Oracle and a little new Tarot.
Old 21-11-2021, 05:22 AM
Dude111

They are amazing cards for sure...
Old 21-11-2021, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Fairy Crystal,
For me, learning the symbols and meanings of Tarot are all new, so I am not at the intuitive stage yet.

However, with Oracle cards I am! I also feel more heart centered with the Oracle cards.
I've done quite a lot of Tarot readings over the years, for myself, for others, paid for, pick a cards, yet I never understand why people feel they need to study symbols?
I haven't. I learnt the basic interpretations of the cards by doing and it will take off -expand- from there. I'm still learning new angles on cards. However, had I waited for that I wouldn't have come across these angles, and I'd still be waiting, not having fun with the cards!
And there's no reason to know it all by heart. You can just look things up too to get & keep you going and when in doubt what a card wants to tell you.

If you do that, not make it such a serious thing, it'll come from the heart with Tarot too. It feels like you put way too much pressure on yourself concerning Tarot. Just have some fun with it!
I do oracle cards too, got loads of 'em. Love 'em! They're nice and easy. The message is there already, no need to think or intuit :) Kinda lazy which at times is great. But training & using the intuiting muscle is good and great too!
I often use both oracle & Tarot cards in one reading :)

Maybe you could draw both an oracle and Tarot day card? See how they match, tell the same story -or not-, complement one another etc. Just to help you get going with it and have fun, remove the feeling you have to know more first etc.
Old 21-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Maybe you could draw both an oracle and Tarot day card? See how they match, tell the same story -or not-, complement one another etc. Just to help you get going with it and have fun, remove the feeling you have to know more first etc.

Hi FairyCrystal,

I see what you are saying! I will be careful not to hold on too tightly to my books.

Ah,I love your idea!

So, I did pull a kids tarot and and Animal Oracle card.

Page of wands & Peacock Spirit

The pages of wands was a young person holding a stick at at the top of the stick a few leaves were coming loose. The message is about like a change of winds and exciting new project.

The Peacock is “Let it shine” about embracing and authenticity and letting my true self shine through.

I think they go together quite nicely!

I think the tarot cards are a bit more abstract and becoming comfortable takes a bit more time with the cards. I wish I could show you the book, it is really intuition based and asks question of me to contemplate!

Tonight I will do my week ahead spread! And maybe post in the thread.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Old 21-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Master
You're very welcome :)