Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Newbie ;)

my wife has found her twin flame

I think I have a somewhat unique problem related to the twin flame idea. No, I'm not looking for my TF nor have I found one. But my wife has. And I'm not sure how to feel about that.

A little background: my wife and I have been married for 10 years; we have a seven year old daughter together, and I am proud to be dad to her 2 other daughters (11 and 16). My wife is an incredibly spiritual person, far more advanced than I can ever hope to be. She is a certified life coach, and an artist. She has always been interested in exploring her spiritual side. I am constantly in awe of her maturity and depth of being.

Our marriage has always been solid. We are both faithful to one another and our family. We support each other in all that we do. About 2 years ago, she met a teacher at our daughter's school. He's kind of a neat guy, smart, well-liked by the students, and also a local musician of some renown. They began exchanging emails mostly about kids and school subjects, but also began to express to each other that they felt like they knew each other really well, and that there was some kind of connection. Nothing flirtatious or incriminating, but a deepening affection between them both. One night, while out with friends listening to music, they crossed paths, and he was suddenly distant and cold, telling her "I don't want any drama."

My wife was crushed. I knew something was off, and she told me what was going on and what she was feeling (I did not know about this before this event). She was completely open and honest about what she was feeling, even though she didn't really understand what it was at the time. Interestingly, the whole experience seemed to open a new level of intimacy for us, even though she basically told me she was in love with this guy.

Their relationship (if you can call it that) continued in this roller coaster fashion. He would be friendly and warm to her again (no further emails), only to suddenly pull back abruptly. My wife would alternate between these incredible highs and soul-crushing lows. I don't think she wanted to have an affair with this man, or leave our marriage; she was simply trying to understand why she had such an intense bond and reaction to this person. After some exploration, she has come to the conclusion that they must be Twin Flames.

Although this certainly explains a lot of what is going on with her internally, it has not led to any sort of resolution of the situation. It continues to be one of wild swings in emotion. My guess is that he probably has strong feelings for her, but because of his position at the school, is wisely (?) keeping himself distant. This hunch that I have about his feelings for her have recently been somewhat confirmed by a third party.

So, what? What's my issue? I am feeling a complicated set of emotions about this whole thing. I am not into polyamory or an open marriage. I don't want to share my wife with another man. It's a bit uncomfortable for me to think that my wife is involved in an emotional affair, albeit a one-sided one. On the other hand, I'm not as bothered by this as perhaps I should be. My wife is on cloud 9 when the "relationship" is good. She is very honest and open with me about the whole thing, and continues to reassure me that she is committed to me and our family and that she is not going anywhere. So, yes, I'm happy when she is happy, but this all seems so . . . weird.

tl;dr--my wife has found her twin flame in another man, and I'm not sure how to understand that. Any thoughts and observations would be appreciated.