Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Lets try again ... a thread for expressions of love ...

Maybe through an image or a verse or a story or a quote ...

Maybe you want to ask a question about love ...

Maybe you want to express in words what love is for you ...

I don't really think of it very often, unless I come to SF where it's 'the theme', and I am subject to a lot of stuff here which unsettles me, because love isn't an issue to push forward, impose on someone, or to invoke the haves and have nots over.

Look at past threads on love, admittedy heart warming images appeal to the sentiment, and I appreciate that as much as anyone, but have you noticed that enlightenment threads and love threads generally become a rabble?

Of course if I were to express how love is in the way it works, determimes our behaviour etc... I would surely attract the authorities on it who would quicky tell me 'what I am' and I'd tel them 'where to go'.

The lecture on love isn't invokative of it, there's just aspects of love, and it's something which if you feel it moving you can tell it's there, and that's a subtle thing which preaching Love can not acheive.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Master
Well, I can certainly understand where you're coming from, Gem. I think it's okay for some members to just want a light-hearted type thread where it is intended to be just that. Just like with our Yourspace threads, we are supposed to get it "our way" ~ I even told a newb one time when they started to wrangle with the owner of one of those threads via pm that it wasn't proper understanding of what these one-member threads are intended to be.

So, I'm willing to let things just 'be nice' ~ maybe a disclaimer at the beginning of these types of threads ~ a very visual one and allow those who want to get into the debate of it set aside special threads for that sole purpose. Just a notion...

Old 22-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Master

Hi Sound, one aspect of the nature of human love, is touching;

What happens when a caress relieves someone’s stress, when a simple touch means so much that a connection becomes a reflection. When sympathy maybe empathy or just an expression of caring unfolds into sharing, like a flower opening into the sunshine for the first time, letting go a defence to accept a sense of the sublime. What power do we share that can help us bear the unbearable, cope on the most slippery slope, carry on outside when inside stops feeling. Just two, hands clasped, makes falling feel like being grasped, or relief from an emotional thirst before you burst, as an arm around a shoulder, can ease the weight of a boulder, bearing down on a heart, or blocking out where to start.

All lovers find the course, which leads to human sharing at source, beginning in separation, drawn together by expectation, learning to share, because they care, even when emotions are bare. In the essence of touch they learn so much, outgrowing what they expect, being simply content to reflect, the feelings beyond human separation, as loves elation becomes a new revelation. As every parent and child, creates a life filled with pats and rubs, cuddles and snuggles, ever so mild but beautifully styled, while ever so gentle endless connection that is essential, shapes their affection that grows into a Families reflection.

As friends or neighbours, workmates or strangers we either relate or from each other escape, as the reason for touching starts to feel like clutching, when expectation creates separation. Then social translation turns touch into force, creating a new course, in competition winners are strong, while the list of losers grows long. The birth of aggression becomes an obsession, destroying an instinct that heals, by expressing touch that steals. In mind and heart with choice we start, to share a life together or apart, the challenges of life makes many stumble, some struggle and tumble, so without the care of those who are humble, we all just crumble.

It’s the feeling expressed through every caress, in simple and complex ways, that shows us a natural medium, which breaks through separation, loneliness and its tedium, creating a sense that can remove any fence be it pain or strain, in the heart or the brain. Allowing us to feel something shared and real, that can lift us to the heights of love, or help us heal. This is touch revealed unless we keep it sealed, in solitary blindness because we know not kindness, as many do, who know but a few. But even they are still filled with a wish, for something they miss, waiting for me or you to bring them the bliss of a simple kiss. We have the power to knock down a made tower, and bring the sunshine to a hidden flower, we call it touching.
Old 22-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Gracey

Old 22-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Master

Old 22-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Humm

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN LOVED?

~ By Rob Brezsny ~

Have you ever been loved? I bet you have been loved so much and so
deeply that you have become blase about the enormity of the grace it
confers.

So let me remind you: To be loved is a privilege and prize equivalent to
being born. If you're smart, you pause regularly to bask in the astonishing
knowledge that there are many people out there who care for you and
want you to thrive and hold you in their thoughts with fondness.

Animals, too: You have been the recipient of their boundless affection.
The spirits of allies who've left this world continue to send their tender
regards, as well.

Do you "believe" in angels and other divine beings? Whether or not you
do, I can assure you that there are hordes of them beaming their uncanny
consecrations your way. You are awash in torrents of love.

As tremendous a gift it is to get love, giving love is an equal boon. Many
scientific studies demonstrate that whenever you bestow blessings on
other people, you bless yourself. Expressing practical compassion not only
strengthens your immune system and bolsters your health, but also
promotes self-esteem, enhances longevity, and stimulates tranquility and
even euphoria.

As the scientists say, we humans are hardwired to benefit from altruism.
(To read more about the subject, go here: http://dujs.dartmouth.edu/spring-200...truistic-giver.)

What's your position on making love? Do you regard it as one of the nicer
fringe benefits of being alive? Or are you more inclined to see it as a
central proof of the primal magnanimity of the universe? I'm more aligned
with the latter view.

Imagine yourself in the fluidic blaze of that intimate spectacle right now.
Savor the fantasy of entwining bodies and hearts and minds with an
appealing partner who has the power to enchant you. What better way do
you know of to dwell in sacred space while immersed in your body's
delight? To commune with the Divine Wow while having fun? To tap into
your own deeper knowing while at the same time gazing into the
mysterious light of a fellow creature?

+

Excerpted from his book *PRONOIA IS THE ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA*
Old 22-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Master
Sound gave us the Bellamy Brothers again...

Must be the season when that love light shines
All around us.

If you want to have a listen... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBSr-...feature=fvwrel

Xan

Old 22-02-2012, 04:22 AM
silent whisper

Old 22-02-2012, 06:49 AM
3dnow

To me love is:

[insert anything here] it happens it is normal.. unconditionally.

For this:
1. I first need to see the reality as it is
2. Then forgive: It happens, it happens to me too.

EDIT: This kind of love has nothing to do with the expression on your face. You can be very much loving with an ugly face.

3d
Old 22-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Master
Love is a biological as well as a spiritual characteristic.
Basically, love and creativity are synonymous.
Love exists without an object.
It is the impetus by which
all being becomes manifest.

~Seth-Jane Roberts~