Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Designated Energy

I recieced a lot of gestones from my stepmother a while back and would like to start learing as much as I can about them. I know a few basics and will be ordering some beginner books but what I really want to know how it was decided which gemstone dis what. For instannce what ist that makes rose quartz great for love as opposed to say, jade? Does it have something to do with the way the stons were formed?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Well, this is rather disappointing. No one bothered to try and give you an answer.

My opinion on this, just from personal experience and having had stone and crystal companions in my life for WELL over a decade now, is, yes, partially how the crystals and stones were formed in the Earth. All those little molecules and crystalline structures lining up. But also, the energy that was created by that all lining up.

Think of a tree.
Now, think of a clear glass window.
They're both very different. But, what makes a pane of melted sand better as a window than a solid slab of wood? Kinda hard to see sunlight if all you've got is a solid piece of wood, right? Whereas that melted sand can turn transparent, clear, allowing you to see through it.
It's like that. How they are very literally 'made'.

Back to stones and crystals, I was kinda like you first starting out. There was a LOT I didn't know and did not understand at all. A few times I came across a stone or crystal and thought 'oh! That's pretty', picked it up, bought it, and took it home. After having it around, handling it, I was able to start noticing behavioral changes or emotional changes within myself. Nothing in my life had changed at all, except for the bringing home of the stone or crystal I'd gotten.
Which led me to looking up online the stone or crystal, reading the properties, then going 'Oohhh, so THAT'S why it felt ____' or 'so that's why ____ was happening! That explains so much!'

(I've even tested this out on my mother a few times. Secretly placed a few crystals and stones around the house where she spends the most time at, then silently watched. I noticed her behavior and mood change. And, as above, nothing else in the house or her life had changed. Just another normal day, and yet, those crystals did affect her which lol to this day still amazes me.)

Long, roundabout way of making my point though. The reason why the properties and descriptions are listed as such for the stones and crystals are because this is what the people who have personally handled them have experienced. It may not be 100% the exact carbon copy sort of experience for everyone, but it happens regularily enough to notice the very obvious pattern.

I hope this has helped <3
Old 02-09-2016, 07:23 AM
Experiencer
Another way to look at this :

Many civilizations have used and loved crystals throughout the years. The Chinese are a good example. The oldest civilization on earth, have used crystals for thousands of years and have reaped the benefits of their metaphysical properties.

Over the years ( many thousands ) by trial and error, and by way of theory put into practice, they found which crystals worked well with certain situations.

Just like we know which mushrooms are poison because someone along the way tried them, or watched an animal eat it.

Just like we know people that eat more tomato are less likely to get colon cancer. We watched a large segment of the population who does or doesn't use tomato in their diet and to what degree, over a certain period of time, and based a scientific answer to our inquiring minds. ( and that took well less than 100 years, let alone thousands )

So it's possible that old civilizations that have been around for thousands of years might pick up a thing or two that us infants ( because in the grand scheme of things we are ) haven't totally figured out yet.

I say if someone has already done the work over thousands of years figuring out this stuff for you, just enjoy.