Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-07-2021, 01:05 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
I get the capsules, didn’t know it came in bulk powder form, but will look for that now. I will definitely look for Relora too! Thank you so much for all this useful information!

You're welcome. I order it from amazon, from BulkSupplment.com. He can take another Relora capsule if he wakes up in the middle of the night too.
Old 20-07-2021, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
My 18 year old son lives with generalized anxiety disorder, sees a therapist and has tried many different things to sleep more, but we haven’t yet found that one thing that really does it for him. If you have information or suggestions I would be very interested in ‘hearing’ about them!

TIA!

Room darkening thick shades, covering the alarm clock light, using a wave noise machine, taking a sleep aid plus melatonin.
Old 22-07-2021, 10:15 AM
PureEvil760

I once had insomnia and it turned out to be a medication I was taking. I had no problem falling asleep but would keep waking up constantly.

There are sleeping meds you can get prescribed for this and the doctor will keep putting you on stronger and stronger ones until they work. Just make sure nothing else is causing it first.. could be something as simple as caffeine.
Old 22-07-2021, 09:56 PM
Master
There is a pressure point on the wrist, to help with insomnia.

Also, there are homeopathic remedies.

My son sounds similar, anxiety, lack of sleep.

I hope you find a solution.
Old 25-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Administrator
Lavender sleep mist is excellent you just spray it onto your pillows

Namaste
Old 28-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Pathfinder

workout and hot shower
Old 29-07-2021, 11:00 AM
Master

A calm mind helps me to sleep. If I stop the thoughts and relax, just breathe in and out that helps a lot. It can be boring just lying there breathing in and out but I have to try to ignore that.
Old 30-07-2021, 10:39 AM
Newbie ;)

I also have a hard time falling asleep.
It was due to stress and anxiety - both caused by literally nothing! >.>

I finally went to a therapist and they prescribed me Xanax 0.25mg in the am and 0.25mg in the evening. It worked wonders with my anxiety and also helps me sleep.
They also told me to buy Melatonin and to take in the evening (works best after sunset) and it does work. I rarely take melatonin in the evening, mostly when i need a 'boost' of sleepiness.

i also sometimes use earplugs to cancel out noises (i live above a crossroads; it was so nice when we had a curfew because it was quiet, lol) and a sleep eye mask to block out any light. i sleep throughout the night when i use these sleep accessories, which i don't use every night (i should).

Also, reduce caffeine and sugar intake. especially in the afternoon/evening.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:02 AM
Knower

Watching boring movies or B-movies surely makes me fall asleep. I just make sure that I keep my phone far away the moment I feel it.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Seeker
I find that relaxing white noise really helps me sleep.

My personal favourite is electric fan white noise, which I find especially soothing. There’s a particular video of it which I play on YouTube sometimes in bed, I first tried it about a year ago, and since then I find that it’s greatly improved the quality of sleep I can get.