Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
This roughly translates to degrees of truth Hinduism also talks about.
1. Aadhi-bhautik --> Physical mundane truth
2. Aadhi-daivik --> Ethical having to do with right wrong truth untruth (which are moral orders propounded and practiced by greater spiritual beings)
3. Aadhyatmic --> Having to do with Spirit (Spiritual truth like God is everywhere , spirit is eternal etc) .
Integrating all 3 above together is oneness/wholeness/brahman/ultimate reality-aka the eternal, infinite and unchanging right here and right now.
Old 24-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I read the statement and of course had no idea what it meant
This is good - stay with the not knowing .... i.e. leave the truthfulness of the statement as an open and empty questionmark ...

..... instead of outright judging/rejecting (i.e. pretending to know) the statement to be vaccuous and ludicrous and not truthful..

Quote:
To know that you do not know is the best.
To think you know when you do not is a dis-ease.
Recognizing this dis-ease as a dis-ease is to be free of it.”
― Lao Tzu

Ooooor in other words "The-Teapot-of-Truth" can only be poured into an empty cup:
https://www.noteworthy-collectibles....a-pot-of-truth

Old 24-10-2020, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
This is good - stay with the not knowing .... i.e. leave the truthfulness of the statement as an open and empty questionmark ...

..... instead of outright judging/rejecting (i.e. pretending to know) the statement to be vaccuous and ludicrous and not truthful..

Oh I know an empty statement when I see one, and I'm not fooled by wise old wise old spiritual vacuums.

Quote:
Ooooor in other words "The-Teapot-of-Truth" can only be poured into an empty cup:
https://www.noteworthy-collectibles....a-pot-of-truth

Oh Leunig's great!
Old 24-10-2020, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Oh I know an empty statement when I see one, and I'm not fooled by wise old wise old spiritual vacuums.

Practicing *not knowing* as *skilful means*…..

There is an art to making one’s mind a vacant – open - questioning - vacuum ......

Old 25-10-2020, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Practicing *not knowing* as *skilful means*…..

There is an art to making one’s mind a vacant – open - questioning - vacuum ......

' Practicing *not knowing* as *skilful means* '

Or ' Right View ' . I personally think not knowing is freedom from views.
Old 25-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Practicing *not knowing* as *skilful means* '

Or ' Right View ' . I personally think not knowing is freedom from views.
Not knowing is freedom from making conclusions based on our conditioned memories/past.

The same is true for not doing/being the non-doer. The point is to know, not know or to do or not do something while we are fully conscious in/of the eternal and infinite right here and right now. Another point is do not feel prideful towards yourself or others socially and egotistically for being a know it all. This takes us to wanting us to be a follower or a leader, we all should be in the middle of follower and leader. Unconditional love does not want to either follow or lead anyone or have a reason/benefit too.
Old 25-10-2020, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Not knowing is freedom from making conclusions based on our conditioned memories/past.

The same is true for not doing/being the non-doer. The point is to know, not know or to do or not do something while we are fully conscious in/of the eternal and infinite right here and right now. Another point is do not feel prideful towards yourself or others socially and egotistically for being a know it all. This takes us to wanting us to be a follower or a leader, we all should be in the middle of follower and leader. Unconditional love does not want to either follow or lead anyone or have a reason/benefit too.

Not knowing in Buddhism is not being attached to one's personal views but to be open to all possibilities. Knowing comes from personal experiences.
Old 26-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

What difference does it make what our mind's are if we are wholly free of their influence?
Old 26-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
What difference does it make what our mind's are if we are wholly free of their influence?
Because to know – is not to know ….

There is a relationship between an intent to know the truth (about something) and entering into an open, empty, clean slate of mind “freedom from views” not-knowing state of what that truth irl actually is.

In that way you create a gap, an empty vacuum between the question and the answer.
Formulating the question > entering into not knowing > letting go of the question > letting reality demonstrate the answer if and when it will.

But if we pretend to already know what the mind – free from (local/relative/conventional) mind’s influences is – we have already effectively blocked the answer.

It takes some courage to be open to all possibilities …

Something like that.
Old 26-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Master
This dialogue highlights the difficulty of discussing such things in words.