Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Master
Dreamt I got bombed :o

God knows how I got there, but I was in a big building like an aircraft hangar and someone called my attention to some bombers that were flying overhead. I witnessed one drop a bomb on Manchester United's football ground, which was situated a few hundred yards away, and destroy one of the stands (this actually happened in real life, during WW2), and then they started bombing the hangar.

I ran to the back of the building and took cover in a recess, narrowly avoiding injury; everyone else was injured or dead, and I saw a blonde woman (no idea who she was, seemed like a random stranger) fall into a hatch at the front of the building; I went over to the hatch and discovered that there was a hundred-foot drop to an expanse of water. Seeing as I was the only survivor, I felt obliged to jump in and save the woman, but it looked like a long way down and I was afraid to jump (there were also some wooden beams in the water and I was wary of hitting one). I can't remember what happened after that but I don't think I jumped, though I think the woman was saved one way or another.

Um so yeah, that's it. Weird and unsettling, not really sure what to make of it!
Old 26-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Master
this brings your attention to something from the past which you know as
being historically accurate. there is a cataclysmic event which leaves you
alone unscathed. all are dead or injured except you... and an unknown
woman. you determine that it is too dangerous to follow her, though you
feel drawn to, and you somehow sense her as reaching safety.
all others but you were dead or incapacitated, which seems to imply that
the 'random stranger' woman is another version of yourself... split off
during that attack upon your position. this could represent an alternate
lifestream which embodies your spiritual identity, which may account for
how you [mysteriously] sense her having survived. for you to dream of
such a thing may be a cue for you to 'reach out' and incorporate this
other branch of yourself into a single awareness.
Old 27-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
this brings your attention to something from the past which you know as
being historically accurate. there is a cataclysmic event which leaves you
alone unscathed. all are dead or injured except you... and an unknown
woman. you determine that it is too dangerous to follow her, though you
feel drawn to, and you somehow sense her as reaching safety.
all others but you were dead or incapacitated, which seems to imply that
the 'random stranger' woman is another version of yourself... split off
during that attack upon your position. this could represent an alternate
lifestream which embodies your spiritual identity, which may account for
how you [mysteriously] sense her having survived. for you to dream of
such a thing may be a cue for you to 'reach out' and incorporate this
other branch of yourself into a single awareness.
Interesting interpretation, thanks for the input :) Yeah, the woman... it's weird, because while I didn't recognise her I felt like I knew her somehow. It was a very vague inkling, though, perhaps you're right that she represents an aspect of myself that's still a little unfamiliar to me. I think my overriding feeling when she fell in was, 'Oh excellent, I suppose it's up to me to save you now, silly woman! I mean Jesus look at the state of that drop, I'm going to kill myself!' (oh I'm quite the selfless humanitarian!). Had the definite feeling of a grudging obligation, I felt like I had to do it or else I'd look bad. Partly I think it was about taking a leap of faith, though, which is something that's been on my mind quite a lot recently - bit disconcerting that I don't think I took the plunge, though it seemed to work out all right in the end so maybe there's a message in there. It's funny because I don't remember feeling afraid when the bombs were raining down, it's only when I looked into the murky depths that I took fright (ah, thought's just come to me that perhaps the water represents my subconscious mind).
Old 27-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Master
there was really no one else around to make you feel obliged to rescue the
woman, for appearances sake, except for yourself... so that feeling of a need
to do a rescue come solely from within (alerting self-judgments).
Old 28-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
there was really no one else around to make you feel obliged to rescue the
woman, for appearances sake, except for yourself... so that feeling of a need
to do a rescue come solely from within (alerting self-judgments).
Very true in one sense, and self-judgment is something that's been on my mind quite a lot recently, it's always been an issue for me. In another sense many of the judgments have come from without, because I've taken on board the judgments of others (various male authority figures, in the main), but ultimately I don't think it particularly matters where they're coming from - I think the bottom line is, is there any merit to this judgment, or is it the voice of guilt/shame/self-hatred?

(My concern in the dream was that whilst there was no-one in the vicinity, at some point it would come out that I was the sole survivor and that I'd just let the woman perish out of sheer cowardice. It didn't seem to occur to me at any point that I had a legitimate cause for concern, my belief was that I had to jeopardise my own welfare in order to spare another - in truth because I didn't want to look bad, so my motives weren't pure anyway.)
Old 28-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
The thing about dreams is they are not always what they seem. You are relating to the woman as someone outside yourself whom you didn't save for certain reasons. This is always a possibility, that there is some person in your world who needs your help that you are neglecting but it is also possible that the woman represents an aspect of yourself. The female traits. We all have both. It could be your nurturing side or it could be pointed towards your emotions.

Bombs being dropped on us is usually an indication of some sort of disruption in our world. something that shakes us up to the point of destroying what we know. As an example I started to have dreams of bombs the year before I lost my job. At first I just heard about a series of well time explosions that were being set to go off. I believe they correlated to the big company announcements that preceded the final act of being laid off. Right before that happened I had a dream of being in the middle of an explosion and actually dying waking up to a gray world. The loss of the job did in a sense blow up the world I knew and sent me deeper into my depression. So the bombs were merely catalyst events that were shaking up my world.

The planes flying over head is an interesting symbol. Planes are usually symbolic of high ideals and lofty goals. Though it sounds like these were bomber jets so it could be be word bombs that people drop on you that shake you up for some reason. Possibly you have people in your life who say cruel things out of the blue that just floor you. People can say some hurtful things sometimes. When this happens you have a tendency to want to run and hide from them to protect yourself because from an emotional perspective your emotions crash hard. You fall into a very deep hole emotionally when shocking things happens so it is better to rationalize reasons to not face your emotions than to get hurt by them by going in after them. But not confronting them can cause our brain to conjur up other problems like feeling guilty and ashamed.

Basically life triggers all of us and most of us have been taught to ignore our upset. Tough it out, don't let it bother us, be strong. You mention the idea of the woman jumping in as being silly. Maybe you were taught growing up that emotions are silly trivial things but underneath there is a very good reason. Subconsciously they are a threat to your life. They are a threat because our emotions trigger fight and flight and that makes us feel like our life is in physical jeopardy when it is just an emotional response but many people avoid emotions because of how life and death they can make us feel. But by not confronting our upset the emotions tend to swirl in us into confusing thoughts feelings that get misdirected into the wrong channels like guilt and shame.

But the good news is, despite your early learning to disregard the emotional side you have taken a leap of faith and jumped into your emotions regardless of the possible consequence of death and therefore your emotional side has been saved. You can't be a whole healthy person without all your sides. You aren't clear yet on exactly what you are doing to save yourself but keep doing it because it is working. Your history suggests that you spent most of your life trying to disown your emotions running and hiding from outside attacks but you are now ready to jump into your true feelings so they can be healed. Ideally try to watch when you feel triggered to decipher what is being triggered in you. Instead of trying to rush past how badly you feel from something someone said try to confront what they brought up in you. Odds are some untruths are there that need to be shifted. Having a harsh critical upbringing can create a lost sense of worth and value. But feeling those beliefs hurts like heck so we try to avoid feeling the pain of low self worth. But all of us are worthy no matter what our skills or talents. We are all special in our own right but the only way to know that is to confront the lies we took on from other misguided people who knew not what they were doing when they taught us to hate ourselves.

In any event, I see this as good progress for you. Despite being taught to avoid your emotions you are starting to learn to work with them and are healing. It may not feel like it but you are.