Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 31-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Master
Dreamt I was about to be besieged by an entire platoon

As with the other dream I had recently, I was being militarily targeted. I was in a small brick building, like a storehouse maybe, that was located at the top of a snowy hill. There were two other men with me, though I was only peripherally aware of them and I didn't know who they were, I couldn't see their faces; they were engaged in some sort of activity but I didn't know what. I knew an army was coming and I tried to figure out a way to wipe out the whole battalion, though I knew we were hopelessly outnumbered and that there was no escape; eventually I surrendered to the fact that I was going to be killed.

But, as with the other dream, somehow the situation resolved itself and I was spared. I don't know how, but the next thing I knew I was outside in the snow, feeling at peace. It seems that the army was a figment of my imagination, because it never materialised.
Old 31-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Could be an indication of an inner war going out on and feeling threatened by it. You may resort to old tactics when your inner war starts by suppressing your feelings which could be indicated by feeling peaceful in the snow. Suppression and denial do work but unfortunately the issue is bound to reoccur when we get triggered again. In the end though you are aware that it is only in your mind this war and not a real threat. But our brains can sure treat it like one that is for sure
Old 31-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Ascender
Gosh you do have some heavy going dreams AWhB. Think I would be exhausted waking up after those.

I can not interpret dreams- but I can see your higher self jumping up and down going “dude, I just spelled this one out for you” and I would listen up because he has a tattoo gun, now and a template all written out on a forehead shaped piece of paper (gosh why have I not worked out where these smileys are hiding)

The problem is sometimes we don’t need the problem pointing out, I think you already knew the big shout out in that dream- why can’t they be so obvious with the answers! Maybe give a few tips on things that will help us. It would be like someone saying to me “you have anxiety, stop it”... I understand anxious thoughts aren’t rational thoughts, I can identify when I have anxiety... but it doesn’t make it feel any less real when it happens... we can’t just choose to stop these things when they happen. Recognition is one thing but knowing where to go from that point is a whole different ball game
Old 31-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Master
Thanks to both of your for your input :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Could be an indication of an inner war going out on and feeling threatened by it. You may resort to old tactics when your inner war starts by suppressing your feelings which could be indicated by feeling peaceful in the snow. Suppression and denial do work but unfortunately the issue is bound to reoccur when we get triggered again. In the end though you are aware that it is only in your mind this war and not a real threat. But our brains can sure treat it like one that is for sure
Definitely an indication of an inner war going on I think, yeah, though the conflict is projected outwards, creating the sense of an outside threat. I think with dreams it's most important to pay attention to the feel of it, and in this case the feelings evoked were helplessness, powerlessness, and despair. In both dreams there was a sense of disorientation when resolution occurred with no apparent action on my part, I'm still not sure what to make of that - don't know if it's a positive or a negative.

The snow I think represents purity, from the outside it looked like an idyllic scene. Your theory about suppression and denial is an interesting one, it was a possibility that occurred to me, though as I say I'd surrendered to the apparent fact that I was going to die so I'm not sure if it's true in this instance.
Old 31-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Gosh you do have some heavy going dreams AWhB. Think I would be exhausted waking up after those.
Believe it or not, I actually look forward to going to sleep and seeing what I dream about! I think I might be having such intense, disturbing dreams because I'm meditating a lot atm (like four hours a day), so I honestly think it's a positive development, it's not something I'm alarmed about :)
Quote:
I can not interpret dreams- but I can see your higher self jumping up and down going “dude, I just spelled this one out for you” and I would listen up because he has a tattoo gun, now and a template all written out on a forehead shaped piece of paper (gosh why have I not worked out where these smileys are hiding)

The problem is sometimes we don’t need the problem pointing out, I think you already knew the big shout out in that dream- why can’t they be so obvious with the answers! Maybe give a few tips on things that will help us. It would be like someone saying to me “you have anxiety, stop it”... I understand anxious thoughts aren’t rational thoughts, I can identify when I have anxiety... but it doesn’t make it feel any less real when it happens... we can’t just choose to stop these things when they happen. Recognition is one thing but knowing where to go from that point is a whole different ball game
I imagine my higher self stands with his hands on his hips looking exasperated, most of the time I'm really not surprised that I've been having dreams like this, I've been doing a lot of inner work and I've become acutely conscious of those feelings of powerlessness and despair as a result - though as you say, it's one thing to diagnose the problem and another one to know what to do about it. Ultimately I think it's a question of going deeper into those feelings, not fighting them (I think this was the message in the dream, once I'd surrendered to the idea that I was going to die the threat dissipated), though that can be a hell of a lot easier said than done because we instinctively tend to fight these feelings, attempt to distract ourselves from them, push them away, etc. Things like meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises and journalling are all great for anxiety, I've found :)
Old 31-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Thanks to both of your for your input :)

Definitely an indication of an inner war going on I think, yeah, though the conflict is projected outwards, creating the sense of an outside threat. I think with dreams it's most important to pay attention to the feel of it, and in this case the feelings evoked were helplessness, powerlessness, and despair. In both dreams there was a sense of disorientation when resolution occurred with no apparent action on my part, I'm still not sure what to make of that - don't know if it's a positive or a negative.

The snow I think represents purity, from the outside it looked like an idyllic scene. Your theory about suppression and denial is an interesting one, it was a possibility that occurred to me, though as I say I'd surrendered to the apparent fact that I was going to die so I'm not sure if it's true in this instance.

A lot of time our war within is triggered by outside forces. It feels like it is coming from outside us but if there was no enemy within the enemy outside can do us no harm. Or something like that is the African proverb goes. Go by your instincts on the symbolism of course but in general water is symbolic of emotions and frozen water indicates emotions that are not moving or frozen. It is very quiet and even serene when our emotions lay still much like the world after a huge snow storm. There can be some value in stilling the emotions to weather the storm so to speak but awareness of what we are doing and why we are doing it can help us stop warring with ourselves. But it is a process that works itself out. Sounds like you have a certain amount of awareness about where you struggle and that is good. And like I said, always go with what feels right to you because your inner knowing is what is guiding your dreams in the first place so you always know best. Hugs.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
A lot of time our war within is triggered by outside forces. It feels like it is coming from outside us but if there was no enemy within the enemy outside can do us no harm. Or something like that is the African proverb goes. Go by your instincts on the symbolism of course but in general water is symbolic of emotions and frozen water indicates emotions that are not moving or frozen. It is very quiet and even serene when our emotions lay still much like the world after a huge snow storm. There can be some value in stilling the emotions to weather the storm so to speak but awareness of what we are doing and why we are doing it can help us stop warring with ourselves. But it is a process that works itself out. Sounds like you have a certain amount of awareness about where you struggle and that is good. And like I said, always go with what feels right to you because your inner knowing is what is guiding your dreams in the first place so you always know best. Hugs.
Oh I love the African proverb, so true imo!

Actually I suspect that you may be right as far as goes the presence of the snow, I said I was feeling peace when I was outside but I think it was more like a blankness, numbness; it also fits in with the other dream when I was afraid to jump into the water, and I have definitely noticed in my waking life a fear of feeling strong emotions. It was strange, because in both dreams I was delivered from my fate without knowing how, and it felt oddly anti-climactic, as though I'd ducked out of something I really needed to go through. In the second dream, it ended with me looking at the brick building from a distance, suggesting dissociation perhaps.

Thanks again for the input - hoping you're well, hugs back :)