Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-01-2022, 01:29 PM
asearcher

is there a part of psychopaths, narcissists that wants you to know the truth?

I have known up close particularly 2 people that stand out, one as a psychopath and another as a narcissist.

I have always been good at reading people, my first impression stands, I am not naive in that I can't sense the less good qualities, I see them, I too see a vulnerability, and I chose not to point at it. I am so far from perfect myself so who am I to complain. When I was younger I did not have enough self esteem to trust my own instincts in reading people and learned that the hard way. Since then I listen to it.

I have always been in the habit of seeing little things, that not everyone pay attention to, and for it to not have the importance that I see it as, I sort of see it as crumbs, a give away when the person doing it is not aware that i am taking notice. I never really knew what to do with that, but I would register it, could too be something someone said, i took notice and later on i had guessed right - what it really was about head on and was then ready for it, while others were they said shocked.

I was in a relationship with a man a psychiatrist thought was a psychopath once. He too would give away little crumbs. At first I was confused about it. Did not want it to be true, but the facts spoke for themselves, and in time I saw the whole picture of what was really going on. When I finally confronted him about it (this happened more than once, about something else too entirely) i could in an instant second kind of see him take off his mask (not an actual mask) and there it was - that expression. As if a part of him was relieved that i had caught him, as if he allowed me to see his true self, and in that moment he also looked intelligent, where someone else might have felt ashamed. In that moment too I saw his "evil" face, without his mask. I had to embrace myself, to not let him know how disgusted and frighten I was at the same time. The words he spoke were so cold, and there were times it was not about me, as if that made it more OK.

It was something similar with the narcissist. they both played, play games with people all the time with different agendas, masks on.

i sort of think, but this could be crazy, that there is a part of them that want to show their true self, could i be right or wrong about that? anyone know?

as for the psychopath i think what would have suited him was a partner who was "sleeping" that is not knowing he was a psychopath, that something was off with him like I discovered, someone who could not read people, situations like I could (we were sort of both in the same game, only on opposites end, he was targeting people and I with my empathy tried to protect people), he too I think wanted me to be impressed about his money, he would tell me in stores that he would buy me anything I wanted, but I was only embarrassed by that and didn't want anything. I think someone who would be impressed by money and status they think come with it would be perfect for him. I do think too someone who was more of a "friend" than him having passionate emotions for that someone would not trigger so much the psychopath in him.
So I think in the long run both the psychopath and the narcissist wants people "sleeping", but still that part, though in minority, perhaps longing, to be seen (and loved?) for who they really are?

I know this thread is somewhat bizarre, but only wonder if someone else have had these thoughts and if I could be on to something? I haven't thought about it til now. Could I be on to something?

Last edited by asearcher : 06-01-2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:45 PM
Newbie ;)

This got me thinking so much now. Like I have a million thoughts running in my mind right now.
First I liked how you mentioned I am far from perfect myself so who am I to complain, that actually made me interested to read the whole matter.
Though I didn't quite understand the question you were asking, I personally think psychopaths are people who crave attention to their psycho side. At the same time they don't want to hear bad things about them maybe. So they won't let anyone close to them consciously think about their true nature,if so be offended or feel insecure about it.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:23 PM
asearcher

Thanks Spiritual wave!

The question I was trying to get through is when they do show their real self, when they have no other choice but to reveal their true self, when they have done something bad, and they know that you know what they've been up to, that moment, when cornered. The moment of truth.

Yes, agree insecurity...

Last edited by asearcher : 07-01-2022 at 02:36 PM.