Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Pathfinder
How to deal with aging?

Hi everybody,
We all grow older, every day a little bit more, something that isn't easy to deal with for most of us. Is there a way to look at it that could help us? A way perhaps that helps us accept this process?
Here's a little video that discusses the subject:

https://youtu.be/t9O2DFvPEeU

Last edited by Oscar Frye : 24-07-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

One way is to realize body and mind (and everything else) is within you and not the other way around. You are infinite and body, mind and everything else is finite.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Master
Ageing is terrible. I've began noticing it when I crossed 30. Just the little things, like how stress can just mess you up.

I'm not at all looking forward to getting older. I plan to end it by the time I'm somewhere 50-60 ((this is only MY perspective, and may not apply to most other people!)). For me, no point in being old, alone and miserable.
Old 23-07-2021, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Frye
Hi everybody,
We all grow older, every day a little bit more, something that isn't easy to deal with for most of us. Is there a way to look at it that could help us? A way perhaps that helps us accept this process?

Absolutely. Just think of it like this. As each day passes you move closer and closer to death. Soon (maybe even today in this crazy world) you won't be able to use your body. You won't have a body.
Old 23-07-2021, 07:29 PM
Master

Ageing is not all bad (I'm now in my 60s). Yes, there are occasional aches and pains for no apparent reason, a few wrinkles, and my hair is now grey (but at least I still have hair!).

And in my younger days I was quite naturally flexible but now I have to do yoga at least twice a week to maintain my current level of flexibility. And I can no longer sit comfortably in the half-lotus in meditation for an hour or more. So it means taking various supplements for my joints.

But these are all physical issues. There are some benefits to growing older, and these benefits may come from spiritual practices or just life experience in general. Greater self-acceptance, less concern with our image or what others think, maybe we take ourselves less seriously, a certain detachment from the ups and downs of life, the joys of being retired and having the leisure to pursue our interests.

So it is not all bad. And we can use our old age to prepare ourselves for dying. Death is no longer something which may happen in fifty years time. We see friends and family dying and we know that our turn is coming. And as our remaining time on Earth shrinks, so we can take more pleasure in simply being alive while still having faith that physical death will be the start of a new exciting adventure.

Peace
Old 23-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Master
Be happy with life and in life and with yourself.
There is NO reason whatsoever why we should age and die a certain age, except for limiting beliefs we die a certain age and we start to look older as we age, stress & anxiety, input that isn't healthy (smoking, alcohol, bad lifestyle and eating/drinking habits).
When you're happy, stress free, no toxic thoughts or intake you don't age and don't die a certain age. Your telomeres don't shorten.
Even if they already have shortened a bit, by doing the above they can recover. There is not final situation, it's not a status quo.
It's not for nothing that happy people tend to look younger and have less health issues.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:21 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
One way is to realize body and mind (and everything else) is within you and not the other way around. You are infinite and body, mind and everything else is finite.

Hi JustASimpleGuy,
Nice point of view. Thanks.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ageing is terrible. I've began noticing it when I crossed 30. Just the little things, like how stress can just mess you up.

I'm not at all looking forward to getting older. I plan to end it by the time I'm somewhere 50-60 ((this is only MY perspective, and may not apply to most other people!)). For me, no point in being old, alone and miserable.

Hi Altair,
Yes, 'aging is for tough guys' (Paul Newman).
... but trying to fight it ain't the way either,
better accept the reality of it, and know that you'll be back.
Blessings.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ageing is not all bad (I'm now in my 60s). Yes, there are occasional aches and pains for no apparent reason, a few wrinkles, and my hair is now grey (but at least I still have hair!).

And in my younger days I was quite naturally flexible but now I have to do yoga at least twice a week to maintain my current level of flexibility...
Hi iamthat,
Beautiful statement.
Agree 100%

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Admin has asked 2-3 sentences when quoting others
Old 23-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Be happy with life and in life and with yourself.
There is NO reason whatsoever why we should age and die a certain age, except for limiting beliefs we die a certain age and we start to look older as we age, stress & anxiety, input that isn't healthy (smoking, alcohol, bad lifestyle and eating/drinking habits).
When you're happy, stress free, no toxic thoughts or intake you don't age and don't die a certain age. Your telomeres don't shorten...

Hi FairyCrustal,
Happy is he way !