Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvedlines
Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated and grateful.
Isn't personal awakening the same as spiritual awakening?

I see personal awakening as a deeper aspect of spiritual awakening.

Our general view of spiritual awakening is that we become aware of the greater reality. Personal awakening refines that perspective and gets very specific about your individual greater reality.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-07-2021, 07:03 PM
Master

Oh, as far as the dreams go, you can ask your guides and angels for protection while you sleep. Could be you are being messed with. Could also be that you are doing a lot of astral traveling while you sleep. I don't have a clue, but extra protection can't hurt. I also ask Arch Angel Michael to stand in doorways and protect windows in my house. It gives me peace and comfort. A strange thing about the other side - we have all this help, you can ask whomever you want to help you, but if you don't ask, they can't help. Because we all have free will.
Old 25-07-2021, 01:41 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Your #3 is being an empath. It is very difficult to be an empath. I have been one my entire life, and am still learning how not to absorb others energies.

So maybe you can get to the point of blending these two things: being totally cut off from sensation, and being totally open to everyone elses energies.

#1 on your list is telepathy.

So you went within, and found some. Now you need to learn how to use them.
I also wonder if this is what some people call a kundalini awakening? Which seems to go hand in hand with meditation at a certain point. Since you are a meditator, probably a lot of these concepts you have come across before.

Many many thanks for the resources and links.
Yes, I've heard of Abraham Hicks and watched his videos. I'll take this as a reminder to go back and rewatch.

I've run away from the word empath for a long long time as it brings back memories of really struggling emotionally in childhood.
I've possibly blocked or shut down many parts of me while growing up to avoid mental illness. I was a very sensitive, very open child. Not a great quality to have when the societal norm(then and now) was a sort of casual unkindness.

I don't know about kundalini awakening. I am a deeply skeptical person at heart, despite being an astrologer and practicing divination. Maybe I have to come to terms with my innate skepticism too.

These days, It does feel like the boundary that I put up over the past 20 odd years between me and the world has dissolved. I'll look into spirit guidance and archangel protection.

Thanks once again.
Old 25-07-2021, 01:47 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I see personal awakening as a deeper aspect of spiritual awakening.

Our general view of spiritual awakening is that we become aware of the greater reality. Personal awakening refines that perspective and gets very specific about your individual greater reality.

John

Thanks! Very insightful and illuminating.
Does personal awakening means realization that the self is the observer and the observed?
Old 25-07-2021, 01:57 AM
Master
Hello curved lines! Welcome to SF!

Let’s make the curved lines straight! By inner alignment. Head surrendering to heart.

In as far as it appears, all is being enabled, automatically, as it always is. Analysis is paralysis. Just be. Drop fear and judgments or rephrased we may say, get out of our own way.

All the best!
Old 25-07-2021, 02:28 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Hello curved lines! Welcome to SF!

Let’s make the curved lines straight! By inner alignment. Head surrendering to heart.

In as far as it appears, all is being enabled, automatically, as it always is. Analysis is paralysis. Just be. Drop fear and judgments or rephrased we may say, get out of our own way.

All the best!

Thank you for welcoming me.

Are you suggesting I stop asking questions in my thread?

It brings another interesting (to me) question : as a part of this material/physical reality, and because we need basic physical needs met (food, shelter, clothing etc) can we truly surrender all judgement and accept everything as it is?
Old 25-07-2021, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for welcoming me. Are you suggesting I stop asking questions in my thread?

It brings another interesting (to me) question : as a part of this material/physical reality, and because we need basic physical needs met (food, shelter, clothing etc) can we truly surrender all judgement and accept everything as it is?

No-no-no! I didn’t mean stop questioning. Mind will ask, that’s natural. But acceptance & trust sheds resistance.

As for judgment, as in judging ‘others’, that contracts us and strengthens feeling of separation.

Fears, desires, both rooted in attachment, lead to stagnation.
Old 25-07-2021, 03:44 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

No-no-no! I didn’t mean stop questioning. Mind will ask, that’s natural. But acceptance & trust sheds resistance.

As for judgment, as in judging ‘others’, that contracts us and strengthens feeling of separation.

Fears, desires, both rooted in attachment, lead to stagnation.

Thank you very much for clarifying your thoughts.I'm very grateful.

I have a long way to go to reach the state or level that you're referring to.

I'm still in the process of reconciling my perspective on physical 3D world and my perspective on the non-physical energetic world. In my view, as long as we are in human form on this earth, we are subject to its laws. And each of us has our soul lessons and karma's to fulfill.
In which case, judgement, fear, desires are evolutionary necessary and possibly essential to fulfill my karma. As long as I live on this earth in a human form, my path to the ultimate source/divinity/God is different from that of another human, is it not?

What I struggle with now is that the feeling of separateness that I had earlier, has dissolved, as an indirect effect of my spiritual practice. That feeling of separateness is what kept me emotionally and mentally healthy.

Now, with boundaries dissolving; the danger is I'm once again open to energies that may or may not be for my highest good.

That's the problem I'm facing. How to stay in the state of one-ness and protect myself at the same time? Because protecting myself would imply that I'm separate from others.

Edited To Add:

I realised what you are possibly referring to in your response is the act of being judgemental. If this is the case, I agree with you! Being judgemental contracts and increases the feeling of separation.
Old 25-07-2021, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
How to stay in the state of one-ness and protect myself at the same time? Because protecting myself would imply that I'm separate from others.

Staying permanently in the state of oneness would be Turiya or rather Turiyatita, as of what scriptures say. For lesser mortals, I’d advocate a continuum of mindfulness, moment to moment. We negate nothing, yet cling to nothing either. Slowly, what happens is that mindfulness becomes our default orientation, all time meditation, if you will.

This is not to say that we don’t slump into stupor, into an ambedo trance but we spring back soon enough.

One ‘trick’ I can suggest is that we look at duality or our choice of bondage with astonishment, meaning, we are not this but yet that’s our state! This ‘practice’ makes light of ego urges, of mind-body desire & aversion. We can laugh at ourself, so to speak. We break free.

As for being an empath, recognise vibrations as they appear but do not become a doer by modulating them. Reworded, it’s like a rainbow … don’t get attached to any one colour. Good … bad … what’s it but a pendulum swaying left to right to left …
Old 25-07-2021, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks! Very insightful and illuminating.
Does personal awakening means realization that the self is the observer and the observed?

My point of view is that by reflecting on our experiences we receive deeper insights on them. I do not see them as observer/observed exactly. More like how they felt and looking for greater wisdom from them.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/