Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-02-2021, 11:47 AM
Book1 Many have seen God's face

Note: Go to page 20 post 193, the last page at the moment, to continue on with David's same topic.
I meant for his to be first ---but the merging threads instructions did say
it does it in chronological order, sorry.
Oh well.

Always good to go to 'Search this thread' to see if there is already the same topic.

This limitation that we can not see God's face that has been placed in people's minds, is just not correct.
But as long as it is believed it probably will not happen...so will prove true to that person.
Here:

*And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved -Gen 32:30.

*And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God -Ex 3:6

*So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend -Ex 33:11

*But since there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face -Deur 34:10

*In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, sitting on a throne,
high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple -Is 6:1

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2021, 02:27 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This limitation that we can not see God's face that has been placed in people's minds, is just not correct.

I can understand why you feel the way you do, because Jehovah God's word doesn't lie. and I can tell that you truly believe in God's words from the Bible. but here's what Jesus had said...(John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him).

Jehovah God ,(Exo.6:3) said this concerning himself ,(Gen.33:17-23 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.” And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.” Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen”).

allow me to explain these verses that you post, (Gen.32:30), Jacob, verse 24 says ("Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day"). the ALMIGHTY God Jehovah had NEVER made himself a man. this "MAN" that Jacob actually wrestled with was an Angel SENT to represent God.

concerning Moses, here at (Exo.3:6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God). this NEVER said Moses seen God's face did? and here at (Exo.33:11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend). understand the term used "FACE TO FACE", doesn't always mean one is actually looking at the others Literal Face. NOICE the definitions here...1 : within each other's sight or presence met and talked face-to-face a face-to-face consultation. 2 : in or into direct contact or confrontation came face-to-face with the problem.

again, here at (Isa. 6:1) ,Isaiah NEVER mentioned seeing Jehovah God's face. he was given a vision of the "Lord" sitting on the throne in Heaven. so these faithful men, from the verses you post. didn't actually see Jehovah God's face. you seen from Jesus and his Father's words ,NO MAN can see God's face and live. Moses was in the "PRESENCE" of God. Definition again...(1. the state or fact of being present. 2. the immediate proximity of a person or thing). Moses felt the Presence of God, though Jehovah didn't actually walk on Earth. but by means of his Holy Spirit, Moses felt him there.

I hope this explained why we know from scriptures that NO man except for Jesus could say...I have seen the actual Face of God. peace
Old 16-02-2021, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But as long as it is believed it probably will not happen...so will prove true to that person.
Here:

*And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved -Gen 32:30.

*And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God -Ex 3:6

*So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend -Ex 33:11

*But since there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face -Deur 34:10

*In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, sitting on a throne,
high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple -Is 6:1
But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.”
Exodus 33:20.

There seem to be contradictions.

He is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15).

According to the Old Testament God appeared to certain people in a physical form, was this form the essence of God or just a physical representation. People do see Spirit's so if someone says they have seen God then in my personal opinion, they have..
Old 16-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

According to the Old Testament God appeared to certain people in a physical form, was this form the essence of God or just a physical representation. People do see Spirit's so if someone says they have seen God then in my personal opinion, they have..

I think you are unto something, I think all those who have seen God face have seen a manifestation of God, a vision of God, a representation of God. In my opinion, it's the same thing, except that you don't see God's truest form ( I don't think God has a true form ) but one of many.

I've read many NDE and people have seen God either as a Light or sometimes having the form of a human being, which many identify with Jesus, the Christ.

I myself saw what I call the "Inner Sun", to me that was the closest I ever got to God from a human perspective, a ball of golden white Light that was emanating Light from itself and it was not bad to the eyes, in fact, it was warm and peaceful. I've been asking to see it again...
Old 16-02-2021, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think you are unto something, I think all those who have seen God face have seen a manifestation of God, a vision of God, a representation of God. In my opinion, it's the same thing, except that you don't see God's truest form ( I don't think God has a true form ) but one of many.

I've read many NDE and people have seen God either as a Light or sometimes having the form of a human being, which many identify with Jesus, the Christ.

I myself saw what I call the "Inner Sun", to me that was the closest I ever got to God from a human perspective, a ball of golden white Light that was emanating Light from itself and it was not bad to the eyes, in fact, it was warm and peaceful. I've been asking to see it again...

Seen through the Divine rather than the Human Spirit....
Old 16-02-2021, 05:06 PM
So jojo50 - basically you're saying they were liars in the OT.
Ok.
I'd rather think that Jesus said something - his meaning was not understood by the listeners ....and decades later
was remembered as best as it could, written down as still their interpretation.
Jesus said himself -There are many things I want to tell you, but you can not bear (grasp) them yet (or now). In John at the last supper.

He said so many things that were not understood as he meant them, no?
And things left out understandably.
How long must I suffer you ...frustrated at how little his disciples 'got'...coming down from
his 'Transfiguration' into pure light.

(I'm not here to change your mind, really ---that's all I got, anyway.)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

According to the Old Testament God appeared to certain people in a physical form, was this form the essence of God
or just a physical representation. People do see Spirit's so if someone says they have seen God then in my personal opinion, they have..
I know, right? So we can chose what we personally want to, I guess...
from all the contradictions...I know which ones I chose.

Ha, And yet Jacob lived ---he saw God with his Inner Eye, 'If thine eye be single...' in Luke ...not the external eyeballs.
Maybe I should have mentioned that?

Old 16-02-2021, 05:39 PM
Master
If one says God has a face, then how tall is his body?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-02-2021, 05:40 PM
Master
Which leads to the next question, if God has a body that looks like a human, where does he live?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-02-2021, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Which leads to the next question, if God has a body that looks like a human, where does he live?
Body? Like a meat suit with bones inside?
Jesus told us where He dwells.