Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-07-2021, 03:38 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
A man that thinkith not is a state of the otherness when the mind is still and the self has vanished. I am just stating what J. Krishnamurti said. Living is dying, he said.
I read the heck out of his book "The Awakening of Intelligence." Had good and bad experiences from that. Some trippy experiences as well. By myself and with others.

Now days I would not say the self vanishes. The self is polished, woken up, born again. We are always present. As what is the question. The self does not disappear or vanish, the self discards or sheds what is not needed.
Old 16-07-2021, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Now days I would not say the self vanishes. The self is polished, woken up, born again. We are always present. As what is the question. The self does not disappear or vanish, the self discards or sheds what is not needed.

In his Notebook and Journal, there were some entries that recorded lucid moments of the selfless state. The descriptions were quite compelling.

The self cannot discard anything. It's the consciousness that discards what is not needed, and it is then that time and space disappears.

Eternity is timelessness. "Can you live that way? Please give your heart to find out." Krishnamurti implored.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:05 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Do you know any living enlightenened buddhist teacher, who gives public teachings or talks ?
It is my understanding that every Theravadan teacher has at least attained 2nd or 3d path before starting to really teach on a regular basis. This means that they at least know the territory one may find him or herself in when following the steps as the buddha explained them in the pali canon.

Depending on where you are on this earth there may be a few meditation center's or even monasteries that you could check out. As always some discernment is needed if you want to study with a teacher.
Different teachers utilize very different methods, even after enlightenment it seems.
Old 14-08-2021, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Do you know any living enlightenened buddhist teacher, who gives public teachings or talks ?

A wise sage was once asked if there were any enlightened beings. His response was: "There is One".
Old 14-08-2021, 02:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
A wise sage was once asked if there were any enlightened beings. His response was: "There is One".

Another enlightened (!! ) master once said that strictly speaking there are no enlightened people, just enlightened activity.
Old 14-08-2021, 03:05 PM
Eelco

A young apprentice once asked. Oh wise people on the forums. Do you have any recommendations to share as to whome I should place my trust as a teacher?
Old 14-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
A young apprentice once asked.

Young? Obviously not me..........
Old 14-08-2021, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Young? Obviously not me..........

With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.
Old 14-08-2021, 03:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.

Thanks for the tip.

Old 14-08-2021, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Thanks for the tip.

Pass it on