Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Why is it said this life (here) is a gift? What do u think?

We have heard it over and over what a gift this Life is; how precious it is?
Right? Why do you think it is?
It can't be the Sunsets, they come and go. Can't be the gorgeous Ocean beaches - they get ruined all the time.
Can't be the fresh air or fragrance of flowers? We know how they disappear?
People? Well, how much conflict and disappointment do you have?
Any good ones end up dying!
(Of course, there's plenty to enjoy...but a gift? precious?)

So... why is it precious? I'm not as cynical as I sound...
I have my reasons why it is...and can say later.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2021, 05:15 PM
Master

gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It can't be the Sunsets, they come and go.
My brief understanding is because its given,powered and sustained by its given lovingly .
It enables us to prove our mettle and then finally be one with One.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 14-06-2021 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Old 14-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
My brief understanding is because its given,powered and sustained by its given lovingly .
It enables us to prove our mettle and then finally be one with One.
Great, thank you. You don't have to say ...but what do you mean prove ur mettle ...what I mean is-- to whom?
And how would you do that?
My thought is you might mean: show how loving you can be in the face of conflict?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2021, 05:38 PM
Master

proving mettle

Quote:
Great, thank you. You don't have to say ...but what do you mean prove ur mettle ...what I mean is-- to whom?
And how would you do that?
My thought is you might mean: show how loving you can be in the face of conflict?

This world and life is full of challenges/opportunities . Proving mettle only to self and not to the world for a show off . God also may want to know how much his son/daughter really understand Him. And that's only through our action that we may be judged (on judgment day and hope nobody objects to judgement by God on judgment day )

That's my quick take on why it is a precious gift . There can be many things why this life is a wonderful gift . No words can fully describe it.
Old 14-06-2021, 08:21 PM
Master

Without this earthly organic situation, spiritual mankind could not create children, of their own, in their own likness.
Think of the joy that parents CAN have in creating & raising their children, also the joy that the children CAN have via being lovingly raised by their parents.

The above can not be accomplished without the organic Earth life.

& so, this life is a gift to all persons.

The Almighty could have designed & created the first parents & placed them in the spiritual heavens, though they couldn't create children in their very own likeness, without the cross linking of the two parents earthly dna.
Because in Spirit, the spiritual bodies of spiritual mankind, do not have the ability to create offspring IN their own essence/likeness. As they have no way of cross linking their likeness, personalities.

And so this life is essential & a lovely gift to us all
Old 14-06-2021, 08:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Right? Why do you think it is?

Presumably this is asking why is birth in a physical human form regarded as so special? We can only answer according to our particular beliefs about what it means to be human.

My own belief is that human incarnation is an expression of Soul purpose. There are lessons to be learned from dealing with the limitations of the human body / human emotions / human mind in a very dense environment. The eventual intention is that the human being becomes a clear expression of Soul purpose without distortion. This later stage of human development is accompanied by a series of spiritual initiations which can only take place in human form. Subsequent spiritual initiations do not require physical incarnation.

No doubt others will have different beliefs.

Peace
Old 14-06-2021, 09:06 PM
I wanna thank you guys so far that have posted.
I really love hearing diff perspectives!!!

Old 14-06-2021, 10:08 PM
Master

Quote:

So... why is it precious? I'm not as cynical as I sound...
I have my reasons why it is...and can say later.

Miss Hepburn,

A riddle for us...:) Like any gift it has to be unwrapped and opened. How precious can it be ? It is precious because it is unique....one of a kind. You might say it could be like the pearl of great value. And perhaps that pearl when you discover it is your true self. And just to think that God wanted you to have that......it can be a little overwhelming...
Old 14-06-2021, 10:25 PM
Master

Addendum: Psalm 139:14……” I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
Old 15-06-2021, 12:31 AM
Master
Life on this planet is not gifted to us, we have to apply and make the grade.