Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-07-2021, 03:12 PM
Master

Non-duality in laymen terms is one-ness principle . So if one claims 'All is one and ...." , he believes one-ness principle by default . The same questions which have come here are valid against one-ness principle also . It may mean such questions are not really answered or addressed .
Old 12-07-2021, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Non-duality... ....
... addressed .
And how do you feel about this oneness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Duality is the...
.. only fundamental quality anything has is Isness.
How do you feel about this Isness?

-
@Hitesh
And
@Greenslade

I am forever looking for an exit, but there is none. The greatest of teachers fail utterly miserably to integrate it. And those that seemed to have embraced it, and integrated the oneness, remind everyone that there is no escape. We are all forever eternally and infinitely stuck in eternal being and becoming. And forever the only one, who is responsible for all of infinite existence.
All that happens to us and around us is forever our own doing. And we are responsible for our eternal existence in an infinite creation, that has already proven that it can get very bad and wrong and agonizing and despairing. Every salvation will merely be a temporary relief from the eternal ever expanding suffering that is infinite and eternal and ever expanding in being and becoming. That we are free to not create in our own experience and creation and being, and also free to create it. Forever. Eternally. That never ends... That ability to create our own suffering never ends. How do you feel about that... Realisation... That you are God.

Does that make you feel like, "oh nice, I can create my own suffering. Guess I am powerful..." but dont you wonder, if you will exist for all eternity, dont you wonder?! Will there ever be a time that I will choose it?! Don't you say, "never!" and how long is never? How far does your faith go? And trust and faith in yourself? How long? Really. Billions of years? Trillions? Trillions to the power of trillions? That is nothing in the scope of eternity. Do you really believe that in the scope of eternity and eternal ability to create everlasting suffering, does that feel like a safe bet?

How do you feel about your infinite and eternal here and beingness and isness and oneness. As all is one and one is all. How do you feel about that? That it has all always been you and no one and nothing else but you.

How do you feel about that?

Because I have always wanted to find someone who knows about it. Just so that I can ask them. How do you feel about it? Oneness. Forever all is oneness. Forever all one. Al one. Alone. Forever alone. You you and you. Responsible for every single thing that exists. Forever.

Even if you are experiencing not being responsible, you created that experience according to this eternal unchanging law of the highest factual order of absolute beingness and existence. Undeniable to eternity and infinity. Then if you feel like you don't know what you are doing, in even 1 nanosecond of creation, how do you feel about an eternity that you cannot escape from, that has already been tainted by something lesser than its absolute being. How does that make you feel to know, that all is one?

What is your perspective of this?
Old 12-07-2021, 08:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
And how do you feel about this oneness?How do you feel about this Isness?-
@Hitesh
And
@Greenslade
I don't have feelings at all about it. It just IS, nothing more than that.
Quote:
I am forever looking for an exit, but there is none. The greatest of teachers fail utterly miserably to integrate it. And those that seemed to have embraced it, and integrated the oneness, remind everyone that there is no escape. We are all forever eternally and infinitely stuck in eternal being and becoming. And forever the only one, who is responsible for all of infinite existence.
What are you trying to escape?
Quote:
Even if you are experiencing not being responsible, you created that experience according to this eternal unchanging law of the highest factual order of absolute beingness and existence. Undeniable to eternity and infinity.
It's not about not being responsible, it's about being more conscious of the unconscious because when you do that you're no longer a slave to it. if anything it's more responsibility because you now have other areas of your awareness to be responsible for. You don't just think "I have beliefs" you know the reasons you have them or not.

Y'see Ewwerrin, Spirituality has it backwards, it's not about escaping it's about embracing. It all goes sideways when someone decides they're a "Spiritual Being on a human Journey," That's when it becomes "something lesser than its absolute being." Spiritual people throw words like 'absolute', 'becoming' and 'eternity' around and they don't really understand that they're caught up in a narrative that they don't want to escape from.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Non-existence, however, does not exist. Literally. By definition, non-existence, Does Not Exist.

Thanks for this thought Ewwerrin. I contemplated it for a while before noticing its ambiguity and paradox. It seems to be self-referencing: non-existence not existing! Does it mean:

1. Things which don't physically exist, like unicorns, only exist in the imagination (conventional meaning).

2. Non-existence itself doesn't exist. Therefore everything exists (paradoxical meaning). So unicorns, which don't appear in my consciousness as physical objects, nevertheless do exist. Also 'impossible' things exist like a 45 degree right angle. By this logic, is non-existence something which must also exist?

This is my strange loopy contemplation. Non-existence, like nothingness, the void, emptiness, are concepts I struggle with, but in a good way
Old 12-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

one-ness as blissful experience

Quote:
Do you really believe that in the scope of eternity and eternal ability to create everlasting suffering, does that feel like a safe bet?
As all is one and one is all.
How do you feel about it? Oneness. ....
One-ness does not cause suffering. It enables blissful ever-increasing conscious existence right in here and right now. Question of bets come in duality .

Oneness though forever works in the dual world and hence there are ample opportunities to have great excitement as well.

This is what i can say my limited experiences .
Old 13-07-2021, 07:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
1. Things which don't physically exist, like unicorns, only exist in the imagination (conventional meaning).
Saying that unicorns don't exist means that unicorns exist, you can't say something doesn't exist unless it does exist. The argument of non-existence is a nonsense as much as the discussion of non-duality is. Non-duality IS duality and people use duality to argue non-duality. If we're going to talk about what is not duality that's something else again.

Your contemplation is a long way from loopy, in terms of this thread it's quite sane in comparison.

Quote:
2. Non-existence itself doesn't exist. Therefore everything exists (paradoxical meaning). So unicorns, which don't appear in my consciousness as physical objects, nevertheless do exist. Also 'impossible' things exist like a 45 degree right angle. By this logic, is non-existence something which must also exist?
Non-existence does exist because you're talking about it, if it didn't exist how could you talk about it?

Quote:
This is my strange loopy contemplation. Non-existence, like nothingness, the void, emptiness, are concepts I struggle with, but in a good way
What are you conscious of? That's the question that makes sense of it all.
Old 13-07-2021, 08:03 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
'All is one and ...."
All is One and One is all is duality, or at least dualism because there are two aspects - 'One' is an aspect and 'all' is an aspect.
Old 13-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Master

one-ness

Quote:
All is One and One is all is duality, or at least dualism because there are two aspects - 'One' is an aspect and 'all' is an aspect.
If one and all are different aspects then its certainly not oneness.
Never mind , I always have enjoyed duality and simply relish the fun and excitement it offers without missing the blissful existence in the non-dual experiences. So i can very well understand your experiences very well .
Old 13-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Personally, duality is a mirror. Especially lately !
Old 14-07-2021, 01:43 AM
Pathfinder

I look at duality like Star Wars: good and evil, light and dark, limiting and limitless. It is a mode of understanding both sides of conscious perception.

In terms of limiting and limitless, you can view these two things as a sort of mathematical concept for the universe. A limit is a point in time. The limitless is all possibilities. The universe is constantly expanding and advancing in time but your consciousness takes place from one point of perception.

In ancient Egypt, there was a duality about the natural laws of the universe (chaos and order). Order was Maat. Chaos was Apep. Duality exists in Taoism, but is explained as two sides of the same thing. Feminine (passive) and masculine (active) energy are always present in all things.

Taoism is one place that starts to marry these ideas into a nondualistic idea (ironically), because the concept is that good and evil are just the same thing only separated by degrees. Love is at the opposite spectrum of hate (Star Wars reference here) because if there was a nondualistic way to look at it, it would be indifference. That is why they didn't want to train Anakin Skywalker because he had too much dualism pulling him into a polar state, thus it made him Darth Vader.