Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 29-05-2021, 11:10 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim
I don't dissociate myself from the Universe.
But that is also the beauty of it all : both can exist fully and accordingly.
Are you trying to sound like me or something.
(I never use the word accordingly - a tip.)
Oh, I make myself lol!!! Luvya.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2021, 11:10 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I don't dissociate myself from the Universe. But that is also the beauty of it all : both can exist fully and accordingly.

Some say the experience is not of moving within the universe but of the universe - including body and mind - moving within them. At a surface level it sounds like dissociation but it's not because one is the "space" it's all moving within and also all the "things" - including body and mind - moving within that "space".

I suppose it can also be phrased as a localized non-local experience.
Old 30-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Solipsism is the theory that only the SELF can be known. That everything we experience is part of our own self and that the journey ends when we reach self realisation and become one with the self.

Solipsism is the belief that only YOUR mind exist and everyone else is made up. So you exist but the rest of us posters don't.

You may be confusing solipsism with pantheism (all that exists = god).
Old 01-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Some say the experience is not of moving within the universe but of the universe -
And I agree with you ! But perception will be different with every being. To me, Advaita is never reached, or at least, reached and lost of sight again and again. How will one ever get to reach non-duality if they never experienced duality and got fed up with it ?

Just as a small PSA : I generally have trouble interacting on the Religion subforums and in general. I remember my welcome thread.. anyway, not the place for cringe lol

Sorry JustASimpleGuy if I sounded a little edgy or dumbly provocative

Honza you're awesome. You definitely are pursuing a specific goal, and you will let nothing stop you. I admire you for that. Keep going, keep questionning. Keep being yourself !

Miss, luvya too
Old 01-06-2021, 10:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
And I agree with you ! But perception will be different with every being. To me, Advaita is never reached, or at least, reached and lost of sight again and again. How will one ever get to reach non-duality if they never experienced duality and got fed up with it ?

We experience absolute Advaita every single night in deep dreamless sleep.

The next closest is probably very deep meditation and next are some types of mystical experiences, but as you rightly point out these versions are fleeting, at least from my perspective and experience. Not sure how it is for a fully Enlightened being but I sometimes wonder if it's something like a waking equivalent of a lucid dream which is my one mystical experience and it was both mind-blowing and life-changing. I suppose one way to explain it is while my body, senses, brain and mind were still immersed in duality there was another aspect that absolutely "knew" and without a shadow of doubt it was only apparent duality as "I" was in fact all of it and all of it was "Me".

Advaita explores duality in-depth (Step 1) in order to achieve a fuller understanding of non-duality (Step 2).
Old 17-06-2021, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Solipsism is the belief that only YOUR mind exist and everyone else is made up. So you exist but the rest of us posters don't.

Is that what Solipsism is about?

What do you mean by "only YOUR mind exists"? What about the YOUR body?

If other posters don't exist, where do the posts originate from?

(I know my questions my appear tongue-in-cheek but they are serious queries. I just want to get what you mean by Solipsism. I have read its definition in philosophy but don't understand the concept.