Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-07-2021, 05:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerpreet
While doing the meditation if we encounter with negative thoughts so what should one do, should it stop doing the meditations or not.
Negativity or negative thoughts are characteristic of the ego. If they come just observe them as a witness without identifying with them or attaching to them.
The more present or aware you are, the lesser the chances of the negative thoughts overwhelming you with their emotional energy.
Quote:
how to know the meditation that one is doing is right or wrong for self.

If the meditation helps you feel peaceful and less stressed with time, then it is right for you.
If not, either your comprehension of the technique is wrong, or the meditation technique may not be the right one for you.
If you are trying to get rid of strong emotional issues, therapy might help. A combination of therapy and meditation is used by some teachers to help the students resolve their issues, and it is considered to be more effective than meditation or therapy alone.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 16-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Most often our thoughts are negative. Try to notice, all the blame and criticism, the mind is bombarding us with. It is only when we sit down and meditate, that we start to question and investigate in to the nature of the mind, that we truely realise, how evil and contracted the nature of the mind is. I mean look at the state of the world. It is a product of the mind, not the heart.

The mind is not our true nature, our true nature is silence and innocence.
Old 18-08-2021, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account
The Bible says something like: As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
The field is the mind. The seeds come either in form of love or fear.
When you say
Quote:
evil and contracted the nature of the mind is
then you are looking on a field sowed with purely negative seeds.

The field is neither good, nor bad. It is perfect and it is ready to receive whatever you will.
The field is not your self, and in this you are very correct.
By living in a wolrd of contradictions, it is easy to use wrong seeds.
But the world of contradictions does not know that a planted seed can be exchanged.

Thanks for reading.
Old 22-08-2021, 06:37 PM
Eelco

Seems your meditation is working. When concentration builds you see everything that arises within you. In this case thoughts. It is a process of the mind. Like the eyes see when you open them. The ear hears. The mind thinks. Try to think of it like this. When you see a tree you know it's not you or yours it's just a tree. In the same way the thoughts you see are just thoughts. They aren't you or yours. Just thoughts. You don't have anything to do with them. The difference with a tree is that we are used to see them as not mine. It takes a little time to see thoughts like that as they appear from what seems like within.
Just wait and notice if it's going or gone. If the thought persist remember the object of your meditation. I am assuming that's your breath. Notice that for a while. If the thought keeps persisting make an effort to think about something you like for a few moments before going back to noticing the breath.

Hope that helps.
Old 17-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
While doing the meditation if we encounter with negative thoughts so what should one do, should it stop doing the meditations or not. how to know the meditation that one is doing is right or wrong for self.

Have not done any meditation, so please take this post any way you wish.

Treat the negative thoughts you encountered while meditating the same way as you would when not meditating. You are in control, and you have the power to choose not to have the bad thoughts affect you.

Think of it this way: If you don't speak the Japanese language and someone bumps in to you and starts swearing at you in Japanese, how would you react? As far as you are concern, that person might be apologizing for bumping you. And you go on your merry way, and the swearing never affected you one bit.

And each of us being unique with different akash will meditate differently. Some might not even need to meditate.

If the purpose of meditating is to calm our mind and bring a brief moment of peace and joy to our heart by taking a break from the grip of the ego mind, then there are many options besides sitting in stillness.

If you love playing the piano, then play the piano and have joy in your heart. If your joy is driving a convertible sportscar, then drive the sportscar with the top down to let your skin feel the heavenly warm sun rays and the soothing cool wind breeze. When we do what brings us joy, the concept of time vanishes. How's that as a form of meditation. Loosing the concept of time and being joyful brings us to be more in touch with our Higher Self, which is the divine 3d to Source interface.

Extend that joy a bit further by embracing a way of living that aligns more with caring, kindness, benevolence, and compassion, then we have just uncover and are returning back to our true divine nature.

What does that mean? It means the love of God/Creative Source/Prime Creator will pour into us, the immensity of which will humble us and tears of joy will flow like a river. More importantly, there is an overwhelming sense of gratitude that enables us to see the grandness and wonderment of this world. Grateful to be alive here for the amazing adventure.

What we used to see as suffering and adversities will now be seen as grateful and welcome blessed lesson opportunities to gain greater wisdom and maturity.

Greater wisdom and maturity that bring peace and calm to our heart and mind.

Congratulations, we are now in meditation 24/7 without meditating.

All the best!
Old 19-10-2021, 04:52 AM
Seeker
Quote:
While doing the meditation if we encounter with negative thoughts so what should one do, should it stop doing the meditations or not. how to know the meditation that one is doing is right or wrong for self.

Personally I think it's fine to have negative thoughts when you meditate. The reason is we are still normal human living in the society, we are not monks or priests who live in rural mountains or secluded temples or churches. We still have work, we have family, etc... so naturally we will have worries, negative emotions, etc...

The first aim of meditation (or I often refer as the 1st stage) is to acknowledge those negative emotions, those feelings. We are so used to thinking and therefore, getting into peaceful mind immedateily is literally impossible. Instead, acknowledge the negative thoughts/feelings, sense your body, how do you feel, how do you breath, do you ears get "hot", etc... These sensation will help you realize that there are certain problems within you that you either ignore or you cannot solve it at the moment.

Once acknowledge the feelings, tell yourself that you do recognize those thoughts. You are not going to ignore them, you just put in aside for now since you're meditating, and try to focus on your body again.

The "trick" to focus is to keep focusing on your body, your sensation on the body when meditating, starting with your breath, then your stomach, then your arms & legs. These may sound weird at first but later on it's very important to understand your own emotions and how to solve it.

Of course this first stage will take a while. But gradually you will understand yourself better than you think, and soon you will understand what you need to do to improve yourself. The aim of first stage is not to achieve mindfulness or peaceful right away. It's aim is to actually understand yourself and soon learn how to improve.
Old 19-10-2021, 10:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio94
so naturally we will have worries, negative emotions, etc...

I agree, living in these bodies and feeling all kinds of emotions is part of being human.

Ps: Even monks and priests have negative emotions..
Old 19-10-2021, 10:42 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Just brush it aside as you would all negative intrusive thoughts that happen when you're not meditating. After I had my daughter, you would not believe the intrusive thoughts I had as a brand new mom charged with keeping a tiny human alive. They were right out of horror movies. It's a little talked about a subject that no one talks about. My OB didn't even warn me. I was able to brush the thoughts aside and just attribute it to my raging mom hormones and my mother instincts kicking into geer warning me of all the ways (insane mostly) that I needed to protect my baby from. Intrusive thoughts happen to everybody. Don't give them any credence and just brush them aside.
Old 22-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Ghaleon

I think this is a great thread but should not be limited to "meditation" alone. Certainly it applies to meditation and its practices but negative thoughts are apart of our reality in everyday life.

If we/someone has a negative thought about someone and want to know what to do ie handle it i think its important to "immediately" think of something positive about the person and don't give more attention to the negative thought. It may very well erase the negative thought completely. This also maintains our higher frequency and is not lowered by the negative thought.

Since our thoughts are very powerful we create all the time, thought forms in the astral. These thought forms if energized by us by constantly acknowledging them gain they're own personality and characteristics thus becoming "alive" and thus gain they're own individuality and take on a life of they're own. We all have these "thought children" in the astral to a more or lesser degree.

Sometimes these thought are not even our own but come from our environment but because we know ourselves we distinguish between what thoughts are our own vs the ones coming from someone or "something" or somewhere else.

This is why i am against judging others, even those who have committed crimes against humanity because personally i don't want to take that on and will leave that to others. I am very much against judging myself or others but that's just me and if i was asked to join a galactic court, i'd most likely decline.

The beings that control and rule this world are interdimensional mind parasites. They want us to be more narcissistic and like them. World War 3 does not have to be fought on the battlefield and can very well be the war of the human mind. If this is the case then we are certainly in the middle of it.
Old 23-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Knower
Seems to me there's a first thought, then a second thought to judge the first one as good or bad. Then perhaps a third thought, that I need to stop the thoughts and return to the meditation object.

There's a view of meditation as the interplay of focussed awareness (attention) and peripheral awareness. I find that thoughts tend to crash straight into the centre of my attention, I can't very easily hold them in peripheral awareness, so they're all or nothing. Something else like physical sensations and breathing can be either attention or peripheral, depending on where I put my attention. Maybe that's something to work on, so I can have thoughts floating through the periphery without interrupting the meditation technique, like clouds in the sky.