Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 27-07-2021, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
What we do watch is the "dew point" yesterday the dew point was at 57°f today it's at 67°f higher the dew point, the wetter the air. The wetter the air the less your body can cool down. Sweat does not evaporate with wet air…
Hallow, thank you for the lesson. Now I know why our hot seems hotter thus year; it is the dew point.

98 degrees here, poor Ella is hating this heat and would like us to run the sprinklers all day.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Hallow, thank you for the lesson. Now I know why our hot seems hotter thus year; it is the dew point.

98 degrees here, poor Ella is hating this heat and would like us to run the sprinklers all day.
what is the "dew point" where you live? 98 with a low dew point won't feel as hot as a 98 with a high dew point. If the air feels thick and heavy you have a high dew point. A 70° dew point is very common where I live.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
what is the "dew point" where you live? 98 with a low dew point won't feel as hot as a 98 with a high dew point. If the air feels thick and heavy you have a high dew point. A 70° dew point is very common where I live.
I do not know the dew point. I know that it feels humid. We are surrounded by crops, beets, corn, wheat. The evaporation at night is crazy. I can bicycle between 2 corn fields on a hot day and it will feel 10 degrees cooler. Nature’s swamp cooler.

Right now, when we walk at night, temp 80 - 90, we come home covered in sweat.

When we traveled to the UK, 85 felt sweltering! Crazy! So, I know how it feels. Sort of.
Old Today, 10:11 AM
Master
Anala, from the way it sounds you have high dew points as well.
We had some nasty storms pass through last night. It brought us some relief on all sides of the weather.
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Master
Ah, rain would be lovely, but no end in sight as of yet.

Ranches are preparing, baling straw, hay and grasses.

102 yesterday and most likely again today.