Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 19-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Is it ok to take these herbs together?

Hello. Forum Newbie here. Studying Herbs but right now, I am seeking advice.

I am taking the following herbs

Shilajit 390mg once a day in capsule form. I have been taking it every day for around 8 weeks.

About 6 weeks ago, I added Ashwagandha 400mg to that, once a day, every day.

About 4 weeks ago, I added Garlic Capsule 1000mg once a day, every day and Flaxseed Oil capsule 1000mg once a day, every day.

And finally, about two weeks ago, I added Tribulus Terrestris 500mg, which also contains 75mg of Magnesium and 5mg of Zinc. I take that 5 day a week, again in capsule form.

I am taking these things to help improve my prostate which has recently had a bacterial infection and was treated successfully with Cipro. However, I believe the enlargement is still there.

I am considering adding a supplement which contains Saw palmetto, Turmeric, Pumpkin Seed extract, Quercetin, Pygium bark extract, Valerian Root, Beta Sitosterol and 30mg of Zinc (apart from the 5mg I currently take in the Tirbulus capsule) to my daily herbal treatments, and there is an option to do this as a suppository if preferred, which apparently gets straight to the prostate and skips the liver and pancreas.

My question is this. Is it safe for me to add the final supplement listed above, to the list I am already taking? Or are there too many Blood thinners involved? And if it is not recommended, would it be safe in suppository form instead or would that be an issue too?

My Urologist was happy the bacteria was cleared up and can only suggest conventional treatments for the suspected continued enlargement. I'm not keen on the conventional route in this matter due to mixed reviews and secondary reactions.

Can anyone help me answer that question as I've been looking everywhere for the correct answer.

I am studying to be a Master Herbalist and am looking forward to some occasional input into this forum. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Old 20-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator
It may be in your best interests to book a full consultation with a qualified medical herbalist. Take all your hard copy most recent blood results/test results with you.

If he/she is worth their salt, they should know what combination of herbs and supplements will be most safe and beneficial for you.

Yes you do have at least a couple of blood thinners in there, which may or not be safe for you considering your general condition, blood results and dosage, so seek professional advice.
I am unfamiliar with Shilajit and pygium bark extract.

It is predictable that your urologist would suggest conventional treatments. That is how he was trained. But for benign prostate enlargement, herbal treatments are often successful. Is your PSA okay?
But get guidance on this as you don't want to negatively tip the balance in any other aspect of your general condition.

Even those who are learning to be masters, can still benefit from help and advice.
Good luck with your treatments and healing!
Old 20-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the input Tobi. I have spoken to an ayurvedic physician but not extensively. He was satisfied that I was taking the right things and that I should give it three months for results to appear.

For what it is worth, I would encourage you to look into Shilajit. It is really great!. :)
Old 22-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Forgive me, I don't mean to be pushy.
But does the Ayurvedic physician you spoke to (briefly?) know your medical history, your strengths and weaknesses physically, and your unique test results?

My feeling is you may need a full medical consultation with a herbal practitioner.

Yes they are good herbs and specifics. But do they suit you personally and is the dosage/balance correct for you ? Are you overloading on one aspect and deficient in another?

I will investigate Shilajit. Thank you.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Newbie ;)

The Physician looked at my blood test and urine sample and knows my recent issues. But not any longterm history.