Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 03-07-2021, 08:43 AM
Experiencer

LORD SHIVA TOPS AMONG FAVORITE GODS of HINDUS

In a survey done by some American Agency shown on TV, declared Lord SHIVA as No. 1 God with 44% followings. Other Gods have been rated as :

2. Hanuman / Bajrang Bali 35%
3. Ganesa 32%
4. Krishna 22%
5. Ram 17%

Obliviously there is overlapping some people worshiping 2 gods.

Actually there are 2 groups. One belonging to Shiva + Ganesha = 76% and the other Mahaveer + Krishna+Ram = 74%

So the Indian population is equally divided. Where as worshiping Ram and Krishna demands regulation of (good conduct+ truthfulness + vegetarianism ) There is no restriction for worshiping Shiva+family hence it tops.

Last edited by OPVerma : 04-07-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:55 PM
Master
While I was not surprised to see Lord Shiva as "tops among favorite gods of Hindus", I was surprised to see Maha Veer (Mahavir) as #2. Interesting.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:49 PM
I'm bad. I didn't know Mahaveer. I love Krishna, never noticed M. before!!!

Mahavir preached that right faith (samyak-darshana), right knowledge (samyak-jnana), and right conduct
(samyak-charitra) together is the real path to attain the liberation of one's self.
At the heart of right conduct for Jains lie the five great vows: Nonviolence (Ahimsa) - not to cause harm to any living beings.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Experiencer

MAHAVEER is Hanuman, popularly known as Bajarang Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm bad. I didn't know Mahaveer. I love Krishna, never noticed M. before!!!

Mahavir preached that right faith (samyak-darshana), right knowledge (samyak-jnana), and right conduct
(samyak-charitra) together is the real path to attain the liberation of one's self.
At the heart of right conduct for Jains lie the five great vows: Nonviolence (Ahimsa) - not to cause harm to any living beings.

Oh ho NO,

READERS kindly note : This Mahaveer I am talking about is Hanuman, popularly known as Bajarang Bali. the Private Secretary of Lord RAM. Bajarang Bali is a living deity he does not preach and protects and fulfills desires of Rama's devotees.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:25 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
While I was not surprised to see Lord Shiva as "tops among favorite gods of Hindus", I was surprised to see Maha Veer (Mahavir) as #2. Interesting.

No matter what this survey says Hanuman is actually is No. 1 Deity in India. He is connected with both Vaishnava and Saivat followers hence he gets double votes.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
This Mahaveer I am talking about is Hanuman, popularly known as Bajarang Bali.

Thanks for clarifying that. I am very familiar with Hanuman, who is a major character in the Ramayana, as we used to chant the "Hanuman Chalisa" often at our ashram. Here's the link to my favorite version of the "Hanuman Chalisa".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liKbzGXGokU

I had never heard him called Mahaveer, so that is something new to me.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Oh ho NO,
READERS kindly note : This Mahaveer I am talking about is Hanuman, popularly known as Bajarang Bali. the Private Secretary of Lord RAM. Bajarang Bali is a living deity he does not preach and protects and fulfills desires of Rama's devotees.
Well, as many know - Wikipedia is just written by a bunch of people, doing their best.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Master

mahaveer

Quote:
Oh ho NO,

Mahaveer as described by Miss H is also right . Many Jains - considered also as Hindu pray Him . There are many Jains in USA also . Hanumanji would be described more as Mahabali .

I dont know what the survey indicated . But either could be possible due to presence of devotees for either.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Master

shiva

Quote:
There is no restriction for worshiping Shiva+family hence it tops.
Also many devotees of Shiva worship Shivling which is worship of formless/shapeless God which most others also recognize . This also could be the reason for more Shiva devotees.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:15 AM
takso

The spirit of Lord Shiva in a dark cave (photo taken in 2009).