Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Master
how would you feel if I said you are me?

Am I the center of my own universe? Is everything within me and outside me my own self? I often wonder these questions. Here at this forum I meet many different people. Are you all me? Am I you?

Hinduism alludes to such truths. What if it was right?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Master

I believe you have something there, but you drew conclusions before getting deeper and understanding the concepts.

You aren't anybody else. Nobody else is you. I'm not familiar with Hinduism, but I would bet that you misunderstood their teachings on this.

You create your own reality, with everything in it, including me a as a secondary construction. I do the same thing, with me as primary construction. Our realities are parallel, they're separate constructions of the same blueprint.

You are in front of your computer. What your screen displays to you isn't you, excepting when you use it as a mirror.

Everything that is "outside" you is only your reality, created by your 5 senses.

"Within", you can peek to the wider reality, which is much more than you.

Nobody really knows the truth(s), and even if somebody did, nobody would believe it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Am I the center of my own universe? Is everything within me and outside me my own self? I often wonder these questions. Here at this forum I meet many different people. Are you all me? Am I you?

Hinduism alludes to such truths. What if it was right?

Yes Hinduism and Buddhism does allude to such truths....

Is it right from a Buddhist point of view to say that you and me are the same because there is only one consciousness playing different minds (egos, personalities, psychologies, etc) and bodies of all sentient creatures at the same time.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes Hinduism and Buddhism does allude to such truths....

Is it right from a Buddhist point of view to say that you and me are the same because there is only one consciousness playing different minds (egos, personalities, psychologies, etc) and bodies of all sentient creatures at the same time.
Obviously that's a stretch ... All the organs and all the cells of my body are part of me, but each one has its own individuality and its own "consciousness".

Surely, you can't argue with dogma, but one's dogma is in no way 'truer' than another's ...

I don't think this is a case of playing chess with yourself, and even then ... you take turns, you don't do it simultaneously.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:05 AM
Deactivated Account
I'd feel fine.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
I'd feel fine.

I like a nice simple answer....

Old 09-08-2020, 07:58 AM
Master
Nah, we are separate. I'm not into spiritual communism..
I don't think you can call ''I am you'' a *Hindu truth* when one sect will agree and another will disagree. Plenty of Hindus out there that speak against impersonalism. They believe in separate, individual souls. Are they not relevant?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:24 AM
Master
I *must* learn more about Hinduism.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Why don't you turn inward and tap your inner source of knowledge and guidance? Why believe any gurus and dogmas? How would you know who's right of so many? Age, number don't guarantee they're right. Rationalization either. In my opinion and experience the only way is ... inward.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:

Here's a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_denominations