Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 29-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Everything you described sounds like a karmic soulmate NOT a twin flame. Hence the reason for this thread

I was right about to say that...
Old 29-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
I was right about to say that...

I'm going to have to agree as well. But who am I to say one way or the other.
Old 29-10-2012, 04:19 PM
adbl

Quote:
But who am I to say one way or the other.

Very true Jatd! I can only speak from my own experience. I always knew about soul mates but never heard of a twin flame before this happened to me. I'm not sure of the whole "one soul being split into two souls" thing but i can tell you that a "twin flame" if we choose to call it, that IS much different than a soul mate. I have quite a few soul mates in my life and the connection is strong but it's nothing compared to a twin. I also think you can't define someone as being your twin unless you have been going through this connection for years! Yes, i said YEARS!!! That's what prompted me to start doing research to find out exactly what the hell was going on. When the connection and the energy transfer between us would not go away after 3 years and we continued to do the "push and pull" thing, i knew something was completely different about the connection with this woman. That's when i discovered and came to my own conclusion that she IS my twin.

For someone to say that they think they have just "met" their twin is probably not realistic unless you have been through all the trials and tribulations that most of us have been that are on here. The reason it's called a twin is because there is a very specific reason you two have this connection. There is a purpose to it all and again, i believe it takes to years to fully discover that.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Ladybug1122

It took me over 2 and a half years to come to terms, believe, understand, have faith in, and just know that I was in a twin soul connection. The label doesn't mean anything to me now. It does help, however, when communicating on a forum. But at the time, when I finally came to terms as to what this all was, the label meant everything. It gave me the understanding that I needed. A sense of calm, the feeling that I'm not alone and that I'm not nuts. There was a label to this craziness.

Yes, the label is just as label. If you call it a shamrock, it doesn't change the experience. For the sake of discussion, it has to be called something. If a spoon didn't have a label, think of how hard that would be to ask for one, and all the labels you would have to use to describe it. lol

"A rose by any other name, will smell just as sweet."

This is an experience that I wouldn't wish on anybody, BUT, I would wish on everybody.

As far as what others post... that's their experience. If they're not in a soul connection, they'll figure it out. If they are, they'll figure that out too. I realize it's hard to see the label thrown around casually, just like the label "love" is thrown around casually. But don't let it bother you. It doesn't change your own experience. Don't feel like you have to defend your own experience. It is what it is. As long as you are confident in what you feel, then roll with it. It shouldn't matter what others think. It doesn't change your experience at all.

I don't think anyone should tell others what kind of a connection they have. What if you tell others what their connection is, and it turns out to be wrong? You've just added more confusion to them. Like the one on here that just got a reading from a psychic that told her she had a soul mate. She is now confused, because instead of going with her own instincts, she is listening to someone that may or may not be right. Her ego and soul is in conflict now. That is un-needed confusion.

Like I said above, The label means nothing once you trust what it is, but it means a lot, when you are still trying to understand what the heck is going on.

This is just my opinion

And by the way, anyone in harms way of Hurricane Sandy on the east coast of the USA, be safe. Prayers and blessings to you.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:42 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
I'm going to have to agree as well. But who am I to say one way or the other.

Where the "who am i to say one way or the other" really comes into play is when someone reports their experience as having all the indicators of a twin flame experience. When someone reports a karmic relationship I have no problem stepping in and saying, NO, your experience does NOT resonate with mine nor everything I've read about a twin flame relationship. Lose the label and you're still left with an experience that does not fit in to what I've experience OR read about when karmic type events start to crop up. I can't confirm nor disprove if someone has actually met their tf but when they report an experience that is completely different from mine and those I've read about that have resonated with mine than yeah I can say you have NOT shared a similar experience as I have. And for the record I've had several karmic/companion soul mate relationships and they were COMPLETELY different from what I felt for the person I've labeled as my TF.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:43 PM
sesheta

Two things:

1. I think that anyone who is in any type of toxic relationship needs to get out of it. Whether the other person is a family member/soulmate/twin flame, etc, etc, etc....no matter who it is.....toxic relationships are not healthy in any way shape or form. Yes, it may be very, very hard to end a relationship with a TF, but maybe the two of you are not meant to be together in this lifetime, and this is part of your karma that you need to continue to work through individually.

2. I tend to agree that it's hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea of someone walking away from their TF, and then finding another one....I personally don't believe we can have more than one TF....and yes, a soul-mate relationship can be just as magical and beautiful....no relationship that is based on love and happiness should be taken for granted, or compared to anyone else's....
And yes, a TF relationship is definitely NOT for the weak-hearted!! I have to admit, there are days when I envy other people who are not in a TF relationship.....things seem to go so much smoother, and seem so much easier, for them in many ways....sigh......but I would not give up what I have with my TF for anything
Old 29-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Two things:

1. I think that anyone who is in any type of toxic relationship needs to get out of it. Whether the other person is a family member/soulmate/twin flame, etc, etc, etc....no matter who it is.....toxic relationships are not healthy in any way shape or form. Yes, it may be very, very hard to end a relationship with a TF, but maybe the two of you are not meant to be together in this lifetime, and this is part of your karma that you need to continue to work through individually.

2. I tend to agree that it's hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea of someone walking away from their TF, and then finding another one....I personally don't believe we can have more than one TF....and yes, a soul-mate relationship can be just as magical and beautiful....no relationship that is based on love and happiness should be taken for granted, or compared to anyone else's....
And yes, a TF relationship is definitely NOT for the weak-hearted!! I have to admit, there are days when I envy other people who are not in a TF relationship.....things seem to go so much smoother, and seem so much easier, for them in many ways....sigh......but I would not give up what I have with my TF for anything

I have a friend who recently went through this. TF was addicted, stole from her and wound up being in jail with a restraining order. Friend is devastated, and all she can feel with him or from him is the love... so confusing.
Old 29-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't think anyone should tell others what kind of a connection they have. What if you tell others what their connection is, and it turns out to be wrong? You've just added more confusion to them. Like the one on here that just got a reading from a psychic that told her she had a soul mate. She is now confused, because instead of going with her own instincts, she is listening to someone that may or may not be right. Her ego and soul is in conflict now. That is un-needed confusion.

So agree ...and that was me by the way ( about the psychic:) and i'm still confused lol :)
Old 29-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
I also think you can't define someone as being your twin unless you have been going through this connection for years! Yes, i said YEARS

Adbl...this may be true for you ...but may not be for others ....There are a few on here who believe they have met their Tfs and have only known them a few years ...everyone is different ,so every experience is going to be different ...Sorry but i just don't like people who say this is how it is supposed to be(,the Tf path/connection,) because this is how it was for me ...thats a very narrow way of looking at things..How do you know for sure that it is only a Tf connection if it has gone on for years ....hope you don't mind me asking ?
Old 29-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Buzz

The confusion over the whole TF experience is simply that we attempt to conceptualize it to begin with.
I can experience the love, connection, acceptance etc and all is good and as it should be. But when I try to communicate such an esoteric relationship, it weighs in against everyone elses concepts and experiences.
We would be way better off casting off the shackles of thought and simply bypassing the need to judge the experience and just get on with it.
All the posing and posturing counts for nought. You are given a chance to love and so much more than that. You have the opportunity to make something worthwhile from your time on this silly piece of rock and what can happen is that the minds try to wrestle control ftom the heart by turning love into just another ****ing competition.