Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-07-2020, 03:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_demi
There is an issue in the above statement: the length of your trial. How long can you continue pushing against walls and darkness without any signs of progress, guidance, proof that this is a quest/challenge with an end result (achievable, hopefully) and not just endless darkness out of which there is no exit and there actually is NO end-goal set for you? Optimism gets you only part of the way. Then, maybe a hard/dedicated soul and tolerance of pain. But, beyond some point (different for us all), how do you keep pushing?

I went through a year of no light at end of tunnel, and the movie-styled "and the hero kept his belief and pushed on regardless" was just that - a movie/comic/book fallacy, that your crushed soul finds no support in.

That's a good point and I don't really have an answer to that. I opened a similar thread a couple of months ago here, and was wondering whether I should drop my current life course or keep going. It happened to me only once in my life that I truly wanted something from the depth of my being (to get into a programme related to my current profession), and I was willing to sacrifice a lot for it; I didn't really have a plan B, nor cared about having one. If it didn't work out, I'd keep pursuing it no matter what. Looking at it from this perspective, it seems to me like the universe met me halfway, and the way opened. So it wasn't merely my desire or my inner/outer work, but an element of destiny? On the other side, I've failed in numerous things too, but I can't say I was driven by the same passion that was driving me while pursuing the example number one. Outer events and inner desire seem to be directly proportional..Then again, the higher the goal, the greater the sacrifice it requires? I seem to have lost a big part of that initial passion for my profession/current path, so I genuinely don't know any more. I think it's great wisdom to know when to stop and when to continue pursuing your goal.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
I think it's great wisdom to know when to stop and when to continue pursuing your goal.
That sort of thing is brain-unknowable (at least in advance), I think. Even 'intuition' (gut-feeling) may be miss-leading. The best one can do to is to non-specifically pray that one will be 'swayed' to choose 'whatever' choice would be best, in terms of being most beneficial or augmentative of one's and others' spiritual life, and then just 'follow' the 'dictates' of one's intellect-and-intuition whatever this may be at any given point, always re-viewing and being willing to re-vise said choice, trusting that, because of the earnestness of said prayer, as 'bumbling' as said re-examining and re-vising process may be, what one prays for will be the eventual outcome. IMO, this is the 'ultimate' kind of wisdom.

The worst thing to do/be, IMO, would be to be indecisive (like Hamlet) because one's 'spirit' (soul?) would then just be 'Hamstrung'!
Old 10-07-2020, 05:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The only time I've heard of problems arising is when people are awakened by for instance a Reiki master and are not ready for it yet.
You then get a system overload as it isn't natural to go about it this way. I was told about a man becoming totally psychotic after his Reiki master did that. His wife -who told me that- was also seriously affected for months but she was strong enough to recover.
I have heard more stories like that concerning Reiki.

I think things can only go awry when people force 'awakening' or are forced into it.
Apart from that, don't forget that many many many people with mental illnesses feel drawn to spirituality, or what they think it is.
They come up with stories that the voices they hear are spiritual instead of having to do with their mental issues.
I've ran a spiritual forum, was a mod on a very large spiritual forum, and have been here for some years. You see it everywhere, people with mental disorders and problems showing up.

I dont know if its okey to quote an old post like this but I will take my chances and hope for the best :)

I once gave a friend a reiki healing when I was still getting the hang of the basics with reiki channeling which made him borderline psychotic off and on for a few days(I have more than enough stories to testify to his psychotic behavior if needed) and it took me a few days and quite alot of energy to put him back together again but it could be done and after "studying" him and backtracking the whole experience I have come to the conclusion that an experienced reiki practitioner who actually knows what he is doing and have experience with working with mentally ill people will know how to gently work on them and know when to stop or adjust the flow.

I bet alot of people with mental issues who could really use some energy healing are turned down by healers because nobody wants to be complicit in the persons situation if it wouldnt be fixed instantly, Ive met only two persons in my country who would even consult me in working on people diagnosed with mental disorders, most are to afraid to even discuss it.

Its very easy if you tend to be good to channel to give alot of energy at once to someone and if you have not taken precations as for example a very thorough "earthing" work before the healing it can go wrong.

You can try this for yourself if you know you are Stable enough and have the ability to channel to just focus the energy right on your third eye or crown chakra and leave the focus there for a while, its likely you will feel lightheaded or have a pressure build up or something similiar. But if you do some extensive grounding work before as cording to earth core and opening up the foot and root chakras then these problems will most likely not accur or atleast not as much.

From listening to a psychotic rambling for more than a few minutes its quite obvious the person is far from being grounded.

Also in my opinion/experience mental illness and especially the more severe kinds are very much a spiritual symptom of something not being right/aligned/balanced, its very rarely that they are wrong in feeling called to the spiritual world of knowledge.

my point being that saying "how about that, he wasnt spiritual at all he was just a loony" is not always proper.
Alot of people diagnosed with severe shizophrenia would probably be schamans or some equivalent to that if they where born in another part of the world and guided and encouraged instead of being shamed and medicated.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:06 AM
Knower

mental disorders occur when the chakra is opened or widened via a crack, or a sudden shift one is not ready for, which jolts the chakra body, instead of a smooth and natural stretch which you arrive into with observance and heartfull-ness.

people with disorders (not in all scenarios), can be ones with akin to spiritual awareness. but. Usually they are not ready for it because deep rooted issues are not dealt with (traumas), and the stimuli from outside and messages from inside get scrambled, specially as the 'cracked' chakra is now open to a massive amount of stimuli, without the proper filtering system we all have for safety sake.
So whatever comes in, is translated through their fear, and filtered through a shatter.

when there is spiritual awakening, the chakras opens by way of stretching, not by having holes in it. it becomes bigger inside itself.
you may still feel 'schizophrenic' symptoms. but it is not necessarily the case that you are imbalanced.
accept some symptoms as part of the process and that they will subside.(while some may stay) if it is a spiritual stretch, then your knowing self with catch up with it, and start to understand the stimuli better.
key symptoms of mental disorder is an immediate release of the physical body and physical hygiene, the patient is not aware and does not care.
during awakening, the opposite is likely to happen. where self and body care are better. because a higher self has arrived, and it understands that the body is a partner in the journey.
check yourself on other things, like awareness of 'reality', what works in the world and what doesn't. do you think that you will save the world? no? ok good.

if your symptoms aren't 'worrying'. then don't worry.
if you feel and see things that feel paranormal, observe them, enjoy them, don't control or try to repeat them. just understand.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
You're making it sound as if there is nothing special about what is happening to me. Perhaps not in comparison to others, and perhaps it does happen to everyone and it is as natural as it gets, but it's still a big deal to me..Why make it sound insignificant?

I used to defend from having an ego, but I guess I do have one too.

As for goals, well how do I know what's achievable and what's not unless I try to achieve them and either fail or succeed? Meaning to say it only becomes apparent at the end of the road, I don't think I can know in advance.

What spirit animal do you relate to and why btw? Same question to Davidson if he wants to answer.

As for prophetic dreams, Scorpius, what are they usually about?
The real question is what are the reasons you're making it so significant? Would you rather have an authentic Spitiual Awakening or would you rather go through something 'usual' and simply label it? If it is a big deal for you, what are the reasons? That's where you'll find a more authentic Spiritual Awakening. Spiritual awakening is the difference between attaching significance and finding the significance, because there's something very significant in finding the reasons you want your experience to be significant.

Everybody that can function has an ego, it's that simple. And the people that wax so Spiritual about the ego being the enemy? That's their egos at work and fooling them.

You can set realistic goals that you would consider as achievable, rather than setting your heart on expectations and fairy stories. Whether your goals are achieved or not is in the lap of the gods. No you can't know if you will achieve them, but common sense can guide you towards somethinbg that is achievable.

I don't have a Spirit animal as such, never really thought abhout it really but after the experiences I had a couple of years ago and theire repeating now, it would have to be the swallow. Long story.

Is that the Farscape Scorpius or the starry Scorpius?
Old 12-07-2020, 08:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak
Also in my opinion/experience mental illness and especially the more severe kinds are very much a spiritual symptom of something not being right/aligned/balanced, its very rarely that they are wrong in feeling called to the spiritual world of knowledge.
Neurologically-speaking, schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same parts of the brain and often there's little difference between the two, but people would rather be Spiritual with all of its connotations than they would be headcases with all of thoise connotations. I'm schizophrenic/dissociative and have worked in mental health. I'd hazard a guess that the friend you gave the healing to already had a potential mental health issue and the Reiki triggered it rather than caused it. Chakras and/or don't cause mental health issues and sometimes the issues are caused by physical factors, such as chemical imbalances.

There's a very thin line between Spirituality and mental health as most people who are Spiritual and have the guts to admit they have mental health issues will tell you. Sometimes a Spiritual awakening is not a Spiritual awakening, it's an inability to admit to having issues - or a fear of admitting. And sometimes the "call to the Spiritual world of knowledge" is just denial, it's better to think of yourself as Spiritual rather than being a headcase. Looking for 'Spiritual solutions' to mental health disorders is naive at best and not actually very Spiritual, because often the people that come up with sich things have very little experience of mental health.
Old 13-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Looking for 'Spiritual solutions' to mental health disorders is naive at best and not actually very Spiritual, because often the people that come up with sich things have very little experience of mental health.

very interesting reply :)

My friend did have "some" mental issues before aswell, correcto.

Spiritual solution for a mental health issue is for me the optimal thing if its achievable, I may not have the same experience as you with the mentally ill so It would be very interesting if you could elaborate on what solutions/treatments you think are for the best.(if possible even for specific diagnosis, this site is a fountain of knowledge ;)

I know that the medicine solution do have a success rate to some degree but the cons of being on anti-psychotics for example especially in the long run are truly diabolical, even on paper.
Old 14-07-2020, 10:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak
very interesting reply :)

My friend did have "some" mental issues before aswell, correcto.

Spiritual solution for a mental health issue is for me the optimal thing if its achievable, I may not have the same experience as you with the mentally ill so It would be very interesting if you could elaborate on what solutions/treatments you think are for the best.(if possible even for specific diagnosis, this site is a fountain of knowledge ;)

I know that the medicine solution do have a success rate to some degree but the cons of being on anti-psychotics for example especially in the long run are truly diabolical, even on paper.
If you knew that your friend had mental health issues and you tried to 'cure' him/her anyway then I'd suggest that there's something very important you take from that.

There's a plethora of reasons and mental health issues that are caused by so many different sources, it's just not possible to elaborate on possible treatments. It all depends on the individual. Sometimes it simply can't be cured as far as modern science goes. With respect, you asking the question in the first place means that you don't have enough of a grasp of the issues. In this case a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as you have already found out.

My mother has advanced dementia and my wife had a brain-bleed that destroyed a part of her brain. What Spiritual solution do you suggest?

What people don't want to think about is the consequences of someone having a mental health issue that can cause harm to themselves and others. I've seen a young girl sitting quivering with fear and sitting in a puddle of her own urine after having a psychotic episode. That's what happened because her medication was disrupted. Another jumped off a bridge because God had told her to do it, luckily she survived but spent a lot of time in a full body splint. If you have a Spiritual solution to those then you could revolutionise modern psychiatry. But yes, any medication - and even sometimes the humble painkiller - can have side-effects. But then there are no viable alternatives other than causing serious harm to the sufferer or people around them.
Old 14-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If you knew that your friend had mental health issues and you tried to 'cure' him/her anyway then I'd suggest that there's something very important you take from that.

There's a plethora of reasons and mental health issues that are caused by so many different sources, it's just not possible to elaborate on possible treatments. It all depends on the individual. Sometimes it simply can't be cured as far as modern science goes. With respect, you asking the question in the first place means that you don't have enough of a grasp of the issues. In this case a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as you have already found out.

My mother has advanced dementia and my wife had a brain-bleed that destroyed a part of her brain. What Spiritual solution do you suggest?

What people don't want to think about is the consequences of someone having a mental health issue that can cause harm to themselves and others. I've seen a young girl sitting quivering with fear and sitting in a puddle of her own urine after having a psychotic episode. That's what happened because her medication was disrupted. Another jumped off a bridge because God had told her to do it, luckily she survived but spent a lot of time in a full body splint. If you have a Spiritual solution to those then you could revolutionise modern psychiatry. But yes, any medication - and even sometimes the humble painkiller - can have side-effects. But then there are no viable alternatives other than causing serious harm to the sufferer or people around them.

It wasnt that he was a danger to himself or others, he had never been medicated(Or he lied about it, most likely not) and I didnt try to cure him from some mental illness, the main reason for the reiki session was to let go off old emotions/stagnant energy, which he also did but an uncontrolled rate/speed. Lessons learned.

The reason I asked the question about what you think would be a suitable approach for a treatment of people who are considered to be mentally ill is because you obviously have another perspective on this and other experiences and I thought it would be interesting to get to know more about what you think its optimal as treatment, speculative/hypothetical ofcourse.
Also I thought by refering to schitzophrenia and psychosis in my posts that it was clear thats what I was asking about, obviously it was not and I will try my best to be more specific/precise in the future.

That there are no viable alternatives to modern medication without doing harm in the examples you provided(the last two) is not something I will ever allow myself to believe and I truly hope that fear will not stop people from trying different things. Having only the option of drugs or no drugs+withdrawal from drugs is most likely a culprit of these horror stories that seem to seep into every nook and cranny of the internet(I believe you ofcourse, thats not my point)

For anti-psychotic drugs there is a side effect that reduces the gray matter in the brain starting about 2 years or so of medicating with a high enough dosage. Was a couple of years ago I read about that specific side effect so dont quote me on it but im certain its something like that, I talked with a guy who sell those drugs and he said the gray matter is not something you need anyway.
Might aswell remove all of it at once then to get some more headspace, and then the spleen also perhaps.

This is a Major(emphasis on the Major) drug industry and if I where to find a solution which always worked and everyone could stop medicating then both the solution aswell as myself would most likely dissapear.
"Permanent paranoid illusion label imminent"

Not having the knowledge about what kind of medication to put someone on who displays certain behaviors is not something I consider a requirement to be able to discuss this topic.
I know enough to see that further knowledge in that direction is not something Im interested in actively pursuing, I do enjoy reading a post about it or having a quick back and forth at most, hence why I asked you questions.

Also, I will not take any responsibility for other peoples triggers(especially those im not aware off) but I will say that I meant no harm in anything I wrote, at all. Well wishes:)

Last edited by Karak : 14-07-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 14-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Pathfinder

I follow this thread with great interest.
As I see, nearly everyone agrees that "natural" problems, that result from:
- genetics;
- trauma;
- sickness of other organs;
are either incurable completely or are in need of standard pharmaceuticals. As such, we can more talk about "control of symptoms" rather than cures...

In your opinion(s) are there mental health issues (not related to the 3 categories above) that can be cured by the things we discuss/practice?
Are multiple personalities occupations by multiple lost souls? Schizophrenia is a self-induced or externally-induced division? Is depression an energy parasite? And related to the prior: is manic-depressive a in/out (visiting) energy parasite?

I ask from a tripartite perspective:
- my own brush with insanity quite recently, from the opening to certain realms and their beings;
- dark work done on me by the dark practitioners (either old work, discovered during my progress or current "attacks");
- dark (and even evil) work I have seen/felt in other individuals during my own work "up there" (strangers to me - I didn't know either implanter/manipulator nor the victim in the physical realm).