Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-06-2020, 10:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Imagining vs. remembering doesn't matter (practically speaking), IMO. There's no telling if what one remembers is accurate or just imaginatively constructed post facto in any case. Whatever gives one a 'handle' on what one is 'facing' is worth experimentally 'working' with, IMO.

In my case, for (one) example, having (as a teenager) had vivid movie-script-like 'dreams' of 'shooting' 'enemy' soldiers coming over a ridge only to have them multiply from one to two and then four, etc. until I realized I was going to be 'overwhelmed', I figured that that kind of (failing!) strategy must have been a characteristic of mine in a previous life. In this life, using "What you resist persists!" (LOA) as a working hypothesis, I freed myself of thinking/feeling I could 'get rid' of things I didn't like by willfully 'eliminating' them. Not that I gave up being 'combative' as I'm sure you have seen. Just that I became more functionally creative (i.e. savvy) in dealing with what I 'saw' as being personally 'oppositional' and.or 'frustrating'.

I hope this 'answers' your Q satisfactorily. Please feel free to P.M. me if you would like to confidentially run some "some irrational phobia or talent or affinity that you have," Intuire, and I'll (also confidentially) share whatever ideas come to (my) mind as possibly being 'problem solving' in said regard. I have a background as a therapist and spiritual counselor/coach. No pressure to think, feel or do like 'me' - just (possibly) a way of your getting 'leads' in relation to your present situation which you might (or might not ) find worthwhile exploring.

Thank you for clarifying it, it's more clear now. I don't have any particular phobias or talents at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind, thank you.
Old 30-06-2020, 05:23 AM
Pathfinder

When I had started to see spirits frequently and had prophetic dreams over a 2-3 month period I was very scared. I thought i was becoming schizophrenic. It was something that was bothering me a lot but I was scared to tell people my problem because I thought they would think I was schizophrenic. I learned to accept it.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
I do enjoy observing birds, but I am not sure if I fully relate to them yet. Whenever I think of myself in terms of 'spirit animal' or 'animal totem' (not sure how to call it), I imagine a horse, or maybe a winged horse, but still on the ground. Or in between the ground and the sky.

The having a goal part confuses me still, the old me needed to have one in sight to prevent myself from becoming depressed (and yes, whenever I'd fail to achieve them, it'd lead to depression too), but I'm not sure how it all now fits into ascension and living in the here and now. I still have ambition, not in terms of wanting fortune, fame, etc, but more in terms of being good at what I do, and wanting to improve. Is this still ego? And is there a reason my awakening/ascension happened in my late twenties and not at some other time? Should that tell me something about my life path?
Which is where you're at, somewhere between the ground and the sky. Jung would call it an avatar of the unconscious, it's the conscious mind trying to send messages to the conscious mind.

There's nothing wrong with having goals as long as they're realistic and achievable, that's the secret. What they often do is give you something to work towards and a set 'marker' if you can achieve them. Handling disappointment is the flipside of setting goals, what to do how to deal with the outcome. Having goals tells you something about yourself and that's the understanding - looking at the goals themselves and your reasons for having them. And what happens after that. Some would say that if you don't have goals in your Life all you'll do is wander aimlessly. There is no conflict between having goals and living in the here and now as long as you take the perspective that goals are something you aim for but you still Live in the here and now. There's nothing wrong in thinking "I wanna be a Spiritual guru" yet still focussing on where your feet are right here right now.

If you can function you have an ego, few people in this forum really understand the ego and how it operates and most people who claim to be experts on the ego invented everything they know. Having ambition is ego too, as is being more Spiritual so you're not the only one in this forum with an ego. I have one too.

Did you have an awakening/ascension or did you go through what so many people go through at the same age? I've seen so many going on about their 'Spiritual awakening' but really it's another phase that's as natural as it gets. Going through an 'awakening' at that age - I did too - happens to pretty much everybody. Often people tend to change late-20s early-30s or so. Looking for rhyme and reason is pretty common too, it's called 'the need for agency' and it's pretty human, it's the basic need to know that there is meaning in our Lives after all, that Life is not mere happenstance. People look externally for what they already have internally.
Old 30-06-2020, 03:29 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Which is where you're at, somewhere between the ground and the sky. Jung would call it an avatar of the unconscious, it's the conscious mind trying to send messages to the conscious mind.

There's nothing wrong with having goals as long as they're realistic and achievable, that's the secret. What they often do is give you something to work towards and a set 'marker' if you can achieve them. Handling disappointment is the flipside of setting goals, what to do how to deal with the outcome. Having goals tells you something about yourself and that's the understanding - looking at the goals themselves and your reasons for having them. And what happens after that. Some would say that if you don't have goals in your Life all you'll do is wander aimlessly. There is no conflict between having goals and living in the here and now as long as you take the perspective that goals are something you aim for but you still Live in the here and now. There's nothing wrong in thinking "I wanna be a Spiritual guru" yet still focussing on where your feet are right here right now.

If you can function you have an ego, few people in this forum really understand the ego and how it operates and most people who claim to be experts on the ego invented everything they know. Having ambition is ego too, as is being more Spiritual so you're not the only one in this forum with an ego. I have one too.

Did you have an awakening/ascension or did you go through what so many people go through at the same age? I've seen so many going on about their 'Spiritual awakening' but really it's another phase that's as natural as it gets. Going through an 'awakening' at that age - I did too - happens to pretty much everybody. Often people tend to change late-20s early-30s or so. Looking for rhyme and reason is pretty common too, it's called 'the need for agency' and it's pretty human, it's the basic need to know that there is meaning in our Lives after all, that Life is not mere happenstance. People look externally for what they already have internally.

You're making it sound as if there is nothing special about what is happening to me. Perhaps not in comparison to others, and perhaps it does happen to everyone and it is as natural as it gets, but it's still a big deal to me..Why make it sound insignificant?

I used to defend from having an ego, but I guess I do have one too.

As for goals, well how do I know what's achievable and what's not unless I try to achieve them and either fail or succeed? Meaning to say it only becomes apparent at the end of the road, I don't think I can know in advance.

What spirit animal do you relate to and why btw? Same question to Davidson if he wants to answer.

As for prophetic dreams, Scorpius, what are they usually about?
Old 08-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
As for goals, well how do I know what's achievable and what's not unless I try to achieve them and either fail or succeed? Meaning to say it only becomes apparent at the end of the road, I don't think I can know in advance.

There is an issue in the above statement: the length of your trial. How long can you continue pushing against walls and darkness without any signs of progress, guidance, proof that this is a quest/challenge with an end result (achievable, hopefully) and not just endless darkness out of which there is no exit and there actually is NO end-goal set for you? Optimism gets you only part of the way. Then, maybe a hard/dedicated soul and tolerance of pain. But, beyond some point (different for us all), how do you keep pushing?

I went through a year of no light at end of tunnel, and the movie-styled "and the hero kept his belief and pushed on regardless" was just that - a movie/comic/book fallacy, that your crushed soul finds no support in.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Why it is coinciding and what is the remedy to cure those side effects or where should people go for solving those?
it's not coinciding for me -- I'm schizophrenic and I'm fine as long as I'm not around evil people who mess with me - spiritual awakening happened long before schizophrenia did ---- the remedy is simple - get away from the evil that attacks your life - people should go where no one messes with them

just like the guy in this video ---- I love this guy -- this guy is me 100% --- he talks about playing the piano - but the closest thing I can relate to playing the piano is typing on my laptop keys - so maybe I stand or sit different when I do that

just pretend that every time this guy says he wants to play the piano - pretend that I am saying I want to build my own house --- and you will see me 100% clearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzeGNT0Acc

I don't think there's anything wrong with this guy at all - he just has an issue with manifesting his dream
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_demi
There is an issue in the above statement: the length of your trial. How long can you continue pushing against walls and darkness without any signs of progress, guidance, proof that this is a quest/challenge with an end result (achievable, hopefully) and not just endless darkness out of which there is no exit and there actually is NO end-goal set for you? Optimism gets you only part of the way. Then, maybe a hard/dedicated soul and tolerance of pain. But, beyond some point (different for us all), how do you keep pushing?

I went through a year of no light at end of tunnel, and the movie-styled "and the hero kept his belief and pushed on regardless" was just that - a movie/comic/book fallacy, that your crushed soul finds no support in.
I empathize with the experience of 'endless darkness', demi.

Just want to say that (based on my theory) I believe that if your 'soul' (as differentiated from your 'ego') was totally 'crushed', you would not even be here.

My theory (reflecting my personal experience):

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...# post1851414
Old 09-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Ascender
Quote:
it's not coinciding for me -- I'm schizophrenic and I'm fine as long as I'm not around evil people who mess with me - spiritual awakening happened long before schizophrenia did ---- the remedy is simple - get away from the evil that attacks your life - people should go where no one messes with them

it seems that it's a lot more serious than I realized -- I'm okay in Oregon but no so okay here -
Old 09-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I empathize with the experience of 'endless darkness', demi.

Just want to say that (based on my theory) I believe that if your 'soul' (as differentiated from your 'ego') was totally 'crushed', you would not even be here.

I was told, much later, that the total breakdown within ultimate darkness was due to a plan for my resetting, brutal and ruthless in itself, upon which a series of attacks were overlain from other entities.
It got so bad that the protector (and "plan coordinator") couldn't even get through. Only afterwards we explained stuff to each other, but neither I am what I was supposed to be, nor is my relationship with the entity above (and not in a good way).
Old 09-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_demi
It got so bad that the protector (and "plan coordinator") couldn't even get through. Only afterwards we explained stuff to each other, but neither I am what I was supposed to be, nor is my relationship with the entity above (and not in a good way).
Yah, it can get pretty complicated in the case of 'complex' folks. Simple-tons have it easier.

You may(?) get some workable ideas from reading Casteneda's first four book, in which he talks about what it takes, in terms of personal intent and commitment, to become a 'successful' spiritual 'Warrior' - and how having a 'worthy' (meaning potentially 'deadly'!) opponent can be a do-or-die 'gift' in such process.

Or maybe(?), if you earnestly ask for and open your self to 'positive' guidance, the spirit you references as your "plan coordinator" or some of her/his cohorts you will see what you have to do as well as the way to do so.

We all meet challenges which are commensurate with the level of our soul development. Best wishes!