Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Simon Karlos

Bunny "Be still, and know that I AM God."

"Be still, and know that I AM God."

This well-known Biblical quote is actually a reference to meditation and "enlightenment," to awakening to the Reality-That-You-Are. The reason why it says "Be still" is simply because the very nature of this Reality that some call God IS stillness. Clearly, the human mind is never "still" in itself, yet through meditation one can actually "drop" the mind, surrender it, and know the Perfect, Still Reality, the Absolute. Other references to this same, Silent, Still Reality can be found throughout the "holy texts" and metaphysical philosophies, and even through old phrases such as "the still, small voice within." Stillness is something that the human ego usually fights against, and rightfully so, because the mere idea of "stillness" suggests its "annihilation," its end, and so the VERY LAST THING it wants is for you to be still!

"Ego Death"

Stillness is so feared that the human mind creates many obstacles to avoid it, such as it's over-fascination with time/space, duality, and "multidimensional reality." Once it gets hold of the idea of "you are multidimensional beings" (which is true as far as conditioned consciousness or "All-That-Is" is concerned), it often thinks it has found the end-all spiritual philosophy, the "theory of everything," while not realizing that surrendering to Stillness doesn't mean that the time/space/creation illusion is not respected and regarded for having its place. "Be still, and know that I AM God" is the ultimate--and only--ticket to truly understanding the nature of the True Self, and this gives you a sense of mastery over the the illusions of the mind. Contemplate this: "Where does the idea of time/space being an illusion arise from?" It obviously doesn't originate from the human personality mind that is so entrenched in time/space/dualistic thinking! "Where does the idea of 'Zero Point' arise from?" When you really get to the heart of it, in true self-honesty, you'll realize that the ego cannot originate any concept that would suggest its own death. This is why in the dream, the illusion we call "reality," we have the "Higher Self." The Higher Self GAVE you such concepts to help awaken you from your assumptions that time/space/creation have anything to do with Stillness Itself. Stillness "speaks" to us through these ideas of "Being still," in other words, while remaining perfectly untouched by the noise of the mind and its creations. Understanding the nature of creation AT BEST has been clearly perceived by sages as a "dream," or "dream-like." They realized that they cannot serve two "masters" (both time and timelessness). It's impossible. Yet, in a sense the ONLY WAY to "serve both" is through transcending all notions of time. How can you understand timelessness through holding onto such human concepts of an "ever-expanding universe" or "expanding consciousness." You cannot. There is no such thing as true stillness in a universe where "change is the only constant," nor can there be real silence in a universe of sound vibration, and Stillness and Silence are actually the same Reality. The universe merely mimics stillness, which fools the eyes, and mimics silence, which fools the ears. Therefore, where did this idea of "stillness" arise from? Because we are really God, we cannot totally forget our True Nature. Our intuition retains "memory" of our Divine Reality. Actually, GOD is the only Constant! Our own science demonstrates that NOTHING is still. Not even "dark matter" is still. One can learn to be happy that she has SOME human concepts that were clearly inspired by a Mind that isn't limited to such strict linear assumptions of time. Yes, notions of Stillness seem utterly impractical to most, yet a few seekers here have a good understanding of what this article points to, which cannot be conveyed in words. Even Eckhart Tolle literally stutters sometimes when speaking about this "Timeless Dimension," as he has called it. The nervous system is not equipped to handle Infinite Energy, in other words, which is related to why some sages have appeared to "go mad" after awakening to their True Nature. We are all wearing the PINK BUNNY SUIT while seemingly incarnated as humans, whether we realize it or not.

Practical Spirituality

What could be more practical than discovering your True Nature? This, of course, isn't for everyone to discover in terms of where they are currently focused in attention and personal belief, but it is in the interest of more and more seekers these days. This article is not about finding "enlightenment" as it is commonly perceived, as an "attainment." You cannot "attain" What you already Are. It is about REMOVING THE BLINDERS, the false assumptions, that prevent clear understanding of the Self. This is not an intellectual understanding. The human intellect understands nothing, except that it has a sense of I AM. That is its one shiny treasure that can be polished off by the Higher Self, and when this occurs, as a human you are forever transformed into a "Christed" man or woman, no longer buying into the notion that you are limited to time and expansion of consciousness.

Last edited by Simon Karlos : 24-04-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 25-04-2011, 02:29 PM
clovelly

Your always in inspiration Simon.
Since I just spent a weekend at a meditation retreat your words are so appropriate for where I'm focused at the moment.
It's true our intellect/mind cannot give us answers or connect with god & our higher selves. The thoughts need to be silenced so there's room for our higher spirits/true energy can be felt.

Too see, close your eyes, silence the mind & look within.
Old 25-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
Same here Simon. You are an inspiration.
The word "practice" is very timely for me and I would say in reflection after reading this that I do avoid "stillness".
I guess I have always felt that it should come naturally.
What I see that I didn't use to is that yes it is natural but it is hidden by other habits of the mind.
Which as you suggested are bad in themselves. It's just that they can rule instead of follow.
Nice post....James
Old 25-04-2011, 02:53 PM
clovelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Same here Simon. You are an inspiration.
The word "practice" is very timely for me and I would say in reflection after reading this that I do avoid "stillness".
I guess I have always felt that it should come naturally.
What I see that I didn't use to is that yes it is natural but it is hidden by other habits of the mind.
Which as you suggested are bad in themselves. It's just that they can rule instead of follow.
Nice post....James

Creating stillness can be just like exercise.
We need to work at it for it come naturally, put a full stop after each thought, and then we need practise to maintain & strengthen it.
Damn......I love being lazy!
Old 25-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovelly
Creating stillness can be just like exercise.
We need to work at it for it come naturally, put a full stop after each thought, and then we need practise to maintain & strengthen it.
Damn......I love being lazy!

Yes this seems to be my lesson for the day! lol

I'm listening......................

Thank you!

James
Old 25-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Hi Simon.. Great thread..thought u might light to know "Be still and know that I am God" is a great thing to repeat ..if you ever gets the spooks up!

I changed the God to the Word ..LOVE
suited me better :)
God after all said " I am that I am " or something along those lines is that right?

Blessings and a smile
:)
Old 25-04-2011, 04:57 PM
That is one of my top 7 phrases I love from the Bible. Psalm 46:10.
I bought a beautiful painted old sign with that on it.
I love it.
And nothing is truer!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Master
LOL I missed your I am sorry ..its 3.00 am here off to bed in sec.

The mind can become still as pointed out ..many people use meditation and watch their thoughts.. walking does it too.. after a while u just look at the thoughts popping in and out .. like you feel like an observer to a programs runny in one mine... very interesting....!
Old 25-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Master
Ok bedtime.. I just spooked me

xox
Old 28-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Simon Karlos

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Ok bedtime.. I just spooked me

xox

::stares with wide open eyes and an open mouth at Smiler's tattoo!::