Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 03-08-2020, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Thank you for this. Lynn and other admin would appreciate any information about this---any recommendations anyone might have....and cost estimates.

Even if we can only afford to keep the site in the current version, it would be worth it for so many. I can see that so clearly now reading all of these posts.

Just..... maybe, ....... nothing has to be changed.

It is possible that replacing the old server with a new server ...... possibly 50 times faster could do the 'trick'. Faster server, faster upload and download speeds.......

A newer version of the software would probably make another major improvement.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
If you and the admin wanted to give this place a facelift, (for the record I like it as is, but that's beside the point) I would be happy to contribute a good chunk to help cover the expense. I want to help keep the lights on if I can.

If on the other hand Lynn is truly ready to move on, I fully support her decision.

Flexi-Girl, there is a Donate! button on the main page under the Home button. they take PayPal. Click the box that says to give them your email address and they can link you to the money being set aside for updates.

I made my first donation today.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:11 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Flexi-Girl, there is a Donate! button on the main page under the Home button. they take PayPal. Click the box that says to give them your email address and they can link you to the money being set aside for updates.

I made my first donation today.

$200 starting donation made.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 AM
Master
$250.00 starting donation made.

If more is needed, more will be made available.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:59 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
$250.00 starting donation made.

If more is needed, more will be made available.

Hugs to you!
Old 03-08-2020, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello to all who have replied! The outpouring is tremendous and has deeply touched my heart! Let me start by saying that I am 100% committed to keeping the site going. I am also very happy to keep paying the hosting fees. Donations are always lovely and welcomed, but please don't feel pressured at all. I don't mind covering all the costs where that is concerned. The most important thing for me is to sustain the site---which is clearly a beloved safe, educational, inspirational, and supportive place for so many.

I was telling admin that even if just a handful of people remain as time goes on, I'm realising SF live would remain a valued place. Sometimes just knowing "home" is there, even if you can't visit all the time, that is enough. In my heart, I feel Matt would agree. He was a very sentimental person---he saved little momentos, special books and letters. He had a very poetic, deep heart. Being back on the site, I start remembering that all over again. It would feel devastating to close down a place that has touched so many hearts.

I know there will be a lot of communication and work needed amongst the very dedicated admin, but please know I am supporting the site staying live and am very happy to continue the financial support for the desktop version we currently have. There has been some talk about creating a mobile-friendly version as well, and it is my understanding this is very expensive. Perhaps it won't be possible or even necessary. But even if we can only afford to maintain what currently is, I believe most would be ecstatic about that. Knowing how many people love this site, my heart would feel so much better continuing the effort to keep it here.

Thank you all for reaching out and expressing your love!
Hello annonafox and thank you

SF is very dear to me (as you said, sentimental!) and I am incredibly grateful that you would consider keeping it afloat as it means a lot to so many people, including myself. It is a very special, very peaceful and supportive place for which I have never found anything similar - so again, I am so grateful you are considering keeping it alive! I have made so many friends here.

I would be delighted if SF continued even in just its desktop version as I'm aware how expensive forum upgrades can get (we can always wait until smartphone upgrades become so commonplace they are much cheaper ). I would also be more than delighted to pay a regular forum subscription fee to help cover costs - anything you think might make it easier for the admin/mod team to keep SF alive! :)

In past forums I've frequented, I understand that mods and admins at times get tired and may yearn to return to the joy of posting as a member with no administrative responsibility - if that has ever been an issue here, I would be very supportive of SF mods 'taking a break' and re-shouldering their mod cloaks if/when they feel ready (and if that's not the issue, then totally fine and please ignore).

I've just seen some posts about a donate button - let me go find it so I can donate some money :)
Old 03-08-2020, 03:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Nothing like a rush of heart felt goodbyes to make one realise the value of what one has

Correct. It did lead me to explore other forums some of which i found interesting and may even join. Also helped me to see that perhaps we've become too dependent on some form of social media. Judging by our reaction to this. It can be an addiction. I feel we need to be honest with ourselves about this. Even to those just lurking about.

Come to think of it. I believe i explored this forum about a year or two before i even joined.

To continue or discontinue. That is the question.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Correct. It did lead me to explore other forums some of which i found interesting and may even join. Also helped me to see that perhaps we've become too dependent on some form of social media. Judging by our reaction to this. It can be an addiction. I feel we need to be honest with ourselves about this. Even to those just lurking about.

Come to think of it. I believe i explored this forum about a year or two before i even joined.

To continue or discontinue. That is the question.

As someone with focus and attention issues, pretty much anything which is not housework or require real and concrete "adulting" skills can be an addiction for me hahaha... Preach, choir hehe.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Flexi-Girl[/b]]$200 starting donation made.
\
YOU ARE AWESOME
Old 03-08-2020, 03:25 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

Thank You !

I have a "Techy" to help us now that understands the site back room running's. We have "Up Grades" coming really soon.

We can not move from V Bulliten and there is no reason to leave them they are very helpful once I got the access to work with them. I now have full access so life for me will be easier to run things.

I have new "TOOLS" at my finger tips to use for approvals that in itself is HUGE for me in that I have hundreds of spam applications daily.

Life goes on please participate.

Lynn
SF Admin