Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-05-2023, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Actually Americans today speak a different kind of English then many British do today.
Reminds me of the quote attributed to George Bernard Shaw where he described Britain and America as "two countries divided by a common language."

Peace
Old 27-05-2023, 08:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
The Padgett Messages clear up many of the less credible claims made in the Gospels. These are that Jesus is not divine and should not be worshipped as God; that he did not perform the role of a blood sacrifice on the cross to deliver salvation to humanity; there was no Virgin Birth - his conception was through natural biological means; his body and blood are never present in Christian Holy Communion services; he did not found a church but remained an adherent of the Jewish faith; and he did not perform any miracles.
Going back to this original post (and I have not got round to reading The Padgett Messages), it seems to be saying that Jesus was just an ordinary bloke who preached a message of love and forgiveness. And there is nothing wrong with such a message. And I certainly would not look to the Biblical gospels for historical accuracy - in many respects these gospels do not even agree with each other.

But there is the idea put forward by other sources that Jesus (the man) was a spiritual Initiate of a certain degree who at a certain stage of his life was overlighted by a yet higher Consciousness, the Christ. And so he began his ministry, but whether or not he was ever crucified remains open to question.

I actually have no problem with the miracles. If we read the biographies of the Yogis of India then such "miracles" occur frequently. And a miracle is simply something which cannot be explained by the laws of Nature as we understand them. If we had a greater understanding then all these miracles would be seen to conform to natural laws. The Yogi understands these laws and has mastered them, but they remain beyond us (for now).

Peace
Old 27-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
British people go to the part of the spirit world inhabited by new arrivals from Britain, so English is spoken. It is the same for all other countries so a multitude of different languages are spoken, just like on Earth.
Another perspective is that people are drawn to whichever astral realm corresponds to their own vibration. So those from Britain would be drawn to an astral version of Britain, surrounded by others from Britain (and perhaps still enjoying a cup of tea). And the same for other nationalities.

But this diversity may only apply up to a certain level. Beyond that the nationality of our previous physical existence might become irrelevant. We are all simply humans engaged in learning, whatever our appearance.

And regarding appearance, we might tend to have the same appearance as we had on Earth but as we were in our prime. But by all accounts this is simply habitual - it is not fixed. We can change our appearance with a simple thought, and if we feel more comfortable appearing as someone from another race (perhaps because of past life associations) then this is easily done.

I always feel with Benson that he describes what he has seen and understood but there is much that he has not seen and has yet to understand. Just my opinion.

Peace
Old 28-05-2023, 02:27 AM
Master
My whole thing is that everyone has the answer right inside of them, but I am amused that many have not found that answer yet, because it gives me the opportunity to act like a teacher and them to act like a student. We all know about the afterlife, we came here from there.

Our indoctrination to this physical world has made us strangers to our own true selves. I am no longer looking for answers, I am growing into the answer which I have found within myself. We are all teachers and students simultaneously. I was a college professor and I know to be a good teacher you have to be a good student.

There are so many interpretations out there; the thing for me is to show respect whether I accept or reject an interpretation. In my opinion love is the common ground which transcends differences. If I put you down I put myself down and if I lift you up I do the same to me.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 28-05-2023, 05:57 AM
Master

I tend to agree with Iamthat and Starman.

Regarding a body on the otherside. I have read many times that what you imagine your body to be, then it will be, and you can change it at will through thought. So I guess we are all so conditioned to having a body so we imagine the same in the Astral.

But, what if you don’t want to imagine your same body over there and you want to be shown the truth of who/what you REALLY are. What would we be then? So is it back to consciousness?

I mean I have read many times that there are another six levels after the Astral level and I feel a body wouldn’t be needed in these states so somewhere along the line the body WILL be discarded so why not discard it at the very beginning and move up the line ha ha

Sorry guys couldn’t resist that one but it’s typical me. I just can’t see the point of prancing around the Astral being who I was here. If there’s an option of being something/someone else and improving and growing then ide prefer that. So then you ask, can my imagination discard the body and take me there instead.

Oh yeah the mind boggles hey.
Old 28-05-2023, 05:25 PM
Master
Redchic12, my opinion; we are all co-creators and most impulsively create, that is why we have the drama, or play, here on Earth and some will continue that drama or play in the afterlife on the astral planes. No judgment intended.

Letting go is difficult for many here on Earth so they continue to hang on even after they have left this earth. It may be conditioning or addiction to a certain way of being. It may be their beliefs of how they think it is or should be. Faith, or what we believe, can be very powerful.

I speculate that we created our own physical body in our mother’s womb, and if we do not have a clear image of what we want in a human body, then we may create haphazardly; genetics from the womb we have consciously or unconsciously chosen notwithstanding. Most people right here on earth create haphazardly.

To transcend we say in our heart and mind, thy will not my will. We do not let our mind and imagination run us, rather we learn how to master our own being, and gain skill with our own being. Its’ like driving a car, some drive haphazardly, some go sightseeing, while others go directly down the road. No right or wrong, just journey and how we travel it.
Old 28-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I mean I have read many times that there are another six levels after the Astral level and I feel a body wouldn’t be needed in these states so somewhere along the line the body WILL be discarded so why not discard it at the very beginning and move up the line ha ha ... . I just can’t see the point of prancing around the Astral being who I was here.
I often ponder on this - what determines how long we hold on to the astral form before discarding it?

There seem to be many possible factors:
  • Ignorance as to what may lie beyond so there is no immediate motivation to move on.
  • Attachment to our previous identity and a reluctance to let go of that identity.
  • Life on the astral may be so pleasant and comfortable after the limitations of Earthly existence that we are quite content where we are.
  • Whatever our interests are on Earth, we can pursue these interests to a much greater extent on the astral, so how attached are we to these pursuits?
  • We still have lessons to learn at the astral level so we are simply not ready to move on.
  • Assuming that we find ourselves on an astral level which corresponds to our own vibration, we cannot move on to a finer level without having refined our own vibrations to match.
By all accounts there are borders between astral levels beyond which the individual cannot pass until they have developed the capacity to function comfortably at these more refined levels.

So while I may imagine discarding my astral body as soon as possible after physical death, I may find that I have to go through the same progression as everyone else unless I have really cleared and purified my astral body before physical death.

As always, I am not stating that this is how it is - these ideas reflect my current understanding.

An afterthought. I recall that Gordon Phinn comments on this in his books on the afterlife. He says that very few are willing to let go of their attachment to form to pursue that which lies beyond form, but for those who are willing to make this sacrifice the rewards are immense.

Peace
Old 28-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I often ponder on this - what determines how long we hold on to the astral form before discarding it?

.... discarding my astral body .... unless I have really cleared and purified my astral body before physical death.
Never heard this said before, the bolded. I started a thread here once ...
What are you doing to prepare for the Afterlife?
So I'm interested in the bolded ...can you comment more? :)

Me? I'm preparing by practicing Thought Control for one thing...I don't wanna be over there thinking nutty thoughts
every one can hear...no, that's not really the reason.
And having God be a major focus...after all Jesus said, Seek the Kingdom, first...that's where God is!! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-05-2023, 11:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What are you doing to prepare for the Afterlife?
Me? I'm preparing by practicing Thought Control for one thing...I don't wanna be over there thinking nutty thoughts every one can hear...
What am I doing? Sounds like I'm doing the same as you - practising Thought Control, cultivating the higher emotions (love for the Divine, serenity, compassion). Nothing mysterious, no particular yogic purification rituals.

Because from various accounts, when we get to the astral realms we are like an open book. Initially at least, our thoughts and emotions are there for everyone to see. The density of the physical body acts as a shield to our inner processes, and once we have discarded this shield then all is on display. So yes, I too don't want to be thinking nutty thoughts which everyone can hear.

And I would like to bypass the lower and middle astral realms which means raising my emotional and mental vibrations before I depart this world. Whether I can achieve this is another matter.

Peace
Old 29-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Master
In my opinion how we feel is what we have attuned to; touch, or feeling, is the primordial sensation that every other sensation is based on. It is a vibration, as everything else is. Thought is a coarse and often complex vibration and so is the human body, and many of our emotions.

I attempt to attune to finer and finer vibrations. If I feel nothing, then nothing is a vibration which I aspire to attune to. We only call it nothing because it is a much finer vibration then what we may be used to. Silence is a very fine vibration also, it is one of the simplest vibrations I have come to know.

I view the transcendent experience of the afterlife as a form of osmosis. We rise to realms that are similar to the dominant vibration which we have nurtured. This may involve while we are here on Earth learning to let go of all of the other harsher vibrations which may surround us.

It may involve surrendering to the most finest, or least coarse, vibration we can experience. Experience is the sensation of making contact with, or attuning to, something. We even might learn to transcend, or let go of, pain, fear, or other brittle sensations.

For me that also means being careful with images, like television, movies, and music, which I may put in my mind. Words I might use or latching on to words others may use. All of these may influence our vibration. It requires a detachment from both positive and negative, as they are both part of duality. Nurturing the experience of oneness is where it is at for me.

What we attune to transforms the cells in our physical body. These days there are times when I feel transparent, translucent, or absolutely clear without thought; for me this is a desirable vibration to attune to. It is an unmasking, non-pretentious detached state, where you don’t even relate to your own physical body. Its there but you know its’ not you.

When I came into this world I was very fine, very, very, fine. Then I started defining things and lost my fineness. So eventually I went out trying to find that fineness once more, and when I found it, I started to become fine again, very, very, fine.