Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-05-2023, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is a big difference between what we believe and what we experience.
Belief, in my opinion, is an interpretation of experience. Experience without any interpretation or belief is pure.
Hi! Any comment on belief without an exp.?
You know, just believing because someone said something, wrote something 1000s of years ago?
Hope is probably in the mix, maybe a gut feeling?

Added: Blind faith, I'd say.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2023, 08:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
in those languages people use different words, different messages, to describe the same thing. Most religions on Earth have evolved from their original teachings, according to the evolution of culture and language spoken. Personally, I do not view God as patriarchal, but that is just my particular point of view.

Even this word, "God, (or "Heavenly Father" or other variations) -- don't the Taoists say "The Tao that can be spoken, is not the true Tao."

Can we turn around and point to this inner source? It feels to me it's more that it envelops.

I do find it harder to enunciate. And yet, agree that language has evolved in many ways and forms to point to the ineffable..

Re: language, I recall a Buddhist teacher (Ajahn Chah) once said we all communicate with the heart, and that is why we can have loving relationships with animals even though we don't speak their language. He himself taught many students from the West when he only spoke Thai.

I don't know what language is spoken, but I imagine there are modalities of communication, if such things are so.

pixiedust
Old 27-05-2023, 08:57 AM
Master

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi! Any comment on belief without an exp.?
Belief without experience is in the realm of belief.
Old 27-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Language in Afterlife

In answer to what languages are spoken in the afterlife Robert Hugh Benson provides the answer. British people go to the part of the spirit world inhabited by new arrivals from Britain, so English is spoken. It is the same for all other countries so a multitude of different languages are spoken, just like on Earth.
Old 27-05-2023, 10:33 AM
Guide

Thankyou for bringing the Padgett messages to my attention Charles, I've got something else to study now.
Old 27-05-2023, 03:16 PM
Master

Well I was looking at this from another angle.

When we die we no longer have a body and so you gotta ask what are we on the other side. I have read that we are Consciousness? So if we are consciousness you gotta ask, How does consciousness communicate? Maybe language isn’t needed and communication happens in another way.

What it is, I have no idea.

Just a thought.
Old 27-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Spirit body

In response to Redchic12 comment on 'consciousness' Robert Hugh Benson, the Padgett Messages & Yogi Ramasharaka all debunk this notion with the facts. In the spirit world or afterlife everybody inhabits their spirit body, so we are not pure consciousness. This spirit body exists throughout our earth life and is linked to the physical body by an invisible (to us) cord.

Benson explains all this as follows:- 'the spirit body exactly coincides with the physical body, and during waking hours the two are inseparable. When sleep takes place the spirit body withdraws from the physical body, but the former is attached to the latter by a magnetic cord. I call it a magnetic cord for want of a better name. Just so long as the magnetic cord is joined to the earthly body, just so long will earthly life remain in the physical body. But the moment that dissolution takes place the life-line is severed, the spirit is free to live in its own element, while the physical body will decay in the manner which is perfectly familiar to you upon earth. The death of the physical body, then, is simply the severance of the magnetic cord'.

Benson explains this very clearly. It is a very simple concept thus no further speculation is needed.
Old 27-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Master
Experience is the evidence I use for my beliefs and I have been fortunate in this life to have lots of transcendent experiences. What people write about in books, including those books that are in the Christian Bible, are depictions of their own insights or experiences, but in my opinion they are not necessarily universal insights or experiences.

People here on Earth have unique experiences, we are all not having the same experience here on Earth so why is it believed that everyone will have the same experience after leaving this Earth? Yes, human beings have more in common then they do that is different, we were all born and we will all die, but there are experiences which people have that other people do not have.

I rely heavily on my own deeper being, soul if you will, to show me the way and not necessarily what is written by others. So I will share my experience and you should just take it as my experience. There are many levels in the afterlife. Words are irrelevant on the greater, deeper levels. Language is irrelevant. Beings communicate intuitively on the greater levels. In the greater realms you may exist as pure energy without a body.

On the lesser levels of being it is similar to life right here on Earth, people work, have jobs, body’s that resemble human form, and they speak with their tongue as we do here on Earth. Words like consciousness can be refuted, but all words and labels can be refuted. Taoism teaches that “nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth.” We get caught up in words to the point that the words become more real to us then the thing those words are referring to.

This is a product of the human mind. A new born baby comes into this world from the afterlife, and that baby has no worldly spoken language. Their brain has not formed yet to annunciate words. After you die, your brain stays here on Earth, so what do you use to annunciate words in the afterlife. In the afterlife there are no political or cultural distinctions, in my opinion. Look at the Earth from outer space and there are no boundaries that separate nations. Nations only exist in our mind.

If you believe in reincarnation, then a soul may be born in Britain speaking English then die and be reborn in Japan speaking Japanese. According to Hinduism and Buddhism, souls may reincarnate hundreds or thousands of times, and not always in the same country, same ethnicity, or culture. The spoken language is transitory, and it evolves. So a person in the afterlife who died back in the 11th century spoke a different kind of English then people speak today. Actually Americans today speak a different kind of English then many British do today.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, based on my life’s experiences, including out-of body experiences. But I acknowledge what is true for me may not be true for you. Is there only one truth? I don’t think so as truth to me is a matter of perception. Truth to an animal is much different then truth to a human being because animals can see and hear things that human beings can not.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 27-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
In the spirit world or afterlife everybody inhabits their spirit body, so we are not pure consciousness. This spirit body exists throughout our earth life and is linked to the physical body by an invisible (to us) cord. ... Benson explains this very clearly. It is a very simple concept thus no further speculation is needed.
I suggest that further speculation is useful. Benson calls it the spirit body as if it were a permanent vehicle for consciousness in the afterlife, while others would call it the astral body. And the astral body is just another temporary vehicle for consciousness to experience life on the astral planes, just as the physical body is a temporary vehicle for physical existence.

And at some point this astral body is also discarded - the so-called second death. And consciousness then functions on a yet more subtle plane in a yet more subtle body.

Of course, this is all speculation. But I would not regard Benson as the ultimate authority on the afterlife. Yes, he had shed many of his erroneous Earthly beliefs, but he still had certain core beliefs and much of the "spirit world" remained a mystery to him.

Peace
Old 27-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
So if we are consciousness you gotta ask, How does consciousness communicate? Maybe language isn’t needed and communication happens in another way.
By all accounts communication happens via thought - i.e. telepathy. Which maybe bypasses the problems of language. We receive a thought from another person and we experience that thought in the language we are comfortable with.

It may be different at the lower astral levels where people still identify with Earthly experience and so they continue to use "verbal" communication.

Peace