Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
...welcome...
It's good to be here, thanks!
Old 13-04-2023, 09:59 AM
Master

...sorry to interfere journeyman but NO...
Your afterlife will be just the same however you pass, be it through illness, accident, at the hands of others , or by your own hand.
Old 13-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
...sorry to interfere journeyman but NO...
Your afterlife will be just the same however you pass, be it through illness, accident, at the hands of others , or by your own hand.
Thanks Angel.
Old 13-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Administrator
If you take your own life you will pass into the spirit world along with everyone else.
it will be no different,

Namaste
Old 13-04-2023, 01:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
If you take your own life you will pass into the spirit world along with everyone else.
it will be no different,

Namaste
Thanks NativeSpirit
Old 13-04-2023, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I do shudder when I look back on my years at what an arrogant jerk I've been. When I do pass, my argument to the gatekeepers of the Afterlife is that if I knew then what I know now, I'd be a much kinder person.
This probably applies to all of us. We can look back on our lives and see all the mistakes we have made, the things we have said and done which we now wish we hadn't.

But life on Earth is a journey of learning. Every saint was once a sinner. Every sinner is a future saint. So we might evaluate our lives by how far we have come, to what extent do we now express our higher qualities.

And I do not think we have to argue our case before the gatekeepers of the Afterlife. By all accounts there is no judgement, there is just a loving and compassionate evaluation. And we may find that our worldly achievements count for very little, while small acts of kindness count for a great deal. Any judgements of our lives will come from ourselves - we may be disappointed by some of our choices or we may be pleasantly surprised.

Peace
Old 13-04-2023, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Now a more awkward question: if down the road I develop a chronic, painful terminal illness, will my afterlife be different if I terminate my own life at that point? No, at the present moment I'm not experiencing this, but the thought of having such a condition in the future does keep me up at night.
Opinions may vary on this. I am actually pro-euthanasia for terminal cases where there is no quality of life and all we can expect in life is a few extra months of pain. I see physical death as a valid cure to end physical suffering.

This is very different from those who terminate their own physical lives to escape or avoid a difficult situation, while still having a healthy body. They may hope that their problems will end at death, but perhaps afterwards they regret their choices.

Some writings about the afterlife state that the exact time and manner of our death is determined before birth and is part of our life plan. So death may happen suddenly or through apparent accident or through illness or violently or peacefully in our sleep. However it happens, it is what we agreed before being born.

So a chronic painful terminal illness would be difficult to endure but it would give us the opportunity to get our affairs in order and say our goodbyes. And like everything else, it will pass.

Peace
Old 13-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Administrator
So true

Namaste
Old 13-04-2023, 07:26 PM
Administrator
This is for anyone reading this post by Journeyman
I am a medium and I have bought people through who have passed by their own Hand,
And from people who were scared to pass.
They never cross on their own if its not a family member coming to collect them.
There guides will come for them.
People who cross by their own hands mostly say they are sorry for the pain they have left their loved ones with.
But they all come back to say that they are Happy where they are.
They are not judged for taking their own lives.

Namaste
Old 13-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is very different from those who terminate their own physical lives to escape or avoid a difficult situation, while still having a healthy body. They may hope that their problems will end at death, but perhaps afterwards they regret their choices.
Thanks again for you thoughts. I do know somebody who lost all his money—and everything—at a later stage in his life. He wasn't very economically viable being older, no health care, no savings; nothing. He knew he would eventually end up a poster child on skid row, rotting away under a bridge somewhere, so he terminated his life. I would like to think that the gatekeepers of the Afterlife would still show him mercy, and that he will still be in a better place.