Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
... if you purchase a pyramid, make sure you get the Giza design. The Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt has the dimensions that correlate with Sacred Geometry. Sacred Geometry can be found throughout nature. The Golden Ratio is part of the Sacred Geometry, it is sometimes called “the divine proportion” in mathematics.
This is very true. It may also be worth mentioning the pyramids designed by Alexander Golod, which have different dimensions but still seem to have remarkable properties. Many have been built in open spaces in Russia.

David Wilcock provides further details on Golod pyramids in The Source Field Investigations:

Golod’s largest pyramid soars at 144 feet (44 meters) in height, weighs more than 55 tons, took five years to complete, and cost him more than a million dollars to build. It was finished in 1999, and used “nonconductive materials without a single metal element.” Golod found that any metal in the pyramid structure caused the seemingly magic effects to significantly decrease, if not disappear entirely—as if it had an absorbing effect upon whatever mysterious energy fields might be at work.

Peace
Old 30-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Master
iamthat, as I stated, I initially learned about Sacred Geometry while studying the Kabbalah, which I took a 13-year curriculum on the Kabbalah from Rabbis at a Temple in Los Angeles. Started that study back in the 1970’s also.

The Hebrew Kabbalah materials go back to the days when the Great Pyramid at Giza was being built; they go back before the time of Jesus Christ. There have been more modern ideas of pyramids made since then which have similar properties as the Giza pyramid, as you have said.

Another such modern design is the geodesic dome, which was developed by Buckminister Fuller back in 1954. The geodesic dome is made out of thousands of pyramid shapes all joined together, and it also has some of the same properties as the Giza pyramid. I guess what I am saying is that the Giza pyramid was the original, but true to what you have said, there are other pyramid designs which have similar properties as Giza.
Old 30-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Interesting fact: When they use the 'armrest' to do the Kriya techniques taught by Yogananda, now by an initiation within SRF ...they practice them openly - even if a new person comes to their
open invitation Group Meditations. Must look pretty strange for a first timer.
Strange indeed. When I was initiated into Shabd Yoga I was a bit taken aback to discover that it required these techniques. I never imagined that this meditation consisted of sitting with my thumbs in my ears. But I could definitely hear the inner Sound current.

We were also taught a jyoti mudra to see the inner Light. There are variations of jyoti mudra (also known as yoni mudra or shanmukhi mudra), some of which I find uncomfortable, e.g.

I couldn't do that for any length of time!

We were taught to press the index finger against the brow chakra while the thumb and middle finger gently pressed the edges of the eyes. Again, my mind questioned this, as it is known that pressing the eyes can produce all sorts of inner patterns. But the light which I saw on my initiation was very clearly defined.

In some systems there is one technique to both hear the Sound and see the Light, but I was taught to do these techniques separately, which has always worked for me.

Peace
Old 30-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Master

Quote:
...I guess what I am saying is that the Giza pyramid was the original, but true to what you have said, there are other pyramid designs which have similar properties as Giza.
Indeed. I always considered the Great Pyramid at Giza to be the highest form of pyramid design, in terms of dimensions, ratios, alignment, and many other properties.

So when I first came across the Golod pyramids I had to question the design. But if they work then they work!

Peace
Old 30-03-2023, 08:03 PM
Master
Yoga is the alchemy of the east while alchemy is the yoga of the west. My path is a mixture of eastern and western techniques. They both have to do with “union” and self transformation. Meditation originated with ancient yogis in India, and while there was the Upanishads and other Vedic literature, originally yoga was viewed as a non-religious practice.

There are many schools of different yoga techniques today. Astanga yoga is the Eightfold path, Hatha yoga is about the physical postures, and there is also Karma yoga, and others. But there are also lots of different types of yoga (union) meditations.

We are talking about Shabd Yoga here, which is meditating on inner sound. There is also Raja Yoga, which is called “The Royal Path” and involves concentration techniques, Kundalini yoga, which is basically about working with your chakras, etc. There are many more types of yoga meditations techniques, but I also want to say something about alchemy.

Alchemy is also a method whereby a person can transform themselves. Alchemy, in the material or mineral sense, was bought to Europe by Arabs in the 8th century, but spiritual alchemy existed long before then. Alchemy is basically taking something that is base and turning it into something that is precious.

Hermes Trismegistus is quoted as saying about our conscious return trip to the source, “in life we will separate the subtle from the gross, the Earth from the fire, suavely, and with great ingenuity.” This is an alchemical statement about spiritual transformation; but alchemy can also be used in psychological matters. Spiritual alchemy is a practice, with techniques, just like yoga and meditation. One of the most important things in spiritual alchemy is our intake, what we eat, drink, or think. By the way, the word pyramid means “fire within,” pyra=fire and mid= in our midst. Pyramid use is considered a western alchemy technique.

Break time, new month coming up, got a two week RV camping trip planned in April. Spring is here and the weather is turning nice, looking forward to being out in nature.

Peace and Good Journey to all
Old 31-03-2023, 02:26 AM
Master
@ iamthat # 23 ~ this is one of the 112 meditation techniques specified in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. Here it is, as understood from Swami Lakshmanjoo’s treatise on the subject:

Vijnana Bhairava Tantra Practice-14/112

We now get to a secret technique
Into which we are allowed a sneak peek

Eyes open we still our eyeballs with our finger
A comfortable pressure but pupils should not quiver

In trusting simplicity we let the light within arise
A flame self luminous known to sages wise

Then within stillness sedate
We let our attention oscilllate
Between the third eye-crown-Bindu & heart
The flame divine never departs!

I’ve never tried it myself, since I opted to just be and allow energy influx without offering resistance and the ‘doing-nothing’ orientation has worked well for me. Yet the technique is well documented for those who wish to employ it, under the guidance of an advanced practitioner, I may add, if at all.
Old 31-03-2023, 12:47 PM
A pyramid

Ok, who can figure out: 4 bottom posts are 5 feet, all 4 sides posts meeting at the top are 5 feet, too...what is the height at the center?

I know know you can do it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-03-2023, 01:27 PM
I thought this was funny, I'm bad. But it is $160 plus shipping! Wow.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-03-2023, 03:33 PM
Master
Glad I stuck my head in. A pyramid with a 5-ft base would be 3ft. 18inches high. You can adjust the formula below to make any size pyramid. The formuila below is exact for the Great Pyramid at Giza.

Here is the pyramid formula:
ONE SIDE OF BASE 60 INCHES 5.00 FEET WIDE BASE
ASCENDING SIDE 57.06 INCHES 4.76 FEET SLOPING SIDE
CENTER APEX 38.20 INCHES 3.18 FEET CENTER HEIGHT

Base X.951 equals the length of one ascending side.
Base X.6366 equals the height of the pyramid's apex.
One half the base measurement times 1.618 equals
the distance from the apex down one face (side) to the floor.

Hope I did not make it too complicated
Old 31-03-2023, 04:28 PM
Quote:
A pyramid with a 5-ft base would be 3ft. 18inches high.
Bless you. Not complicated for me ..ALL I read was 54 inches!!!!
Or 4 1/2 feet and stopped reading...excellent. Thank you!
I'm holding off getting that copper one. I'm too impulsive...I might just make it with 2x2s this Spring. :)