Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-04-2023, 07:36 AM
Master

Thanks for your reply Starman. I have always been a great reader of your contributions to this forum. Your related experiences of the various aspects of life has no doubt opened your eyes very widely to the very stuff of life.

It's fact that I am approaching death. I would like to get to be 85 but doubt if my kidneys which are failing will hold out for the next 3 months. Oddly enough I find the whole process to be extremely interesting. I am in a care home and the kindness and readiness of the people around me allows me to relax and enjoy my last days.

My father died many years ago in London, I was 1000 kilometres away at that moment but he came to tell me he was dead, within seconds of his death actually. He also told me he was well and happy - I saw him too, he looked very well.

A few months after my wife's death she appeared to me in the kitchen, said nothing but just showed me she was still 'present'.

I have had many other experiences outside of 'normal' life, so there is no doubt in my mind that nature has plans of which we cannot conceive. I steer strongly away from all belief systems, the answer to life is quite simple really.

I wish you luck on your journey to eighty if you don't manage it - well - there's still lots of horizons in the future.

All the best,

Busby

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:21 AM
Master
Busby, at this very moment I feel that you were put here for me to serve, and those around you at the care home, sound like angels to me. I know this 85-year old woman who says she is striving to be 100-years old. I just wish her God’s Grace in her journey.

Its really not about how long we live but what we did while we were here I feel is more important. I crammed a lot into the first sixty years of my life, and all of that cramming gave me much to share. Love really is not love until you give it away.

The probability is high that you will see your loved ones once again on the other side, as they appeared to you after leaving this side. I am also receiving treatment for my kidneys, they are not that bad, and I am told to drink lots of water. But still I have a few things that can kill me at any moment.

For one I am an insulin dependent diabetic, but I am managing my diabetes very well. I know what you mean by managing my 80’s if I get there. Every new personal decade has been an adjustment for me. I thought I was over the hill when I turned 30, and then had to snap out of feeling old at age-40, 50, and 60. I have adjusted to my 70’s, it usually takes a couple of years for me to adjust to each personal decade. Grace, beauty, and peace, go with you on your continuing journey.

RETURNING HOME,
By a Confucian Wisdom-keeper, Tu Weiming

“Your vital energy is returning to the source.
Like the flowing stream returning to ocean.

Heaven is our Father, Earth is our Mother,
All people are our brothers and sisters,
and all things are our companions.

In this gentle peaceful journey, you are forming one body
with heaven and earth. Entrust yourself in the transforming
and nourishing care of the cosmos. Listen to the voice of love
in silence. You have heard the way; Return home in peace.”
Old 03-04-2023, 04:49 PM
Master
I suppose we grow and evolve through reincarnation so our soul is always the same size but it definitely expands- and probably contracts when we result with karma and inflation…

Our soul is the hardest to die, normal not deterministic by the physical body (that can result to ash but the soul is more immortal)

It takes a few deaths for the soul to finally die but I’m sure it just switches off to help the body not go through death any further…

Although some of us are on our first reincarnation we wouldn’t know for sure until we have been through it~ it would be nice if we only died once but it seems life is harder than that??? But not everyone is the same - some die on their first death it’s all dependent on the soul and person. Imo

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 03-04-2023, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
... We also have a spiritual umbilical cord, and in an OBE or NDE that cord stays attached to our physical body, otherwise we could not return to that physical body.

In actual death that spiritual umbilical cord is severed; ...

I believe that the "spiritual umbilical cord" is a symbol, and represents the connection between our awake state, and the whole personality. Due to societal conditioning we forget that we are just one aspect of a larger, multi-state, multi-dimensional personality (this forgetfulness is detrimental, and it isn't "by design").

There aren't a "me-here" and a "me-there", but the same "me" in different states of consciousness, with different focuses, and different sets of primary assumptions.

So, when we die, it isn't that that "cord" is broken, but it disappears because we realize that there was no cord, but there is one single personality that just awakes back to being aware of what it is: a projection of a non-physical entity into the physical-reality framework (like attending a school) to learn and evolve, in a protected and supervised manner.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:51 PM
Administrator
Starman I love that Verse it Resonates to me

Busby it sounds like you have found yourself in a Loving care home you are fortunate.

Namaste
Old 03-04-2023, 10:28 PM
Master
invalan, I can embrace what you have said, but in reality, at least my reality, everything in existence is symbolic; even the language we speak is a code. In geometry form follows function, so all form, including human form, is symbolic of a particular function.

The physical human umbilical cord has a function and possibly our spiritual umbilical cord does also. Yet I do understand that awakening to the one-ness of being erases any tethers we may have perceived as separateness. I do know that the drop is in the ocean and the ocean is also in the drop. Everything else is illusionary, in my opinion.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
... Yet I do understand that awakening to the one-ness of being erases any tethers we may have perceived as separateness. I do know that the drop is in the ocean and the ocean is also in the drop. Everything else is illusionary, in my opinion.
(I think) I understand where you're coming from. I don't subscribe to that kind of oneness. I was just pointing to a personality having one point of awareness that can focus in various states, in physical or non-physical, and in each of them having an experience as defined by a set of primary assumptions specific to that state (e.g. awake, sleep).

I disagree with statements like "the drop is in the ocean and the ocean is also in the drop", "everything else is illusionary", at the face value of what those words mean.

I also understand that (most) others have different views on "the nature of reality" than I have. :)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:18 AM
Master
inavalan, the drop is in the ocean and the ocean is also in the drop is written in the Mundaka Upanishads and also the Bhagavad Gita 2:15, but most of all it resonates with me and what experience I have had.

Nonetheless, I also embrace that not everyone sees things the same way and I am comfortable with that. Thus we have so many spiritual paths with varying perspectives, in my opinion, all may be using different words but talking about the same thing.

Peace
Old 04-04-2023, 06:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Starman I love that Verse it Resonates to me

Busby it sounds like you have found yourself in a Loving care home you are fortunate.

Namaste

Yes, that verse 'Returning Home' mirrors the absolute truth, it fills the room with its deep and yet revealing message.

Yes, Native Spirit, I am more than fortunate - and looking back I see how doors have opened just at the right time, in the right place.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:11 AM
Master

Starman: yes I have used that analogy regarding the ocean many times because it helps me to understand and seems to make sense. I always see God as the ocean and me as a mere drop in it ie God is me and I am God so to speak.

Wow I did not know it was in the Upanishads.