Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-05-2023, 03:04 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

From memory he speaks about groups of souls that agree to being used as food.
I mean, don't we all have our place or jobs in the scheme of things?
It made sense to me when I read it. I may be able to find the quote.
That surely brings me down to my knees. I am such a terrible ignorant. So there are souls that agree to be used as food, and are there those who agree to be abused, violented and murdered?

I would say that in that case, it is far more heinous the crime and more to be brought to justice the offender.

I will need time to process this. thank you
Old 09-05-2023, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaS
...and are there those who agree to be abused, violented and murdered?
Well, if you have not read any works by Dr. Brian Weiss or Robert Schwartz, please do :)...they help us to understand
more of the workings of this life! Exciting stuff.

:) This might help:
Once there was a student walking with his teacher:
S: Master, why did the bad man of the Village just find 5 gold coins...while
the good man of the Village just got robbed?

M: "Ah, the bad man had been good many lifetimes and was supposed to have found a Chest of Gold coins...but this life
he has been bad ....so only found 5 coins.

The man robbed was bad many lifetimes, he was supposed to have been robbed, beaten badly and hung from that tree upside down!
But he has been good, so was only robbed.

Nothing is what it seems."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2023, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Karma just means action. The principle of karma is simply this - actions have consequences. Why do people make so much fuss about karma?
Perhaps because they consider these consequences in terms of punishments and rewards. And yes, karma just means action but for me the principle behind karma is that of restoring balance.

Peace
Old 09-05-2023, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaS
So there are souls that agree to be used as food, and are there those who agree to be abused, violented and murdered?
It might help to consider that life on Earth from the perspective of Higher Consciousness may be quite different from life on Earth from the perspective of the incarnated human.

From the perspective of Higher Consciousness, physical life in form is very brief but provides opportunities for service and learning.

From the perspective of the incarnated human, physical life in form is to be prolonged as long as possible and we are focused on survival and security.

Whatever happens in our lives, the form will pass but the learning remains.

Peace
Old 10-05-2023, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Would it be safe to say all karma (eating,cooking,drugs, person to person) is served when the person dies-
If it was, there would be no continuity of learning.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:48 PM
Master

A brief quote from the Bhagvadgītā says: "śarirayātrā’pi ca te na prasiddhed akarmaṇaḥ ". It simply says we cannot maintain life without karma. All actions engender karma. Eating animals engenders karma and so does eating plants. But the two actions are different and have different consequences. Some, like me, have made a conscious decision to live with the consequences of eating plants rather than with the consequences of eating animals.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Karma just means action. The principle of karma is simply this - actions have consequences. Why do people make so much fuss about karma?
Well, that's the question. In ancient Sanskrit karma simply meant 'action', then later it became cause and effect. Sometime after that the ethical component was added and today it seems to be more about reward/punishment mentality. So instead of a punishing God/gods Spirituality has karma.

As to consequences, often Spiritual people talk of Spiritual subjects in splendid isolation. I've seen long and Spiritually eloquent posts about time not existing. so how does that affect karma? And Soul Contracts/Life's Purpose? And if we create our own realities aren't those consequences our own making and not karmas?
Old 12-05-2023, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
I've seen long and Spiritually eloquent posts about time not existing. so how does that affect karma? And Soul Contracts/Life's Purpose? And if we create our own realities aren't those consequences our own making and not karmas?
Yes, there are those who claim that time does not exist and all things happen simultaneously. This may be true at higher states of consciousness but the reality of everyday life in a physical body is that time is linear, one thing follows another, actions have effects. And so karma unfolds.

And while we may create our various Soul contracts and choose certain experiences, these are presumably in order to learn particular lessons. And so whatever we might choose would be aligned with karmic law. The personality may resist some of the seemingly harsh circumstances we experience, but from a Soul perspective it is all learning.

Peace
Old 13-05-2023, 03:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
So instead of a punishing God/gods Spirituality has karma.

As to consequences, often Spiritual people talk of Spiritual subjects in splendid isolation. I've seen long and Spiritually eloquent posts about time not existing. so how does that affect karma? And Soul Contracts/Life's Purpose? And if we create our own realities aren't those consequences our own making and not karmas?
The choice is not between punishing God/gods and karma. It is between judgment and justice. Judgment requires God/gods about whom I am clueless. Karma assures justice because, with karma, those who act only bear the consequences of their own actions.

As for spiritual people, I don't always pay attention to them. A good portion of spiritual talk ends up being mumbo jumbo. Soul contracts and creating our own reality are some of the things I don't understand and don't feel a need to understand.
Old 13-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Guide

You are your own Judge.Weather you return to make amends is entirely up to you.