Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 22-01-2021, 09:23 PM
Master

I am sorry to hear you were in a lot of pain Lynn. I hope you are a lot better now. I am sorry to hear of all the other people suffering.

Hopefully the vaccine will help the world to recover and we can live normal lives again.
Old 23-01-2021, 03:36 AM
Administrator
Hello

Like many that are getting older there will be issues that come and go. I am blessed to have a "pain management plan" in place. Off the pain meds do that is a start.

We are in hard times for a bit longer. I just heard that British Columbia Canada where I call home is doing OK with numbers while parts of Canada are on Lock Down. We learned today there will be no BC Day Long Weekend events, no Easter Gatherings, family from outside included in this mix. No visitors to your home. We go to work come home, one person from the house shops for food (once a week). That is life.

The Summer is a "write off" for travel and the boarder inter provincially might close. That is how our World is in our Bubble. Masks are reality for a long time yet as is social distancing and sanitizers. I am OK with that aspect.

We will in time get past this but a shot in the arm is not yet the end of it all its the start of the turn of the page is all in the Covid 19 book.

I will get past my issues....I am too stubborn to lay down.

Lynn
Old 23-01-2021, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Canada

The pandemic restrictions situation in BC, Canada isn't much different from that in the UK.

What I've found curious is that our Canuck friends and neighbors - actually snowbirding right now in my winter home resort in Arizona the lucky people - were able to fly into AZ but were unable to cross the border by road. As far as I can ascertain there have been no special restrictions on their movements once they're in AZ.

There appears to be fewer restrictions in AZ than in their home provinces. I'm guessing they'll be able to fly back into Canada without landing restrictions when spring arrives in AZ and it gets too hot for most.

Some might stay in AZ longer, though, if there are tougher restrictions at home!
Old 23-01-2021, 05:10 PM
janielee

Thanks for the update, Lynn. Sending you love.
Old 23-01-2021, 05:30 PM
Administrator
Hello

Yes that is the crock of it all, you can fly in and out and "so called quarantine for 14 days" to most places in the World, yet your screened at the USA land boarder for entry. Yet many just say "Gong to Alaska" and over they came. Now to get on a plane you must pay for a private Covid Test and you are followed up on when you get home.

You still can drive from a Province on Lock Down to shop freely here and stay in a hotel, visit a ski resort or local hotel (cheep rates on now). We are free to go to any restaurant and eat out with friends. They are all social distanced yet cant have that same friend over to our home. There are so many gaps in it all but its how its set up.

I work retail and customers are NOT giving us our 6 foot space or respects and employees feel they are OK to stand right nest to each other as we have been "Temp Checked" at the door coming to work. So again flaws in the system.

We have a lot more freedoms than many in Canada as our numbers have been pretty good, and we have cluster traceable outbreaks. That is not to say we are in the clear. One of our Ski Hills has a outbreak.

In our last Lock Down Home Improvement stores were deemed "essential service so the lines there for Garden Season were unreal. I never went to any of them, I was house bound ill that whole time with severe Sciatica.

It makes no sense at all what is allowed and what is not allowed. I heard that in Manitoba that the police were monitoring streets at Christmas to see whom was going in and out of houses. That police choppers were in the air looking around.

We are looking at closing the road boarders in BC for the long weekend to come. Will see we rely on the tourist income so much here another season gone will be hard on many more.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
The pandemic restrictions situation in BC, Canada isn't much different from that in the UK.

What I've found curious is that our Canuck friends and neighbors - actually snowbirding right now in my winter home resort in Arizona the lucky people - were able to fly into AZ but were unable to cross the border by road. As far as I can ascertain there have been no special restrictions on their movements once they're in AZ.

There appears to be fewer restrictions in AZ than in their home provinces. I'm guessing they'll be able to fly back into Canada without landing restrictions when spring arrives in AZ and it gets too hot for most.

Some might stay in AZ longer, though, if there are tougher restrictions at home!
Old 23-01-2021, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Some of what you've mentioned is much looser than in the UK.

Here all hospitality and non-essential shopping is all closed - no pubs or restaurants, no shops/stores open unless they sell food. Hotels can open for certain specific purposes connected to the pandemic or moving home. The mantra is "Stay at Home" apart from short exercise sessions, medical visits and food shopping.

There's now talk our government may tighten things further because the infection rates are still horrifyingly high, hospitals are overwhelmed by the numbers of Covid-19 patients, medical staff are physically and emotionally exhausted and it's expected there will be weeks more before any beneficial effect of mass vaccination is evident in hospital admissions.

I fear a lot of individuals still deny or underestimate the seriousness of our situation.
Old 24-01-2021, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Yes that is the crock of it all, you can fly in and out and "so called quarantine for 14 days" to most places in the World, yet your screened at the USA land boarder for entry. Yet many just say "Gong to Alaska" and over they came. Now to get on a plane you must pay for a private Covid Test and you are followed up on when you get home.

You still can drive from a Province on Lock Down to shop freely here and stay in a hotel, visit a ski resort or local hotel (cheep rates on now). We are free to go to any restaurant and eat out with friends. They are all social distanced yet cant have that same friend over to our home. There are so many gaps in it all but its how its set up.

I work retail and customers are NOT giving us our 6 foot space or respects and employees feel they are OK to stand right nest to each other as we have been "Temp Checked" at the door coming to work. So again flaws in the system.

We have a lot more freedoms than many in Canada as our numbers have been pretty good, and we have cluster traceable outbreaks. That is not to say we are in the clear. One of our Ski Hills has a outbreak.

In our last Lock Down Home Improvement stores were deemed "essential service so the lines there for Garden Season were unreal. I never went to any of them, I was house bound ill that whole time with severe Sciatica.

It makes no sense at all what is allowed and what is not allowed. I heard that in Manitoba that the police were monitoring streets at Christmas to see whom was going in and out of houses. That police choppers were in the air looking around.

We are looking at closing the road boarders in BC for the long weekend to come. Will see we rely on the tourist income so much here another season gone will be hard on many more.

Lynn

I work at a retail store.

Today, a homeless person came in to the store, smelling extremely bad. We had to open all of the doors. The person had no mask, no foot wear and I caught the person stealing a whole bunch of stuff.

In this person's case, there was nothing we could do. Police surely would not intervene and even if we took the stolen stuff away from the person, we would have to throw it away.

By the way...... the homeless person looked very much sick.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-01-2021, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Some of what you've mentioned is much looser than in the UK.

Here all hospitality and non-essential shopping is all closed - no pubs or restaurants, no shops/stores open unless they sell food. Hotels can open for certain specific purposes connected to the pandemic or moving home. The mantra is "Stay at Home" apart from short exercise sessions, medical visits and food shopping.

There's now talk our government may tighten things further because the infection rates are still horrifyingly high, hospitals are overwhelmed by the numbers of Covid-19 patients, medical staff are physically and emotionally exhausted and it's expected there will be weeks more before any beneficial effect of mass vaccination is evident in hospital admissions.

I fear a lot of individuals still deny or underestimate the seriousness of our situation.

In your second home country, Arizona, some take advantage of the system. For example, the 'poor' are given free food which means that 'other' people show up for their food quota because their is no verification that they are in need.

As for restaurants, a few are at full capacity. I asked how they can do that. I was told, after the Health Department visits them, they can 'do whatever they want'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I work at a retail store.

Today, a homeless person came in to the store, smelling extremely bad. We had to open all of the doors. The person had no mask, no foot wear and I caught the person stealing a whole bunch of stuff.

In this person's case, there was nothing we could do. Police surely would not intervene and even if we took the stolen stuff away from the person, we would have to throw it away.

By the way...... the homeless person looked very much sick.

That individual sounds desperate rather than just criminal. I wonder how many others are similarly desperate and in such a prosperous country? More than one might think.....
Old 24-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In your second home country, Arizona, some take advantage of the system. For example, the 'poor' are given free food which means that 'other' people show up for their food quota because their is no verification that they are in need.

As for restaurants, a few are at full capacity. I asked how they can do that. I was told, after the Health Department visits them, they can 'do whatever they want'.

There are always those who will take advantage of any system designed to help the genuinely needy. Here we have business support to try to keep businesses afloat while they have no income so they can function again if we ever escape this pandemic.

It's known there are thousands fraudulently claiming but there aren't the resources needed to authenticate claimants' true status. And even the comparatively few found to be fraudulent claims can't be taken to court as our courts have a huge backlog of cases, delays of up to four years to hear cases have been forecast.

As for restaurants those who sit in them are foolish if they're near capacity. Even at reduced capacity I'd be reluctant to eat in any of them, air-conditioning circulating any virus particles so lots of diners get exposed. Then there's the issue over cleaning and disinfecting shared areas, tables, rest-rooms etc. But everyone must surely be aware by now - mustn't they?

You can lead a horse to water.....