Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 24-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Master
What do you all think of these Lipizzaner horses at the Spanish riding school in Vienna? Years ago I always wanted to go and see them. I watched this video recently and I'm unsure. When they're jumping on their hind legs is it straining them? I'm sure they look after them well, and have people lining up to take them on when they retire. Anyway, what do you all think? 10 min vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY3wmWT-sb8
Old 24-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Master
I watched a live performance of the Lipizzaners and was beautiful to see. I hope you get a chance to watch them.

What they're doing is a high level of dressage. It takes years to get a talented horse to perform at that level. You do have to keep the horses in good physical condition the day they're born. No sick or injured horse can perform well in any sport at the lower levels so would be unable to advance to the grand prix level which is what we see the Lipizzaners perform. They are also bred for the sport.

The movements are natural to horses which are brought out and highlighted through training.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 24-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I watched a live performance of the Lipizzaners and was beautiful to see. I hope you get a chance to watch them.

What they're doing is a high level of dressage. It takes years to get a talented horse to perform at that level. You do have to keep the horses in good physical condition the day they're born. No sick or injured horse can perform well in any sport at the lower levels so would be unable to advance to the grand prix level which is what we see the Lipizzaners perform. They are also bred for the sport.

The movements are natural to horses which are brought out and highlighted through training.

They are beautiful aren't they. Your post is reassuring, thanks.
It was funny, because years ago I was in Vienna and went in to enquire about getting tickets, but they were on tour in England where I'm from
Old 24-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Master
Were they on tour in Canada when you saw them Chrysalis?
Old 27-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Master
Andalusian in dressage

gouache & pencil 6"x8"
learning proportions the fun way
Old 27-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Master
https://youtu.be/hasBJ1Gkjy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

gouache & pencil 6"x8"
learning proportions the fun way

Oh I like that Uma. Very nice. Is he called Black Beauty There was a TV series in the 70's called Black Beauty, I don't think I missed an episode, I loved the music and him running at the beginning and end titles especially. Video at top.
Old 27-01-2020, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Is he called Black Beauty There was a TV series in the 70's called Black Beauty, I don't think I missed an episode, I loved the music and him running at the beginning and end titles especially. Video at top.

Thanks Josephine
No name but you can call him whatever you like :)
I only read the book, and I saw the film Black Velvet with Elizabeth Taylor
Funny the only sort of horse TV show I remember was Francis the talking mule (reruns)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9n1rAqyDSk

More recently I fell in love with the Turkish TV series Dirilis Ertugrul - lots of amazing horses in that one
Old 29-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thanks Josephine
No name but you can call him whatever you like :)
I only read the book, and I saw the film Black Velvet with Elizabeth Taylor
Funny the only sort of horse TV show I remember was Francis the talking mule (reruns)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9n1rAqyDSk

More recently I fell in love with the Turkish TV series Dirilis Ertugrul - lots of amazing horses in that one

Ah yes Elizabeth Taylor. That might have been her first film, she was very young in it anyway. I recognise the actor in Francis the Talking Mule from Singing in the Rain. I don't think we had that show over here though. A Black Beauty horse came to our school once, I don't think it was THE Black Beauty Might have been. We had the real Green Cross Code man though I think that was just a British thing. He was on TV commercials in the 70's, showing children how to cross the road safely. He was the actor that played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars, although James Earl Jones voice.
Old 29-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Were they on tour in Canada when you saw them Chrysalis?

They were on tour and came to my city. To see the show, I had to hurry home from work, shove food in my face while I waited for a friend. The show was worth the rushing around to get there on time.

After that, the Lippazaners came again years later and I went with family.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 29-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Master
I love the picture of the Andalusian.

I used to watch Black Beauty and The Black Stallion. I read the books too. The shows were different. In the Black Stallion tv series, they used a Thoroughbred for the running and a few Arabians for the tricks.

Now I'm going to tell you something that might blow your mind. It's movie trivia but you know, horses. In National Velvet, the horse was a robot which got remade for the last Headless Horseman movie.