Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-05-2023, 07:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Exploring the Mysteries of Death: Journeying into the Enigmatic Afterlife

Hey fellow seekers of truth,

I've been pondering a topic that intrigues us all—death and the enigmatic afterlife. It's a profound subject that often stirs up deep emotions and questions within us. What happens when we leave this physical existence? Are there realms beyond what our senses can perceive? Join me as we embark on a quest to unravel the mysteries of death and the afterlife.

In this thread, I invite you to share your personal beliefs, experiences, and insights concerning death and what lies beyond. Have you had any encounters with spirits or near-death experiences? How have these encounters influenced your perception of the afterlife? Let's engage in meaningful discussions and foster a space where we can openly contemplate and challenge our understanding of this eternal enigma.

Some thought-provoking questions to get the conversation flowing:

What are your beliefs regarding the nature of the afterlife? Do you envision it as a realm of pure spiritual existence or a continuation of our earthly journey in a different form?
Have you encountered any signs or synchronicities that have given you glimpses into the existence of an afterlife? How did these experiences impact your spiritual journey?
How do different spiritual traditions and religions approach the concept of death and the afterlife? Are there any particular teachings or practices that resonate with you?
What role does death play in your personal spiritual growth and understanding of the universe? How does contemplating mortality shape your perspective on life?
Are there any specific rituals, practices, or meditations you engage in to explore the realm of the afterlife or connect with departed loved ones?
Remember, this discussion is a safe and respectful space for everyone, regardless of their beliefs or experiences. Let's embrace diversity and engage in open-minded dialogue to enrich our spiritual journeys.

Looking forward to delving deep into this thought-provoking topic with all of you!
Old 25-05-2023, 03:14 PM
Master

I suggest you start with your views. It is more inviting. Otherwise it seems that you're the arbiter of others' opinions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Knower
Arbiter or not ... everyone has an opinion. Someone is going to agree and someone else is going to disagree anyway.

I do have what might seem to be a peculiar reference point to work from myself. My belief is that consciousness is attached to the physical body as long as I'm physically functioning. When I no longer physically function, that consciousness then attaches to the soul and carries on with new thought processes suitable for the next several bodies it will eventually become a component of as those bodies change. I believe there is a so-called Heaven for us - and we have significant ability to build and develop it ourselves if there is no external assistance to call upon.

I believe there is a body for each of the next five expressions our consciousness "explores" - (as exploration is for a large part, a function of consciousness).

Believing that we not only have a physical body, but as well an "Astral" body (attaching to our emotions); a "Manasic" body (attaching to all our imagery & symbolisms); a "Bhuddic" body (attaching to our intuitional ability); and an "Atmic" body (which is in direct connection to all spiritual totality), there is also a level of reality that is best suited for utilizing each one - they can be considered as "vacation hot spots" if you are developed well enough for using any or all of them.

"Death" and the "afterlife" are sort of irrelevant identifiers - meaningful only from a "physical (finite/mortal) perception apparatus" - that coincidently also invented the terminology of them.

Because of these "suitable" levels to exist in, I perceive reality as a hypostasis (Philosophically speaking; "an underlying reality or substance, as opposed to attributes or to that which lacks substance"), of which density and levity play major roles in. It is arguable amongst some whether the "underlying reality" is perceived as being the physical, or the Divine (i.e.: "from the bottom up," or "from the top down").

What underlies your reality ?

I don't believe that a Creator would construct beings just to intentionally dismantle them somewhere further down the road... "dismantling" such would only necessitate re-disbursal of their energy to more suitable/appropriate environs - the only question is as to which part of our awareness/memory that our consciousness will "gravitate" towards and combine with - those being of our good thoughts or our bad ones.

So, it is more agreeable to me to view our energy as being "filtered" and "purified" via the intrinsic functions of "free will/volition"... This process will place our awareness in various densities of nature throughout eternity and separations of purity develop attachment that ultimately defines what kind of soul/spirit combination we want to be.

Our Conscious Awareness is a universe of Infinites & Absolutes, ever changing, never becoming stagnant, and always developing more adaptable states of comfort for itself.

I know this world and I have failed miserably at creating a universal state of "comfort"... so I'm "delegating that concept off" to the next expression, as soon as it is permissible for me to leave this one (via a higher authority than my own, of course).
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 25-05-2023, 04:54 PM
Knower
What a refreshingly beautiful invitation, a genuinely friendly and open conversation starter.

I do not know what will happen when I leave this sensory existence, I don’t allow my mind to form any hardened belief systems or opinions on the matter. Beliefs and opinions lead to the conceptualisation of and in most cases attachment to what is ultimately incomprehensible.

It is my intuition, not my mind (or anybody else’s), that tells me there is something ineffable behind form (physical form and psychological form, which includes dreams and the realm of the psyche), it’s a wonderful mystery.

A great master once said ‘death is a dead body, understand this and you will understand death.’
Old 25-05-2023, 07:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
My belief is that consciousness is attached to the physical body as long as I'm physically functioning. When I no longer physically function, that consciousness then attaches to the soul and carries on with new thought processes suitable for the next several bodies it will eventually become a component of as those bodies change.
Hi Lord_Viskey

As you know, I favour the teachings of Theosophy and Alice Bailey. So I regard Consciousness and the Soul as synonymous. The incarnated Soul/Consciousness extends a portion of itself into the physical form, thus giving rise to the everyday physical consciousness we experience. The physical body is a vehicle for Consciousness to experience physical existence. At physical death Consciousness withdraws its extension from the body and the body dies.

You mention the subtle bodies. These are always present as part of our form nature, but after death the astral body becomes the vehicle of expression for Consciousness on the astral planes. Then we are told that there is a second death, when Consciousness withdraws from the astral body and expresses through the mental body on the lower mental planes.

Finally Consciousness withdraws from the lower mental body and the last remnant of the previous personality is no more, although the lessons learned are stored in the Causal body, the vehicle of the Soul on the higher mental planes. For most people the Causal body is the highest resting place between incarnations.

You also mention the Buddhic and Atmic vehicles, which can be regarded as the higher vehicles of the Soul. For most of us, these higher vehicles are beyond the reach of our conscious awareness. It is only when we step onto the path of spiritual Initiation that we begin to function consciously in these vehicles. Then after shedding all remnants of the personality the Soul finds its natural home in these higher bodies, working within the inner Ashrams which guide the progress of Humanity.

I find this school of thinking very comprehensive, and judging from your various posts you also share this approach.

Peace
Old 26-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Master
I would go today or tomorrow. Home, but not to some fantasised afterlife.
But work is not quite done.

Where I come from, you don't have form. You can if you want to. At least at the beginning, most choose some form, but as we move deeper into the fifth density, as it is sometimes called, we lose all kind of form.

One thing I like to add, no matter in what level of existence we are, there are always challenges, without challenges, no progress.
Old 29-05-2023, 07:44 PM
Knower
Hello again iamthat.
Seems my notifications got shut off & didn't realize that other posts had been made.

I was just noticing your response is posted with our physical form as being the reference point - (as well it should be, seeins' how we are currently physical beings), yet I enjoy meandering the dimensions with as much mental ability as I can muster with every available opportunity. With that in mind, I thought I'd respond as if with a "trinity being's" capability (my spirit, soul, & self).

I agree with most everything you've pointed out (in the way you've pointed it out) and it may be as much a case of semantics to phrase it thus : "... I regard Consciousness and the Soul as synonymous...". Personally, I do not regard my physical form as being synonomous with my consciousness while I am physical - therefore I would not consider it to be synonomous with any other body that I might persist within either.

I see consciousness with as much difference as people usually would argue between the "Idealism" & "Materialism" views of reality (which is the epiphenomenon of the other ?). IMO, at the "personal" consciousness level, they are still two different "tools" combined together within one "skin box" - during a physical expression. Whereas, at a "universal" consciousness level, it might become more recognizable as a "field" of energy within which all of our other bodies exist.

Just as you say: "The physical body is a vehicle for Consciousness to experience physical existence," I believe that "other bodies" are vehicles for consciousness to utilize too - when their time comes to do so.

I also believe that "stepping onto the path of spiritual Initiation" does not necessitate having to occur only within "this or that" physical opportunity. With "awareness," I believe spiritual initiation is available for our consciousness to explore & experiment with on any given plane of existence. The progress of humanity seems over rated to me. No matter how we slice it up, it will still always be something with a temporal leash on it.

True, the causal body is considered the highest subtle body, and perhaps, as far as physical exercises go, "shedding all remnants of the personality," is one way to go.

However, I plan on exploring how to maintain some modicum of an - (at least somewhat purified) - personality in the aftermath of my crossing over from this physical expression. If I can catch up to you there, I'll let you know how this goes.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 29-05-2023, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
Just as you say: "The physical body is a vehicle for Consciousness to experience physical existence," I believe that "other bodies" are vehicles for consciousness to utilize too - when their time comes to do so. ... However, I plan on exploring how to maintain some modicum of an - (at least somewhat purified) - personality in the aftermath of my crossing over from this physical expression. If I can catch up to you there, I'll let you know how this goes.
Indeed, I agree that all the various bodies are vehicles for Consciousness to experience the various planes. And it will be interesting to see what remains of personality in the immediate aftermath of our transition.

Perhaps we shall meet up on some other plane and compare notes!

Peace