Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-03-2023, 11:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
However people never convinced me I should get rid of that, I don't think they cared at all, they took advantage of it because they had a slave for free.

FWIW There are reasons for bearing with such... an obvious example of going along with it for a time at least is to reprogram your own life, so that you won't expect yourself to be giving things you don't wanna give even when confronted with the most pathological situations. To kinda take stock of where you are and what you are willing to do and then going to the effort of holding the line, instead of just doing what you have always done, giving away the farm. So then you still get to do difficult/painful things but now they are to your own growth rather than as some footnote in someone else's story...

This instead of just abandoning the situation and trying to change your external world into something that you can accept means you don't have to treat yourself so badly... and then eventually, being plunged back into the same situation as before and hating your scripted role in it just as much as before and then trying to run away from it to get a better reality just like before.
Old 25-03-2023, 08:30 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
This instead of just abandoning the situation and trying to change your external world into something that you can accept means you don't have to treat yourself so badly... and then eventually, being plunged back into the same situation as before and hating your scripted role in it just as much as before and then trying to run away from it to get a better reality just like before.

I am untangling the sh.. they made, but I've been okay for the most part. I mean, I was born in the Augean stables, so to speak, so I don't know what's living with caring and loving people. Nature has brought me the love I needed.
Old 25-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Master

Quote:
I am untangling the sh.. they made, but I've been okay for the most part.

it is rough going through some of this, but I think it is worth it. You grow in ways that would never be possible, if you were allowed a 'perfect' environment that totally suited you...

I never knew 'love' from people when I grew up either but the world seems to extend a lot of it now...

it becomes more a matter of being grateful for what you've got, than trying to get some perfect thing that you could think up and set a goal to get.
Old 25-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it becomes more a matter of being grateful for what you've got, than trying to get some perfect thing that you could think up and set a goal to get.
Yes, I get your point, growing up in a "perfect" environment would lead to no evolution. It's the basis of duality and existence, pain and pleasure.

I thought about my sentence later on today, actually I received love from my family, not in a direct way, mostly, but they did care about me.
And we usually remember traumas or bad events better than the good times.

Still, true love came with my connection with nature, not in the ritualistic, egocentric, mundane life.
Old 26-03-2023, 11:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Still, true love came with my connection with nature, not in the ritualistic, egocentric, mundane life.

yeah it is hard to get love from people, so many rules... so many people are hurting themselves... and then there is all the stuff about how you are supposed to run around single-mindedly trying to get what you are supposed to want that gets in the way...
Old 28-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Master

I am happy for you!! Tinnitus is very old friend of mine, like from the early days, about 3 years old or less, I can remember thinking what was the noise I was hearing and coming to the conclusion that it is the sound of silence, years later I've learned that it was not for others were not hearing it.

There's something really cool about it, when my grandma was alive she used to tell me that she was hearing birds singing and like being somewhere in the middle of the forest, of course I did not make the connection with tinnitus until I started hearing the same birds singing as if I was in the middle of a very active forest. I literally hear birds singing and I can focus on a certain sound.
Old 28-03-2023, 07:43 PM
Suspended
Guide

The most recent post in the Spiritualism thread on the religious part of this forum that goes into great detail about Tinnitus by a member, Cellar Door, which I found very helpful.
Of course it's just opinion but I find it fascinating.
Old 28-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Ascender
yeah,
just a bird singing
an elephant trumpeting
sounds of nature
all in pasture
to overcome pains
and become saints
go higher
or dig deeper
all the same