Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-11-2010, 04:41 PM
becomingshaman

Why Some Tarot Decks are "Better" than Others...

I'm interesting to hear what people think.

I have this one tarot deck that I absolutely *love.* It's the Osho Zen deck, and it just...works for me. It took a little while to get in the "groove" with it, but now it's like I pick it up and my hands often start burning or tingling and the readings are just...powerfully spot on.

My other decks? Not even close.

I'm not sure if it's because I haven't spent a lot of time with them...and yet, the reason I haven't spent a lot of time with them is because there just isn't that draw to them like there was with the Osho Zen deck.

Anyways, interested in other people's experiences and looking forward to hearing the way you might explain why some decks are just "better" than others when it comes to each individual (or, not, if you disagree).
Old 22-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Lostgirl

I think its just your connection to the cards. I found my deck after looking at the various ones online. I didnt even need to pick up my deck and i just fell in love with them. They work well for me and i just love them.
Each to their own and everyone will have their own connection to differet decks.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Master
I'm with lost girl I think it's your connection with the cards that makes it important. I have looked thru decks and I know they are not for me but when I have a deck that flows with me my readings are better.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Osian

I seem to get on with all decks. OSHO zen is onee of my favourites mainly because it gives sensitive accurate answers.
Old 22-11-2010, 09:56 PM
SunSister

Funny thing, this. Osho Zen was the very first deck I worked with and it is still my favourite for readings that require a very clear and precise answer. I find that the images and words, along with the descriptions of the cards, provoke intuitive responses in me. I once did a 15-card spread of my own making and could jump to conclusions in no more than five minutes after all the cards were down on the table. They have a very powerful way of speaking to one's common sense, I'd say.

The other deck I'm close to is the DruidCraft one, which I love because of the fond memories I have of it. Friend of mine taught me how to read his deck back when I didn't own it and I immediately clicked with the ideas portrayed by it. I am actually also looking forward to playing with the Shadowscapes deck when I get my hands on it, because there are foxes in that one and I loooove foxes.

I think my post quite aptly describes why some cards click better with you than others do. There has to be something inside them that speaks to you as a person.
Old 23-11-2010, 12:05 AM
becomingshaman

I just ordered a Shadowscapes!

How fun to hear that others have really connected with the Osho deck! Yes, I love it for many of the same reasons. :)
Old 23-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Master
I like the Osho deck although I don't use it much. The idea of basing a tarot deck on the teachings of a spiritual leader was so intriguing I created one of my own and I included reversals as well, which Osho doesn't, and they are all positive messages nothing negative or disturbing. So I have to say I like my own deck best.